Thread: Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    alleged forced resignation
    Until there's a credible reason to believe otherwise, there's no reason to tack "alleged" on there. Something doesn't just become an open question because Free Beacon disregards the historical record of such resignations.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just as she's matching Biden's poll numbers, she comes up with more reasons to challenge her truthfulness....

Report disputes Elizabeth Warren’s claim she was let go from teaching job over pregnancy

And, yeah, I know, Trump lies.
    Report, nothing - the county records show she was extended a second year's contract and later her resignation was accepted "with regret".

Pocahontas "Lyin' Liz" Warren - when you though the Democrat field couldn't get worse!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's vital as an old white leftist politician you try and negate your "white privilege" card with some sort of victim card. Give her some credit, she's at least desperately trying.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Until there's a credible reason to believe otherwise, there's no reason to tack "alleged" on there.
    She has made conflicting statements, but, no doubt, you alone know which of her statements is the for really one!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

5. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Report, nothing - the county records show she was extended a second year's contract and later her resignation was accepted "with regret".

Pocahontas "Lyin' Liz" Warren - when you though the Democrat field couldn't get worse!

Which is why her "forced resignation" should be referred to as "alleged forced resignation".

7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Until there's a credible reason to believe otherwise, there's no reason to tack "alleged" on there. Something doesn't just become an open question because Free Beacon disregards the historical record of such resignations.

--Sam
    She's given two separate accounts - alleged, it is!

"I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, 'I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years and I was really casting about, thinking, 'What am I going to do?'" she said.

Most recently, The Washington Free Beacon located county records from the local school board, showing that the board in April 1971 voted to extend Warren a second-year contract similar to the one she held the previous year.
    A few months later in June, the minutes show that her resignation was “accepted with regret

Source

So, something between just over a month to just under three months - but during the summer recess.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The public has shown that they don't regard frequent lying as a deal breaker... So what does this incident matter?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The public has shown that they don't regard frequent lying as a deal breaker... So what does this incident matter?
    It was a slow day - Warren is catching up to Joe in the polls, and it appears she's following in his footsteps with the 'creative editing' of her personal stories. It's like these people don't realize how easy it is for somebody - ANYBODY - to check their current version of a story with a previous version they told themselves.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There was a lady (recently deceased) who was a member of three different churches where I served, and she told me once after Church "I've heard you tell that story at least a dozen times, and you always tell it the same way".

At least I'm consistent!

12. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I know the president has decided that ethnic smears are okay, but could we just maybe try for a higher standard here?

14. Amen Sam, Roy amen'd this post.