Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 651

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

  1. #21
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,985
    Amen (Given)
    1124
    Amen (Received)
    19362
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Report, nothing - the county records show she was extended a second year's contract and later her resignation was accepted "with regret".

    Pocahontas "Lyin' Liz" Warren - when you though the Democrat field couldn't get worse!


    The minutes from the Riverdale Board of Education meeting on April 21, 1971"the county records show she was extended a second year's contract"


    The minutes from the Riverdale Board of Education meeting on June 16, 1971 "later her resignation was accepted "with regret""

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #22
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    I know the president has decided that ethnic smears are okay, but could we just maybe try for a higher standard here?
    When I was growing up, Pocahontos was a figure to be admired, so, yeah, I repent of my acceptance of a comparison of Warren to Pocahontos, however badly I spell her name.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  3. Amen Juvenal amen'd this post.
  4. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,367
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    She's given two separate accounts - alleged, it is!


    Source


    So, something between just over a month to just under three months - but during the summer recess.


    [/FONT]

    Look at the timeline and you can see the stories aren't in conflict:

    1970: Warren graduates w/ bachelors
    1970: Warren teaches first year
    1971, April: Warren, not visibly pregnant, gets job renewal
    1971, June: Warren, now visibly pregnant, is told by principal someone else would be getting the job
    1971, June: County Board gets "resignation" notice from principal

    Warren didn't return to graduate school full-time until 1974 or so. Whether she took "a few classes" or not between June 1971 and 1974 would be the only point in question and that's not particularly germane to anything.

    --Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  5. #24
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,985
    Amen (Given)
    1124
    Amen (Received)
    19362
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    She's given two separate accounts - alleged, it is!




    Source


    So, something between just over a month to just under three months - but during the summer recess.




    [/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    00000000000000ab000-00aaf.jpg
    Why she's also known as lie-a-watha


    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  6. #25
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,140
    Amen (Given)
    9301
    Amen (Received)
    5591
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The minutes from the Riverdale Board of Education meeting on April 21, 1971"the county records show she was extended a second year's contract"


    The minutes from the Riverdale Board of Education meeting on June 16, 1971 "later her resignation was accepted "with regret""
    So just under two months - thanks!

  7. #26
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Warren Claimed She Lost Teaching Job for Being ‘Visibly Pregnant’ — Many Reports Show That Might Not Be True

    Both Megan Day of the far-left Jacobin and National Review contributor Jeryl Bier pointed to an interview from 2007 as evidence that Warren’s story may not be true.

    They highlighted that Warren participated in a series of interviews in 2007 done at the University of California at Berkley where the senator noted that she didn’t return to her special education job because she wasn’t properly certified.

    Warren had been working on an “emergency certificate” because she had not yet completed the full coursework to be a teacher when she was hired. She claimed she didn’t return to the job because she did not want to hassle with the paperwork.

    “I was married at nineteen and graduated from college after I’d married, and my first year post-graduation I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an ’emergency certificate,’ it was called. I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband’s view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.’ And I was very restless about it.'"


    If you only look at what Warren says she said, as Sam seems to accept, there might be little or no conflict.

    If you look at what she is actually recorded as having said, there's a problem on the planet.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  9. #27
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,140
    Amen (Given)
    9301
    Amen (Received)
    5591
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Look at the timeline and you can see the stories aren't in conflict:

    1970: Warren graduates w/ bachelors
    1970: Warren teaches first year
    1971, April: Warren, not visibly pregnant, gets job renewal
    1971, June: Warren, now visibly pregnant, is told by principal someone else would be getting the job
    1971, June: County Board gets "resignation" notice from principal

    Warren didn't return to graduate school full-time until 1974 or so. Whether she took "a few classes" or not between June 1971 and 1974 would be the only point in question and that's not particularly germane to anything.

    --Sam
    Didn't you ever go to school? The contract is extended just before summer - no account of teaching summer school so how does this work?

  10. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,367
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Warren Claimed She Lost Teaching Job for Being ‘Visibly Pregnant’ — Many Reports Show That Might Not Be True

    Both Megan Day of the far-left Jacobin and National Review contributor Jeryl Bier pointed to an interview from 2007 as evidence that Warren’s story may not be true.

    They highlighted that Warren participated in a series of interviews in 2007 done at the University of California at Berkley where the senator noted that she didn’t return to her special education job because she wasn’t properly certified.

    Warren had been working on an “emergency certificate” because she had not yet completed the full coursework to be a teacher when she was hired. She claimed she didn’t return to the job because she did not want to hassle with the paperwork.
    “I was married at nineteen and graduated from college after I’d married, and my first year post-graduation I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an ’emergency certificate,’ it was called. I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’ I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years, and I was really casting about, thinking, ‘What am I going to do?’ My husband’s view of it was, ‘Stay home. We have children, we’ll have more children, you’ll love this.’ And I was very restless about it.'"


    If you only look at what Warren says she said, as Sam seems to accept, there might be little or no conflict.

    If you look at what she is actually recorded as having said, there's a problem on the planet.

    No, that statement does not demonstrate a conflict. It certainly has a lapse but that doesn't demonstrate a contradiction. We know, from records linked here, that Warren was renewed for teaching in Spring 1971. To claim that her remarks above show a contradiction, you'd have to be arguing that her 2007 comments didn't include that historical record.

    --Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  11. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,367
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post

    You can read the whole quote here, showing just how mendacious that ellipses is:

    I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an ’emergency certificate,’ it was called. I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, ‘I don’t think this is going to work out for me.’


    Warren clearly was saying that education as a career wasn't going to "work out" and she went to law school instead.

    Come on, man. Try!

    --Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"


  12. #30
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, that statement does not demonstrate a conflict. It certainly has a lapse but that doesn't demonstrate a contradiction. We know, from records linked here, that Warren was renewed for teaching in Spring 1971. To claim that her remarks above show a contradiction, you'd have to be arguing that her 2007 comments didn't include that historical record.

    --Sam
    Let Warren be true and everybody else a liar.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •