Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya know, if you'd mind your own business, maybe the waters wouldn't be so muddled and those of us who are trying to speak to each other wouldn't get derailed with your incessant meddling.
    Well, I was pointing out there was a certain theme that you have consistently refused to adress. You did so in this post as well by cutting out most of what I wrote and then attacking my person instead. Somehow that was more important than what I pointed to in Ox's post:

[...]forced separations of families, sometimes the complete loss of records or information about how to reunite children with their parents. You know about people who are under threat of death but the excessive and poorly thought out policies of this administration actually block them from seeking asylum. And you know about the attempt to get rid of medical visas where children here for life sustaining medical treatment were told they had to leave in spite of the fact they'd likely die.
    By doing so you have shown, once again, that there are certain parts of Trump's policies that you simply refuse to adress. And when others adress them you start to create a lot of noise, trying to change focus. It seems to me that the waters are muddled because some of you always need to find new reasons to not adress the points that are made.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Well, I was pointing out ...
      Thank you, Charles.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thank you, Charles.
        Thank you for proving my point once again.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Thank you for proving my point once again.
          You bet.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, Jim - I have been treating you as a friend - you have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

Have I been making snide nasty comments to you, Jim?

I have been treating you as a friend, Jim, if - for nothing else - for old times' sake. You, on the other hand, have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

In my opinion, that would be a good place to start - as long as you're in "I'm fighting all my enemies" mode, you're going to see insult where there is none intended at all.
            When I perceived your comments as friendly, I responded in kind. But, I was not aware of a conscious effort on your part to adjust the overall interaction level to a positive one, and without knowing such an attempt was being made, I would not have sufficient cause to be able to know to look for a better reason for an apparently hostile post.

There is a physical reality of the mind one must take into account here. It takes 10 instances of a good deed to counter the perception induced by one bad deed absent any other information than the behavior itself.

So it is unrealistic to expect people to perceive a change on behavior alone except over a consistent and extended period of time. And that is true for any and all of us.

So in hindsight I can see it, and I was beginning to notice it on it's own when you posted what I saw as a sarcastic response.

So again, if we keep trying, especially now knowing there is an effort being made, it should get better over time.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              When I perceived your comments as friendly, I responded in kind. But, I was not aware of a conscious effort on your part to adjust the overall interaction level to a positive one, and without knowing such an attempt was being made, I would not have sufficient cause to be able to know to look for a better reason for an apparently hostile post.

There is a physical reality of the mind one must take into account here. It takes 10 instances of a good deed to counter the perception induced by one bad deed absent any other information than the behavior itself.

So it is unrealistic to expect people to perceive a change on behavior alone except over a consistent and extended period of time. And that is true for any and all of us.

So in hindsight I can see it, and I was beginning to notice it on it's own when you posted what I saw as a sarcastic response.

So again, if we keep trying, especially now knowing there is an effort being made, it should get better over time.

Jim
              I will continue to treat you like a friend, Jim.
              But I'll also try to be much more careful how I say things to you.

Comment