Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He's like the creepy little guy in the bar who whispers "did you hear what he said about your mum*"?

*Where did THAT come from, you might ask. My wife is watching a British based baking show.
    Speaking of the Brits, back in the day they called that sort of bloke a "mixer." In an old B&W Beatles movie that's what Paul or John's uncle was supposed to be -- getting the group's agent and manager to squabble after he told one of them that the other is taller than he is -- on purpose.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Speaking of the Brits, back in the day they called that sort of bloke a "mixer." In an old B&W Beatles movie that's what Paul or John's uncle was supposed to be -- getting the group's agent and manager to squabble after he told one of them that the other is taller than he is -- on purpose.
    I'm thinking we wouldn't have near the hostility between posters if Charles would just shut his yap and stop trying to .... ( better word for Nanny ) ..... mediate?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't get wrankled about such things, Sam.

I just didn't feel like arguing, Sam - I don't believe you will ever change your mind once you've made it up, so it's a waste of both of our time to keep at it.

And, I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have been WAY more cordial to JimL, was TRYING to be polite and respectful to Ox.

I have noticed and I should have mentioned that. Sincerely, thank you -- I know it's difficult for all of us, especially online and dealing with multiple people at once.

I mean it when I hope you have a great weekend,

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have noticed and I should have mentioned that. Sincerely, thank you -- I know it's difficult for all of us, especially online and dealing with multiple people at once.

I mean it when I hope you have a great weekend,

--Sam
    Me, too, Sam.

And every time I think of the name "Sam" on this board, I can't help but think of Ralph...

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, Jim - I have been treating you as a friend - you have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

Have I been making snide nasty comments to you, Jim?

I have been treating you as a friend, Jim, if - for nothing else - for old times' sake. You, on the other hand, have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

In my opinion, that would be a good place to start - as long as you're in "I'm fighting all my enemies" mode, you're going to see insult where there is none intended at all.
    It takes two cp. Things have been good, but it looked to me like you had reverted. I've admitted my mistake, but I can only work on my end of it.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ya know, if you'd mind your own business, maybe the waters wouldn't be so muddled and those of us who are trying to speak to each other wouldn't get derailed with your incessant meddling.
    Well, I was pointing out there was a certain theme that you have consistently refused to adress. You did so in this post as well by cutting out most of what I wrote and then attacking my person instead. Somehow that was more important than what I pointed to in Ox's post:

[...]forced separations of families, sometimes the complete loss of records or information about how to reunite children with their parents. You know about people who are under threat of death but the excessive and poorly thought out policies of this administration actually block them from seeking asylum. And you know about the attempt to get rid of medical visas where children here for life sustaining medical treatment were told they had to leave in spite of the fact they'd likely die.
    By doing so you have shown, once again, that there are certain parts of Trump's policies that you simply refuse to adress. And when others adress them you start to create a lot of noise, trying to change focus. It seems to me that the waters are muddled because some of you always need to find new reasons to not adress the points that are made.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Well, I was pointing out ...
    Thank you, Charles.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thank you, Charles.
    Thank you for proving my point once again.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Thank you for proving my point once again.
    You bet.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, Jim - I have been treating you as a friend - you have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

Have I been making snide nasty comments to you, Jim?

I have been treating you as a friend, Jim, if - for nothing else - for old times' sake. You, on the other hand, have been lumping me in with your supposed enemies.

In my opinion, that would be a good place to start - as long as you're in "I'm fighting all my enemies" mode, you're going to see insult where there is none intended at all.
    When I perceived your comments as friendly, I responded in kind. But, I was not aware of a conscious effort on your part to adjust the overall interaction level to a positive one, and without knowing such an attempt was being made, I would not have sufficient cause to be able to know to look for a better reason for an apparently hostile post.

There is a physical reality of the mind one must take into account here. It takes 10 instances of a good deed to counter the perception induced by one bad deed absent any other information than the behavior itself.

So it is unrealistic to expect people to perceive a change on behavior alone except over a consistent and extended period of time. And that is true for any and all of us.

So in hindsight I can see it, and I was beginning to notice it on it's own when you posted what I saw as a sarcastic response.

So again, if we keep trying, especially now knowing there is an effort being made, it should get better over time.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"