Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think he meant "woman", as in Warren.
    In that case, I'm not sure what makes him think I hate Warren.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I think he got a little overzealous.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        How about you give Warren 1/1000th as many bites of the apple as you give Trump.
        Gave the SP two YEARS to prove Russiagate - nah, calling a spade a spade now.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What makes you think I hate women?
          well, that explains a lot. (can you really not figure out that by using the definite article 'the', women was supposed to be singular 'woman' - as in your hatred for Warren)

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-09-2019, 04:45 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What then makes you think I hate Trump?

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              What then makes you think I hate Trump?

Jim
              That you consistently refuse to ever interpret anything he says in the most charitable way you can; that you are ready to believe every negative report about him. 'Hate' might be too strong a word. But you are clearly biased against him.

(Which doesn't make Trump good, or correct, or a great President etc etc. It just makes you not a credible source of information or opinion about him.)
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Imagine this thread with 'Warren' changed to 'Trump', but all the background etc the same. All the posters who are presently defending 'Warren' and interpreting her statements in the most charitable way possible would be slamming 'Trump' - 'He's lied in the past, we know he's a liar', and the posters who are currently slamming 'Warren' would now be defending 'Trump'.

Hmmm....

**Think I'm wrong? Cite where you have defended Trump against an accusation AND where you have also defended Hilary / Warren / Biden / Sanders / Obama against an accusation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Gave the SP two YEARS to prove Russiagate - nah, calling a spade a spade now.
                  And he did provide strong evidence of it, but your bias just won't allow you to see it, or admit to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    Imagine this thread with 'Warren' changed to 'Trump', but all the background etc the same. All the posters who are presently defending 'Warren' and interpreting her statements in the most charitable way possible would be slamming 'Trump' - 'He's lied in the past, we know he's a liar', and the posters who are currently slamming 'Warren' would now be defending 'Trump'.

Hmmm....

**Think I'm wrong? Cite where you have defended Trump against an accusation AND where you have also defended Hilary / Warren / Biden / Sanders / Obama against an accusation.

I'm sorry but this is just flattening out two very unequal things. Trump lies repeatedly, constantly even, about just about anything one can imagine, small (poll numbers) and large (no business dealings with Russia). I honestly can't remember a time where Trump told a consistent story and people jumped on him with accusations of lying -- we have so many more concrete examples of deception, we're kinda overwhelmed here already.

It's just not true that you can take everybody here and imagine that if the names or parties were swapped, so would the opinions. Some things are true, some things are false, and some people actually do work to sort them out.

--Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      And he did provide strong evidence of it, but your bias just won't allow you to see it, or admit to it.
                      No, he didn't - and you know it.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        That you consistently refuse to ever interpret anything he says in the most charitable way you can; that you are ready to believe every negative report about him. 'Hate' might be too strong a word. But you are clearly biased against him.

(Which doesn't make Trump good, or correct, or a great President etc etc. It just makes you not a credible source of information or opinion about him.)
                        Do you have anything to say about the subject of the OP?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Right, the evidence for Russian collusion was so strong that Democrats have abandoned that narrative and moved on to trying to impeach Trump for an innocuous phonecall with the president of Ukraine.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Right, the evidence for Russian collusion was so strong that Democrats have abandoned that narrative and moved on to trying to impeach Trump for an innocuous phonecall with the president of Ukraine.
                            Today in the NYT

Source: nyt

Though President Trump continues to dismiss the idea that Russia tried to help his candidacy with its meddling, the panel's report reinforces previous conclusions by the intelligence community about Russian operations in 2016 — including that they were designed to harm Hillary Clinton's chances of success while boosting Mr. Trump's.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              I'm sorry but this is just flattening out two very unequal things. Trump lies repeatedly, constantly even, about just about anything one can imagine, small (poll numbers) and large (no business dealings with Russia). I honestly can't remember a time where Trump told a consistent story and people jumped on him with accusations of lying -- we have so many more concrete examples of deception, we're kinda overwhelmed here already.

It's just not true that you can take everybody here and imagine that if the names or parties were swapped, so would the opinions. Some things are true, some things are false, and some people actually do work to sort them out.

--Sam
                              You're proving my point. Thanks.

I don't see you as being anywhere near as objective as you think you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Do you have anything to say about the subject of the OP?
                                She's a politician, she's probably lying or at least distorting the truth in her favour.

Comment