Page 94 of 284 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah and it is entirely based on hearsay. Not a bit of evidence is provided. Just what someone else said that Trump did, and which both Trump and the Ukraine president denied and the transcript of the phone call refutes.

This is just for show. They know it can't pass the Senate without any evidence.
    This is just wrong Sparko. Just partly line spin that has no relation to fact.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sorry - doesn't fly. That the President abused his power of office and obstructed Congress in the process is clear from the evidence and testimony resented. What you should be concerned about is what it means that a large portion of the senate and congress are willing to overlook that evidence on party lines. That is the real danger to this country and its people. It sets the stage for far worse than Trump if not dealt with.
    List of actual crimes committed, that the House listed actually happened and have evidence that they happened:

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I did not mean to add an "Amen" to your post. My intent was to report you for a false accusation of lying.
    This is what's known, in Tweb circles, as "doing a CP".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen Mountain Man, Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The failure to reference a single law or US code that Trump is supposed to have violated is a glaring omission.
    The "Obstruction of Congress" is a crock.

Congress is only 1/3 of the branches of government. If one co-equal branch (the Executive) appeals to another co-equal branch (The Judiciary) as to whether or not to comply with another branch (the Legislative - and a very partisan sector, at that, and only HALF of the two houses of Congress) it's absolutely nutty to call it "obstruction of Congress".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

6. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It looks like that's what they've settled on, two vague and amorphous terms that don't describe any actual crimes. In fact, Democrats are claiming that "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress" can refer to perfectly legal acts that are done with the "wrong" motives.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-impeachment/

This thing is turning into a bigger farce than I think anybody could have predicted.

It's like the whole purpose was to see if Pelosi could railroad dozens of members of her party into committing political suicide...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

It's like the whole purpose was to see if Pelosi could railroad dozens of members of her party into committing political suicide...
    Hmm. Maybe it is all a Trump Scheme™

9. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That the President abused his power of office and obstructed Congress in the process is clear from the evidence and testimony resented.
    What's the actual crime? What's the US code? If you're going to call for the impeachment of the President of the United States, then you better be able to name the actual law that was broken, and have irrefutable evidence that he broke it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What's the actual crime? What's the US code? If you're going to call for the impeachment of the President of the United States, then you better be able to name the actual law that was broken, and have irrefutable evidence that he broke it.
    Well they dropped the bribery and extortion thing...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well they dropped the bribery and extortion thing...
    Think of the arrogance of this....

The House of Representatives is only ONE PART of Congress.
    Congress is only ONE PART of the THREE branches of government.
    A very partisan committee of that ONE PART of Congress is charging one of the THREE BRANCHES of government with obstructing their little band of partisans....

HEY, LOOK.... Shifty Schiff has come out of hiding to try to justify his little band of partisans' nutty impeachment charges!!!!

13. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It looks like that's what they've settled on, two vague and amorphous terms that don't describe any actual crimes. In fact, Democrats are claiming that "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress" can refer to perfectly legal acts that are done with the "wrong" motives.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-impeachment/

This thing is turning into a bigger farce than I think anybody could have predicted.
    It all started falling apart when Trump released the transcript of the call -- something they were sure he would never do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.