Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Impeachment isn't limited to the president.
    That's quite obvious, and I never said otherwise.

There have been a number of impeachments, mostly of judges but also at least one senator.
    ONLY one senator, and that was William Blount in 1797. Since then, it's been pretty well established that the House and Senate have the power to expel only their own members, and not by impeachment.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Coup attempt? So funny. So Congressional oversight is now seen by the naive, easily led right as a coup attempt.
      Right. Seems the separation of powers means the president is king and the system of checks and balances is an accounting term to these clowns.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Right. Seems the separation of powers means the president is king and the system of checks and balances is an accounting term to these clowns.
        Clowns, Jim?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good, we don't need unprincipled politicians in the democratic party. He's all yours.
          You don't have anything else.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, because those upholders of the Constitution and the rule of law need to be taken to task for their principled stances.
            Underhanded attempts to oust an elected president are the exact opposite. Support the traitors if you believe that nonsense but don't kid yourself by pretending that the Democrats are less evil than they are.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Coup attempt? So funny. So Congressional oversight is now seen by the naive, easily led right as a coup attempt.
              Never said the Democrats were competent traitors.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                That's quite obvious, and I never said otherwise.

ONLY one senator, and that was William Blount in 1797. Since then, it's been pretty well established that the House and Senate have the power to expel only their own members, and not by impeachment.
                One is all it takes. I want to say impeachment proceedings have been brought on other reps but I won't swear to it. I'll research it later.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Clowns, Jim?
                  I should have been clearer the specific clowns I was refering to : the current GOP members in washington.

But the term applies equally well to the low life goings on in the Greta Thunberg thread.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-14-2019, 10:25 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Okay I fully agree that this is a ridiculous dodge for an elected representative but the fact is that it's both. We elect expecting the representative to try to keep their platform and promises. But we also expect them to use their own judgment on the multitude of issues that make little or no noise in the press.

It's none of your business is never the right answer to a constituent asking about an issue that the representative is going to be voting on.
                    Thanks. I was going to make this point earlier, but had to attend to other matters.

We elect them based on their promises and our hopes that they have the character to honestly try to keep them, and we trust that apart from those promises, they will use their best judgment in doing what is best for their constituents. We expect them to listen to and consider the wishes of their constituents between elections, but ultimately to have the guts to do what's best for them, not necessarily what they want -- and then to accept the possible consequence of losing the next election.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Democrat from Minnesota, Rep. Collin Peterson is another no vote for impeachment, and he says he expects at least five other Democrats to join him. He says he's not convinced that Trump committed a crime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eaching-trump/
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I'd say that any plans he had to continue rising through the Democratic Leadership just suffered a severe body blow
                        He can always try to get a job filling in for Tom Shillue when Tom's taking a week off.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Democrat Representative from New Jersey Jeff Van Drew say will be voting against impeachment.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...r-impeachment/

Edit: Actually, he's planning to switch parties!
                          Hopefully he'll wait 'til after the vote, so that opposition to it can be more bipartisan.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I should have been clearer the specific clowns I was refering to : the current GOP members in washington.

But the term applies equally well to the low life goings on in the Greta Thunberg thread.
                            Indeed! These "low-life goings on" are the level to which the GOP and its supporters here have been reduced.

A 16 yo girl with Asperger's Syndrome is heartlessly mocked for expressing her concern re global warming - merely echoing that of the vast majority of the scientific community. And, the trial in the Senate of a 'soon to be' impeached president is treated as a forgone conclusion by the very people conducting the trial. The very person under investigation is himself running the show with the stated active support of Mitch McConnell "taking his cues from Trump". With Lindsey Graham and the rest of the Senate not even pretending to be fair jurors.

So much for the much vaunted Constitutional checks and balances of the three branches of government.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Democrat from Minnesota, Rep. Collin Peterson is another no vote for impeachment, and he says he expects at least five other Democrats to join him. He says he's not convinced that Trump committed a crime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eaching-trump/
                              Well, naturally, then, he - and those others - are unprincipled hacks who don't deserve to wear the name "Democrat".

Comment

Your anti-Christian bigot colleagues are very proud of you.

Personally, I never heard of Greta before last week.

Comment