Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
    Does this count? WaPo
    That's not direct evidence of a crime, that's a non-binding opinion of one committee of Congress. And incidentally, that same committee had found that the Obama administration had broken the law at least 7 different times.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-federal-law/

In fact, it's quite typical for the GAO to form the opinion that a president has violated one law or another, but unless it's brought before a judge who upholds the opinion, it really doesn't mean anything.

Sam started a thread about it here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...nt-Control-Act
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• gv011720dAPR20200116084527.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        That's not direct evidence of a crime, that's a non-binding opinion of one committee of Congress. And incidentally, that same committee had found that the Obama administration had broken the law at least 7 different times.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-federal-law/

In fact, it's quite typical for the GAO to form the opinion that a president has violated one law or another, but unless it's brought before a judge who upholds the opinion, it really doesn't mean anything.

Sam started a thread about it here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...nt-Control-Act
        That is just the tip of the iceberg, as we know. That sort of thing is followed by investigations or cover-ups. Trump is a cover-upper. The Senate are his co-conspirators. Eventually they will be undone by the truth, and God will march them off to Hell.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by diryfloor View Post
          That is just the tip of the iceberg...
          You guys have been saying that since before Trump was even inaugurated, and those iceberg tips keep melting away to nothing faster than you can say, "Iceberg! Right ahead!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Men View Post
            You guys have been saying that since before Trump was even inaugurated, and those iceberg tips keep melting away to nothing faster than you can say, "Iceberg! Right ahead!"
            Would you agree that if we end up getting witnesses and documents in the trial that there is something there? At least 4 республиканец senators would have to be persuaded for that to occur.

Comment

Only in your head, MM, only in your head.

Comment

You must by now have heard about the Ukraine “drug deal”, surely? That’s the iceberg. All the bad guys were involved; Barr, Pompeo, Pence, etc. It will make a block-buster movie.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  Would you agree that if we end up getting witnesses and documents in the trial that there is something there? At least 4 республиканец senators would have to be persuaded for that to occur.
                  It depends on what those witnesses and documents say. Just a day or two ago, you guys were hyperventilating about Parnas only to slowly realize that you were being served another nothing burger.

And I think that's how this is going to keep playing out. Democrats will present one "bombshell" after another that kinda sorta maybe hints that Trump might have possibly done something (or not), and each one will fizzle out like a cheap sparkler at a child's birthday party until the Senate finally says, "Enough!" and votes to acquit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    You must by now have heard about the Ukraine “drug deal”, surely?
                    That's apparently how Bolton described it, and he's welcome to his opinion, but it doesn't prove a crime.

Comment

It depends on what those witnesses and documents say. Just a day or two ago, you guys were hyperventilating about Parnas only to slowly realize that you were being served another nothing burger.
                      Let me be more clear. If four республиканец cross over and vote for witnesses and documents they would only do it because some of what they've seen raises enough questions to warrant it, right? Would that be enough to convince you that there is at least *something* there? I'm asking about your opinion on their opinion, not about the actual evidence.

And I think that's how this is going to keep playing out. Democrats will present one "bombshell" after another that kinda sorta maybe hints that Trump might have possibly done something (or not), and each one will fizzle out like a cheap sparkler at a child's birthday party until the Senate finally says, "Enough!" and votes to acquit.
                      Then vote in my poll and put your opinion on record! :)

Comment

Let me be more clear. If four республиканец cross over and vote for witnesses and documents they would only do it because some of what they've seen raises enough questions to warrant it, right? Would that be enough to convince you that there is at least *something* there? I'm asking about your opinion on their opinion, not about the actual evidence.
                        I don't know what "республиканец" means.

Anyway, there are a range of reasons someone might vote to continue the trial, from personal vindictiveness to political to a rational analysis of the facts. The only way I will be convinced that there's something there is if the evidence shows there is, in fact, something there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilly Hobbit View Post
                          I don't know what "республиканец" means.
                          Take a wild guess.

Anyway, there are a range of reasons someone might vote to continue the trial, from personal vindictiveness to political to a rational analysis of the facts. The only way I will be convinced that there's something there is if the evidence shows there is, in fact, something there.
                          Yet you've never gone on record as to what that might be short of a signed confession from Trump admitting to doing criming. And even if Republican senators confirm that there's a "there" there you won't be convinced that there is even a scintilla of evidence! Don't you *want* to follow the truth *wherever* it leads? I do!

Comment

Take a wild guess.
                            I have no idea, and frankly, I don't care enough to look it up with a translator.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Yet you've never gone on record as to what that might be short of a signed confession from Trump admitting to doing criming. And even if Republican senators confirm that there's a "there" there you won't be convinced that there is even a scintilla of evidence! Don't you *want* to follow the truth *wherever* it leads? I do! !
                            I am following the evidence where it leads. You're asking me to idly speculate about evidence that has not been presented and may never be presented. I consider that waste of mental energy.

Comment

• MM, what evidence short of Trump admitting "Yes, I did criming" would convince you? Ask me what would convince me of X/Y/Z and I can probably give you some sort of answer. Why won't you answer that question?

Comment

Then vote in my poll and put your opinion on record! :)
                                Is that... Russian? Hmm. I think Imma have to report you to Rachel Maddow.

Comment