Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Your anti-Christian bigot colleagues are very proud of you.

Personally, I never heard of Greta before last week.
    They don't need me to know what's being done is wrong.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Democrat from Minnesota, Rep. Collin Peterson is another no vote for impeachment, and he says he expects at least five other Democrats to join him. He says he's not convinced that Trump committed a crime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eaching-trump/
      The only thing he's not convinced of is that if he votes to impeach his red district will re-elect him. A profile in courage he isn't.

Comment

• Nutty Nadler makes a curious statement:

"Impeachment is not a punishment for past behavior."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...past-behavior/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nutty Nadler makes a curious statement:

"Impeachment is not a punishment for past behavior."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...past-behavior/
          Impeachment isn't about punishment, it's about upholding and protecting the Constitution against foriegn and domestic enemies. Trump has proven himself to be an enemy to the Constitution and needs to be rooted out.

Comment

• Alan Dershowitz points out that the second article of impeachment -- "obstruction of Congress" -- is DOA:

Dershowitz: Look, the most important development happened today. The Supreme Court of the United States absolutely pulled the rug out of part two of the impeachment referral by granting certiorari, by granting review in a case where Trump challenged a congressional subpoena, and the Supreme Court said, we are going to hear this case.

Hannity: All three cases, by the way.

Dershowitz: One of them is a state case — but think of what that message is. It’s “Trump was right.” you don’t have to comply with a subpoena of Congress unless the court tells you you have to comply. we don’t know how the court is going to come out, but they made it clear that is a viable issue. So that charge, that ground of impeachment should be immediately removed by the House and not sent to the Senate. There is nothing to it anymore after the Supreme Court today said they were going to review on an issue when the president challenges the subpoena power of Congress. All done, it’s over!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-impeachment/

Comment

Alan Dershowitz points out that the second article of impeachment -- "obstruction of Congress" -- is DOA:
              If obstruction of Congress is impeachable why didn't the Republicans impeach Obama over Fast and Furious. Where people actually died?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Alan Dershowitz points out that the second article of impeachment -- "obstruction of Congress" -- is DOA:

Dershowitz: Look, the most important development happened today. The Supreme Court of the United States absolutely pulled the rug out of part two of the impeachment referral by granting certiorari, by granting review in a case where Trump challenged a congressional subpoena, and the Supreme Court said, we are going to hear this case.

Dershowitz: One of them is a state case — but think of what that message is. It’s “Trump was right.” you don’t have to comply with a subpoena of Congress unless the court tells you you have to comply. we don’t know how the court is going to come out, but they made it clear that is a viable issue. So that charge, that ground of impeachment should be immediately removed by the House and not sent to the Senate. There is nothing to it anymore after the Supreme Court today said they were going to review on an issue when the president challenges the subpoena power of Congress. All done, it’s over!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That's one way to spin it. The other is that since there is no real legal precedent, them taking up the case allows there to be legal precedent. Once done, the decision will forever either allow presidents do as trump has done, or it will forever pull the rug out from under such attempts.

We can only hope it is the latter. otherwise we are one step closer to the Trump and Barr preferred "President as King" and "the president is above the law" - which is contrary to everything the founding fathers intended.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-15-2019, 11:28 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    That's one way to spin it. The other is that since there is no real legal precedent, them taking up the case allows there to be legal precedent. Once done, the decision will forever either allow presidents do as trump has done, or it will forever pull the rug out from under such attempts.

We can only hope it is the latter. otherwise we are one step closer to the Trump and Barr preferred "President as King" and "the president is above the law" - which is contrary to everything the founding fathers intended.
                    Talk about spin. Did you really not understand the point Dershowitz is making? It's the same point Turley made during his testimony:

"If you impeach a president, if you make a ‘high crime and misdemeanor’ out of going to the courts, it is an abuse of power. It’s your abuse of power. You’re doing precisely what you’re criticizing the president for doing. We have a third branch that deals with conflicts of the other two branches."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      The only thing he's not convinced of is that if he votes to impeach his red district will re-elect him. A profile in courage he isn't.
                      Which proves, once again, this whole thing is about politics.

You keep saying it's not, then repeatedly unwittingly make the case that it is.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Which proves, once again, this whole thing is about politics.

You keep saying it's not, then repeatedly unwittingly make the case that it is.
                        Of course his point could be turned around on him to suggest that the Democrats who support impeachment are only doing so because they think it will help their reelection chances. And after all, they were the ones using focus groups to try to figure out what to charge Trump with.

Comment

That's one way to spin it. The other is that since there is no real legal precedent, them taking up the case allows there to be legal precedent.
                          That does not help the obstruction case. What you are arguing is that it is unsettled law which therefore means that Trump couldn't be obstructing until it is decided by the courts that he must comply to the subpoenas (if that's the way they end up ruling).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Talk about spin. Did you really not understand the point Dershowitz is making? It's the same point Turley made during his testimony:

"If you impeach a president, if you make a ‘high crime and misdemeanor’ out of going to the courts, it is an abuse of power. It’s your abuse of power. You’re doing precisely what you’re criticizing the president for doing. We have a third branch that deals with conflicts of the other two branches."
                            So when Nadler proclaims that he has "sole power" he is in effect attempting a power grab. He's trying to seize what is rightfully the domain of the courts and claim it for himself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course his point could be turned around on him to suggest that the Democrats who support impeachment are only doing so because they think it will help their reelection chances. And after all, they were the ones using focus groups to try to figure out what to charge Trump with.
                              If they keep it up, they'll be able to use their focus groups to figure out how to impeach Trump again during his second term.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim I asked this a number of times and no one from your side has answered: If obstruction of Congress is impeachable should Obama have been impeached for obstructing congress during fast and furious?
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment