Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    But the prosecutor wasn't doing any investigating, so that makes it okay!
    I guess threatening to withhold money to stop an investigation is OK, but asking to start an investigation is not.

Comment

But the prosecutor wasn't doing any investigating, so that makes it okay!
      That's the story anyway, but Ukraine state records show that he was actively and aggressively investigating Burisma.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        FLASHBACK, 2018: Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine To Force Firing Of Prosecutor

Biden: So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him.

(Laughter.)

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...31358_c_kNvIES

He got a crooked Ukrainian company to give his son a job doing nothing, then had the gall to blackmail them into firing the prosecutor who was investigating it!
        Let's not forget that back in the 90s we entered into a treaty with the Ukraine (the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters), when Bill Clinton was president, which calls for the exchange of evidence and information in criminal and related matters. The fact that Biden might decide to run for president (he wasn't exactly dropping a bunch of hints that he would during the time) doesn't make him immune from investigation. If it did then the entire collusion delusion fiasco that the left concocted about Trump couldn't have been investigated.
        Last edited by rogue06; 12-04-2019, 02:11 PM. Reason: Omitted "90s"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's a rather ...optimistic view of the Schiff show.
          Indeed. "staid and productive fact-finding work" would probably not be how most would describe it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

FLASHBACK, 2018: Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine To Force Firing Of Prosecutor

Biden: So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him.

(Laughter.)

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.

He got a crooked Ukrainian company to give his son a job doing nothing, then had the gall to blackmail them into firing the prosecutor who was investigating it!
            That sounds like one of them thar Squid Croquet things, if you ask me!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              That sounds like one of them thar Squid Croquet things, if you ask me!
              Squid Pro Toe?

Comment

(Laughter.)

You are playing the (very popular with Russkie loving Repubs) Russian disinformation game. We know what the Repub agenda is - the destruction of the Administrative State. It seems to be working with strong support from Trump, Putin, Barr, McConnell, Pompeo, etc.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  You are playing the (very popular with Russkie loving Repubs) Russian disinformation game. We know what the Repub agenda is - the destruction of the Administrative State. It seems to be working with strong support from Trump, Putin, Barr, McConnell, Pompeo, etc.
                  What the heck are you even going on about? I did not mention Russia. I gave you a link to the actual video of Biden admitting his crime on camera, as I initially mentioned. I guess you have no actual response do now you just feel like trolling?

Comment

What the heck are you even going on about? I did not mention Russia. I gave you a link to the actual video of Biden admitting his crime on camera, as I initially mentioned. I guess you have no actual response do now you just feel like trolling?
                    You are wrong. The only criminal in this story is Trump. And you definitely are, probably unwittingly, repeating Russian disinformation. You need to do some reading to catch up.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

You are wrong. The only criminal in this story is Trump. And you definitely are, probably unwittingly, repeating Russian disinformation. You need to do some reading to catch up.
                      Denying video evidence.

Typical.

Comment

Denying video evidence.

Typical.
                        It's one of those Ruskie deepfakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          It's one of those Ruskie deepfakes.

Must be. Biden would never make such a gaffe in public as to admitting to blackmailing a foreign country to protect his son.

Comment

(Laughter.)

Kid pro quo for quid pro Joe?

Comment

Denying video evidence.

Typical.
                              No, I mean that you do not understand the context. You can easily read up on it if you want. Shokin was a corrupt prosecutor who took bribes from crooks.

Comment

No, I mean that you do not understand the context. You can easily read up on it if you want. Shokin was a corrupt prosecutor who took bribes from crooks.
                                ...which means Biden's quid pro quo was TOTally justified.

I love the way you troll.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment