Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Er, no. The Court has decided limited issues between the branches before so it's not as straightforward as you are arguing.

But more to the point if the president can abuse his power then it follows that all branches are capable of abuse of power. A partisan effort to remove a duly elected president without significant cause surely is an abuse of the power of impeachment.

The House Democrats may not be legally held to the highest standards of the law but falling short of them is political suicide. We Americans take the rights and protections granted by the Constitution very seriously. We expect much more of our representatives than a partisan hack job.
    More importantly, because this is ALL POLITICAL, public support for impeachment is evaporating, and vulnerable Democrats are looking to jump ship.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Promise you won't electroshock me into being a pinko commie liberal leftist?
      Perish the thought! I think we are slightly left of where you are now, but mostly by historical circumstances, rather than natural inclination. Look at what the British Empire once was.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

More importantly, because this is ALL POLITICAL, public support for impeachment is evaporating, and vulnerable Democrats are looking to jump ship.
        Yeppers, but he wasn't addressing that. RTT questioned the legality and he had answered that.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Do you talk funny? Do you were a skirt?
          Farmers, builders and fishermen talk funny. Not long ago the BBC showed a documentary series about fishing boats and their crews out of Peterhead. The films had sub-titles. It takes a while to get your ear in.

Lots of people wear kilts for special occasions but not commonly otherwise.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

So, you're worried that McConnell might treat the Dems like they treated the Repubs. How dastardly!
            It would be a direct verdict on the merits of the case brought before them.

It should be noted that Trump has expressed interest in a long drawn out trial with Eric Ciaramella, Adam Schiff and Hunter Biden (possibly Joe as well) being called to testify.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Farmers, builders and fishermen talk funny. Not long ago the BBC showed a documentary series about fishing boats and their crews out of Peterhead. The films had sub-titles. It takes a while to get your ear in.

Lots of people wear kilts for special occasions but not commonly otherwise.
              For some reason, on one of my favorite shows, Forged in Fire, the blacksmiths frequently wear kilts.

And my Dad actually served in your neck of the woods during WWII.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

It should be noted that Trump has expressed interest in a long drawn out trial with Eric Ciaramella, Adam Schiff and Hunter Biden (possibly Joe as well) being called to testify.
                I would LOVE to see shifty Schiff under oath.

Comment

Do you talk funny? Do you were a skirt?
                  We all talk funny to somebody.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    We all talk funny to somebody.
                    No, everybody ELSE talks funny.

Comment

• I talk funny and wear skirts.

Wanna make something of it?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Joe Biden says he will refuse to honor any subpoena from the Senate. Hopefully his lawyer will explain to him that subpoenas from a Senate trial are real subpoenas and not the legally impotent demand letters that the House sent out, and that he doesn't enjoy the protections of executive privilege like the President.

Comment

Joe Biden says he will refuse to honor any subpoena from the Senate. Hopefully his lawyer will explain to him that subpoenas from a Senate trial are real subpoenas and not the legally impotent demand letters that the House sent out, and that he doesn't enjoy the protections of executive privilege like the President.
                          He's a private citizen - he has no pivilege of that sort at all.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

For some reason, on one of my favorite shows, Forged in Fire, the blacksmiths frequently wear kilts.
                            Love that show! I only ever watch it when I travel because I don't have cable at home, but I can usually find a marathon of it on a hotel room TV.

Another tip I learned while traveling: there's always an episode of Law & Order on somewhere. Between the original and all of its spin offs, there's over 1000 episodes in syndication. You could watch 3 episodes a day every day for a year and never have a repeat!

Comment

• Looks like a swing of about 10% from Labour to Conservative. Brexit now assured.

Comment

Love that show! I only ever watch it when I travel because I don't have cable at home, but I can usually find a marathon of it on a hotel room TV.

Another tip I learned while traveling: there's always an episode of Law & Order on somewhere. Between the original and all of its spin offs, there's over 1000 episodes in syndication. You could watch 3 episodes a day every day for a year and never have a repeat!
                                We sent to Pigeon Forge this year for the National Quartet Convention. Little did we know that there was a Forged in Fire event at the same time, and I got to meet (and have my picture with) a number of the winners of the various episodes. It was really neat - and they were ... um... forging in fire!!!

Comment