Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Nadler. The Republicans are cleaning his clock, and he's sitting there looking lost as a goose. He looks like a nursing home patient.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Poor Nadler. The Republicans are cleaning his clock, and he's sitting there looking lost as a goose. He looks like a nursing home patient.
      He was caught on camera with saliva dripping from his mouth, and at one point, one of his colleagues had to prompt him to pound the gavel.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hment-hearing/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        He was caught on camera with saliva dripping from his mouth, and at one point, one of his colleagues had to prompt him to pound the gavel.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hment-hearing/
        It's sad - he looks befuddled.... he's sitting there with his mouth partially open, just kinda blank staring around. I've seen him a couple times start to raise the gavel like he wasn't sure what he was doing.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's sad - he looks befuddled.... he's sitting there with his mouth partially open, just kinda blank staring around. I've seen him a couple times start to raise the gavel like he wasn't sure what he was doing.
          Is Pelosi trying to scuttle the impeachment by putting unfit people in charge like Schiff and Nadler? But then again ol' Nancy doesn't seem particularly mentally sharp these days, so who knows. Is there an unknown puppet master in the House calling the shots? I'm not conspiracy theory minded, I'm just trying to make sense of what's happening. Surely it wasn't the Democrat party's intent to turn this whole thing into a bad joke.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Is Pelosi trying to scuttle the impeachment by putting unfit people in charge like Schiff and Nadler? But then again ol' Nancy doesn't seem particularly mentally sharp these days, so who knows. Is there an unknown puppet master in the House calling the shots? I'm not conspiracy theory minded, I'm just trying to make sense of what's happening. Surely it wasn't the Democrat party's intent to turn this whole thing into a bad joke.
            TDS - it has affected the Democrats and made them crazy.

Comment

I was able to read the whole article on my phone, so I didn't realize it was pay-walled...

Anyway, here's the Breitbart version that references the WaPop article:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eachment-vote/

Bade and DeBonis quote three senior House Democrat officials saying that there will be at least a half dozen Democrats who join with all Republicans to oppose impeaching President Trump, but a third senior Democrat aide told them there would probably be many more than just a half dozen defections.

Bade and DeBonis wrote:
              Lawmakers and senior aides are privately predicting they will lose more than the two Democrats who opposed the impeachment inquiry rules package in late September, according to multiple officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk frankly. Two senior Democratic aides said the total could be as many as a half-dozen, while a third said the number could be higher.

[...]

Predictions about some defections come as a core group of centrists from districts Trump won in 2016 are having second thoughts. While many knew impeachment would never be popular in their GOP-leaning districts, some have been surprised that support hasn’t increased despite negative testimony about Trump from a series of blockbuster hearings last month. Several moderates have privately pined for other options, including a censure vote they know they’re unlikely to get. Others have even considered what one moderate called ‘splitting the baby’: backing one article of impeachment but not the other to try to show independence from the party.
              I though impeachment was supposed to be bipartisan? It is bipartisan for Trump!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It's funny how everyone made a stink about the guy that slowed the video speed down when she's talking to make her sound drunk. Yet she really sounds like that on normal speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  It's funny how everyone made a stink about the guy that slowed the video speed down when she's talking to make her sound drunk. Yet she really sounds like that on normal speed.
                  The senior leadership of the Democrat Party has a bad case of tunnel vision - they can't see anything except "impeach Trump".

Comment

• For those who were looking to the polls for "proof" that Trump should be impeached, it's not looking so good...

It appears that the more the Democrats push, the less enthusiastic the public is.

impeachment moving forward.jpg

Comment

For those who were looking to the polls for "proof" that Trump should be impeached, it's not looking so good...

It appears that the more the Democrats push, the less enthusiastic the public is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41317[/ATTACH]
                      Sad.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Sad.
                        To what do you attribute that, Jim? It seems the harder the Democrats push, the less enthusiastic the public is.

Comment

To what do you attribute that, Jim? It seems the harder the Democrats push, the less enthusiastic the public is.
                          I would probably be better able to articulate what I don't attribute it to: Trump being innocent or otherwise not deserving to be impeached.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            I would probably be better able to articulate what I don't attribute it to: Trump being innocent or otherwise not deserving to be impeached.
                            So, do you think Americans are stupid? I mean, how do you explain that the more this is talked about, the less it is supported.

Do you think, perhaps, the Democrats are just doing a bad job 'selling' it?

(and I don't mean 'selling' as pejorative - but they do seem to think they have a responsibility to convince the American people, and it doesn't seem to be working)

Comment

So, do you think Americans are stupid? I mean, how do you explain that the more this is talked about, the less it is supported.

Do you think, perhaps, the Democrats are just doing a bad job 'selling' it?

(and I don't mean 'selling' as pejorative - but they do seem to think they have a responsibility to convince the American people, and it doesn't seem to be working)
                              I would blame it more on the disinformation that flows on the internet and the fact that disinformation has a strong voice in more conservative circles where many that would initially be appalled at what Trump has done due to its depravity can have their distrust of the MSM and democratic special interest agendas leveraged to lull them back into some sense that this is all somehow unfair and sow enough doubt in their heads that they are again not sure if he 'really' did what he is accused of.

Comment

• So, we have Ted Deutch (D-Fl) whining about Trump defying Congress, and that appealing to the Judiciary is not an option, because Congress has oversight....

Somebody needs to tell that clown - you are NOT "Congress" --- you are the very PARTISAN part (slightly more than half) of ONE COMMITTEE of one HALF of Congress.

Comment