Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The idea is that the Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him, but they're apparently not so scared that they would immediately agree to announce an investigation into Joe Biden. I have yet to see anybody reconcile this discrepancy.
    Simple - two words --- Hate Trump.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Exactly why they should dismiss it. The House has no evidence or actual witnesses to any crime. They have "trumped" up charges, hearsay "evidence" and their witnesses are nothing but people who are spouting their opinions. With no evidence and no witnesses the case is just open and shut. Dismissed.

If a prosecutor tried to do the same at a criminal trial, it would also be dismissed by the court.
      For cryin out loud, the Democrats were reduced to introducing SIX NEWSPAPER EDITORIALS "into the record" to prove it is necessary to get rid of Trump!

Can you imagine trying to pull that kind of stunt in any court in the land?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        For cryin out loud, the Democrats were reduced to introducing SIX NEWSPAPER EDITORIALS "into the record" to prove it is necessary to get rid of Trump!

Can you imagine trying to pull that kind of stunt in any court in the land?
        Yes.

Unfortunately an entire generation is being taught that this is legitimate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And, last night, Nutty Nadler declares a recess without consulting ANY Republicans, including the minority leader, showing what a kangaroo court he's running.

"It is now very late at night," Nadler said shortly before midnight in Washington. "I want the members on both sides of the aisle to think about what has happened over these last two days, and to search their consciences before we cast their final votes. Therefore, the committee will now stand in recess until tomorrow morning at 10 a.m., at which point I will move to divide the question so that each of us may have the opportunity to cast up-or-down votes on each of the articles of impeachment, and let history be our judge."

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Perish the thought! I think we are slightly left of where you are now, but mostly by historical circumstances, rather than natural inclination. Look at what the British Empire once was.
            I am now reading all of your posts with a Scottish accent.

Comment

I am now reading all of your posts with a Scottish accent.
              Like Scotty, on Star Trek? Aye, Captain!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Only idiots *accept* that argument.

The actual argument is that the impeachment is so clearly baseless and unconstitutional that it should be dismissed outright, rather than legitimized in any way. I agree with that. It is NOT the approach Trump desires. He wants to call in a bunch of witnesses, including Joe Bumblin' and the leakblower, and see them thoroughly slapped around. I think his reasoning is manifold, including --

-- He's spiteful, and wants a lot of payback

-- He thinks muddying up Bumblin' and the others during the election season would benefit him in the fall.
                They should call Nadler, Schiff and Pelosi as witnesses and ask them under oath about their sham.

Comment

• In an absolutely STUNNING development, the committee votes along strict party lines to pass Article 1!

Comment

In an absolutely STUNNING development, the committee votes along strict party lines to pass Article 1!
                    Wow.... same thing for Article II!!!! Absolutely incredible!!!!

Comment

In an absolutely STUNNING development, the committee votes along strict party lines to pass Article 1!
                      Well, I for one am...

You'd been the disappoint if I did't do that

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Well, I for one am...

You'd been the disappoint if I did't do that
                        Don't you know it!

Comment

• For the first time in the history of the US, Articles of Impeachment are passed to the House on a STRICTLY partisan basis.

Remember Nadler declaring that should NEVER happen? (At 2 minutes 30 seconds)

Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-13-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Wow.... same thing for Article II!!!! Absolutely incredible!!!!
                            No Democrat defectors?

Comment

No Democrat defectors?
                              I don't think any on this committee were expected to defect -- it's when it moves to the whole House that we expect to see some defections.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                Only idiots *accept* that argument.

The actual argument is that the impeachment is so clearly baseless and unconstitutional that it should be dismissed outright, rather than legitimized in any way. I agree with that. It is NOT the approach Trump desires. He wants to call in a bunch of witnesses, including Joe Bumblin' and the leakblower, and see them thoroughly slapped around. I think his reasoning is manifold, including --

-- He's spiteful, and wants a lot of payback

-- He thinks muddying up Bumblin' and the others during the election season would benefit him in the fall.
                                If that's what Trump wants, then that's what he'd get since the unprincipled Moscow Mitch is coordinating with the White House on how to conduct this trial. Lets see if that's what he really wants?

Comment