Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    71% of americans believe that the president aides should have to testify. I'm assuming many of those are republicans. I wonder what percentage of tweb republicans agree.
    This is a pretty small group and probably not representative of the general population.

This impeachment thing is unfortunate and it stems from Trump’s character. He has failed to settle down with a group of seasoned advisors and instead he listens to Rudy and Putin. He cannot handle any sort of criticism, and he doesn’t learn from his mistakes, but he has had some success with China, and Americans are happy with the economy. The country itself is completely bi-polar; and that seems to be a structural problem that is not well understood.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Why would the Democrats send the articles immediately to the Senate when the leaders of the Senate have publicly stated that they will NOT be impartial - in direct violation of their oath.
      They knew ahead of time this had ZERO chance in the Senate --- this is just more dishonest political crap on the part of the incredibly partisan Democrats.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        Why would the Democrats send the articles immediately to the Senate when the leaders of the Senate have publicly stated that they will NOT be impartial - in direct violation of their oath.
        I'm sure the Senate will be every bit as impartial as the House.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Which is why they can't transmit the Articles of Impeachment. They never imagined they would not have the overwhelming support of the American people.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            They knew ahead of time this had ZERO chance in the Senate --- this is just more dishonest political crap on the part of the incredibly partisan Democrats.
            The heroic Democrats led by the exceptional Pelosi are bravely fighting against the forces of darkness led by the notorious Lord McConnell and his snivelling sidekick Graham. The Republican stubbornness will eventually crumble under the weight of public opinion.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The heroic Democrats led by the exceptional Pelosi are bravely fighting against the forces of darkness led by the notorious Lord McConnell and his snivelling sidekick Graham. The Republican stubbornness will eventually crumble under the weight of public opinion.
              Yes!!!! Push on, Democrats.... onward through the fog!

This is a WONDERFUL plan you have, my friend.

Comment

Yes!!!! Push on, Democrats.... onward through the fog!

This is a WONDERFUL plan you have, my friend.
                I think the Repubs should take much of the blame, they have not given Trump the support he needs, and they have not understood what his shortcomings were until it is much too late. This impeachment is a measure of Republican incompetence as much as it is Trump’s own fault.

Comment

I think the Repubs should take much of the blame, they have not given Trump the support he needs, and they have not understood what his shortcomings were until it is much too late. This impeachment is a measure of Republican incompetence as much as it is Trump’s own fault.
                  The Dems just need to do exactly what they're doing -- they are impacting Republican fundraising and galvanizing support, so.... GO DEMS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                    The citation for the case I’m referring to is:
                    United States v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683
                    Thanks - I'll get back to you later in the week once I reread it.

In the meantime Merry Christmas!!!!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The Dems just need to do exactly what they're doing -- they are impacting Republican fundraising and galvanizing support, so.... GO DEMS!
                      Since it’s Christmas, I hope you would consider offering prayers for, in descending order of magnitude, Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Trump and Graham. Let’s hope they all work together for the common good in 2020.

Comment

Since it’s Christmas, I hope you would consider offering prayers for, ... , Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Trump and Graham. Let’s hope they all work together for the common good in 2020.
                        I can get behind that.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Thanks - I'll get back to you later in the week once I reread it.

In the meantime Merry Christmas!!!!
                          Merry Christmas!! Hope everyone gets a well deserved break!

Comment

Since it’s Christmas, I hope you would consider offering prayers for, in descending order of magnitude, Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Trump and Graham. Let’s hope they all work together for the common good in 2020.
                            They need the prayer and I need the practice, friend.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Comment

They need the prayer and I need the practice, friend.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
                              Merry Christmas, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                One hopes you are right. This of course, as per the House hearings, will entail witnesses. And given that Trump proclaims his innocence he will of course allow the key witnesses he is currently blocking to testify. Otherwise there are those who will think he has something to hide.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment