Page 110 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2804

Thread: Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting four point defense...

The GOP’s Four-Point Defense Of Trump Is Devastating

Basically, the 4 points are....

1. both Trump and Zelensky say there was no pressure applied.
    2. the transcript does not indicate Trump making any demands or setting any conditions.
    3. Ukraine was not aware that the aid was delayed.
    4. aid flowed without any announcement of investigations.

Taken together, these four defenses have more than enough weight to crush the Democrats’ case, but lets look at them one by one....

It was amusing to watch the Democrats become quite agitated declaring that Zelensky was a HOSTAGE (blink blink) who is ONLY saying that because he's in fear for his life, and one of them actually said "he has a GUN TO HIS HEAD".

The Dems are showing themselves to be horrible debaters, and emotional basket cases.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Interesting four point defense...

The GOP’s Four-Point Defense Of Trump Is Devastating

Basically, the 4 points are....

1. both Trump and Zelensky say there was no pressure applied.
    2. the transcript does not indicate Trump making any demands or setting any conditions.
    3. Ukraine was not aware that the aid was delayed.
    4. aid flowed without any announcement of investigations.

Taken together, these four defenses have more than enough weight to crush the Democrats’ case, but lets look at them one by one....

It was amusing to watch the Democrats become quite agitated declaring that Zelensky was a HOSTAGE (blink blink) who is ONLY saying that because he's in fear for his life, and one of them actually said "he has a GUN TO HIS HEAD".

The Dems are showing themselves to be horrible debaters, and emotional basket cases.
    We can now add the fact that the person that Sondland said he "might" have told that Trump wanted a favor, Andriy Yermak, is uncategorically denying that Sondland said any such thing and goes further to add that they never even talked privately about anything.

And yes, Jerry Nadler, summarily dismissed Yermak's statements as lies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The idea is that the Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him, but they're apparently not so scared that they would immediately agree to announce an investigation into Joe Biden. I have yet to see anybody reconcile this discrepancy.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

4. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The idea is that the Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him, but they're apparently not so scared that they would immediately agree to announce an investigation into Joe Biden. I have yet to see anybody reconcile this discrepancy.
    They hope that you don't think very deeply about all this.

Come to think of it the first six words of that sentence should suffice.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Even idiots can follow this argument:
    Senate Republicans say there is an early consensus building within their ranks for a short impeachment trial that could see the GOP-led chamber vote on a likely acquittal of President Donald Trump without hearing from any witnesses.”
    That would be such a ridiculous dereliction of duty, such an obvious sign they are toadies of the president, that I sort of hope they do it. The American people would see the House bring forth 17 witnesses, more than 100 hours of testimony while the Senate has, well, nothing. It’s not clear frankly that you can have a “trial” without witnesses or evidence.
    WaPo
    We will see what happens.
    Exactly why they should dismiss it. The House has no evidence or actual witnesses to any crime. They have "trumped" up charges, hearsay "evidence" and their witnesses are nothing but people who are spouting their opinions. With no evidence and no witnesses the case is just open and shut. Dismissed.

If a prosecutor tried to do the same at a criminal trial, it would also be dismissed by the court.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Simple - two words --- Hate Trump.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Exactly why they should dismiss it. The House has no evidence or actual witnesses to any crime. They have "trumped" up charges, hearsay "evidence" and their witnesses are nothing but people who are spouting their opinions. With no evidence and no witnesses the case is just open and shut. Dismissed.

If a prosecutor tried to do the same at a criminal trial, it would also be dismissed by the court.
    For cryin out loud, the Democrats were reduced to introducing SIX NEWSPAPER EDITORIALS "into the record" to prove it is necessary to get rid of Trump!

Can you imagine trying to pull that kind of stunt in any court in the land?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    For cryin out loud, the Democrats were reduced to introducing SIX NEWSPAPER EDITORIALS "into the record" to prove it is necessary to get rid of Trump!

Can you imagine trying to pull that kind of stunt in any court in the land?
    Yes.

Unfortunately an entire generation is being taught that this is legitimate.

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And, last night, Nutty Nadler declares a recess without consulting ANY Republicans, including the minority leader, showing what a kangaroo court he's running.

"It is now very late at night," Nadler said shortly before midnight in Washington. "I want the members on both sides of the aisle to think about what has happened over these last two days, and to search their consciences before we cast their final votes. Therefore, the committee will now stand in recess until tomorrow morning at 10 a.m., at which point I will move to divide the question so that each of us may have the opportunity to cast up-or-down votes on each of the articles of impeachment, and let history be our judge."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Perish the thought! I think we are slightly left of where you are now, but mostly by historical circumstances, rather than natural inclination. Look at what the British Empire once was.
    I am now reading all of your posts with a Scottish accent.