Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Is the only person you're willing to listen to about what is right and wrong Trump? Not Bolton, not Republican senators who would probably have a much easier working relationship by silently nodding at everything McConnell says? Other than Trump who could actually convince you that what Trump did was wrong?

"Trust, but verify" is as far as I'm willing to take it with politicians. I just don't get it. I can't imagine living my life that way.
    Doesn't prove the elements of an actual crime - or even of an abuse of power.

You wanna prove Trump did something wrong then prove - not infer - PROVE intent. It's one of the two critical elements (the other being which election) that hasn't even been addressed in any manner other than pure speculation.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sorry I missed this. In the future if I miss one of your posts you want me to reply to feel free to send me a PM.

You probably already know how I feel about attempts at outing the WB. I watched the clip in that article and if that's the example you lead with...

I admit I didn't catch as much of the Judiciary hearing as the others. Is Schiff even on the Judiciary Committee? In any case, there was lots of efforts of Republicans to disrupt that hearing. So I image that, and the faux outrage when their bad faith disruptions were shut down, is what you're remembering. I'm open to being proven wrong, but the fact that half of the day was spent on the Barron / baron joke leads to believe there was little legitimate outrage.

If you find a video clip of Republican questioning from that hearing being shut down I'll take a look though.

Ok, what *relevant* witnesses were denied? Hunter Biden? I said someone *other* than him to being with! Even if HB was dirty he *still* would have been an irrelevant witness.

There were valid reasons not to bring the WB into that hearing, not the least of which everything he reported has since been confirmed by witnesses with more direct knowledge of his claims.

Sorry :/.
      Schiff leads Intel; he's not on Judiciary.

Ciaramella is not entitled to whistle blower status as he contacted Schiff's office BEFORE filing the complaint which voids the claim. Other than to protect Schiff's misconduct, there's no valid reason to exclude Ciaramella as a witness even if he were entitled to whistle blower protection. None.

Much of the complaint has been discredited, not confirmed. Worse, it reads like a lawyer wrote it or helped a lot.

Biden would be a witness toward motive and should not be excluded in a fair proceeding.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

In the trial CJ Roberts will make that call. I'm not worried about it. He's left enough breadcrumbs that he's not prepared to incinerate his place in history for Trump.
        Probably not - it would likely be heard by the Court itself as a pretrial motion and Roberts might choose to recuse himself from that.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Doesn't prove the elements of an actual crime - or even of an abuse of power.

You wanna prove Trump did something wrong then prove - not infer - PROVE intent. It's one of the two critical elements (the other being which election) that hasn't even been addressed in any manner other than pure speculation.
          Nope, just like the rest of the Trump defenders here, you're simply in denial, Tea. If Trump without justification shot and murdered someone on 5th ave in broad daylight, you and MM would still try to rationalize it as legal. He defined you, his supporters, during his campaign. Little did we recognize at the time how well he really knew you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Nope, just like the rest of the Trump defenders here, you're simply in denial, Tea. If Trump without justification shot and murdered someone on 5th ave in broad daylight, you and MM would still try to rationalize it as legal. He defined you, his supporters, during his campaign. Little did we recognize at the time how well he really knew you.
            Wash rinse repeat - you get all excited over the new shiny bombshell and all defensive when it turns into yet another dud.

And this time, it's gonna be a whooping goose egg. You forget - I wanna see what happens when the garbage the House threw together hits a real trial with real evidentiary standards. Oh and FYI - since Bolton wasn't subpoenaed by the House good luck convincing a judge he's now somehow necessary.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Much of the complaint has been discredited, not confirmed. Worse, it reads like a lawyer wrote it or helped a lot.
              Which aspects have been discredited?

Biden would be a witness toward motive and should not be excluded in a fair proceeding.
              Good thing we no longer have to speculate about Trump's possibly having a legitimate motive after the document dump from today if you saw Rudy's letter to Zelensky.

Comment

The first set of Lev Parnas documents have been released by House Judiciary. Here is a note from Lev confirming that the goal was to get Zelensky to announce investigations into the Bidens.

Bad news for the bad guys :).

ETA: Here's some WhatsApp messages about tracking Marie Yavonovitch's movement's and hinting at planning her murder(!).

Beyond sickening.

Assuming these are legit anyone ready to get off the Trump Train yet?
                I doubt it. Most of these guys gave up a moral position in favor of Trump long ago. They'll just come up with more excuses for why it's ok after all.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Robert F Hyde is in the news.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Wash rinse repeat - you get all excited over the new shiny bombshell and all defensive when it turns into yet another dud.
                    No “duds.” The impeachment inquiry found that Trump, personally and through agents solicited the interference of a foreign government to benefit his reelection. And, despite unequaled stonewalling by the WH, numerous witness testimony supported this accusation.

And this time, it's gonna be a whooping goose egg. You forget - I wanna see what happens when the garbage the House threw together hits a real trial with real evidentiary standards.
                    Dream on...

Oh and FYI - since Bolton wasn't subpoenaed by the House good luck convincing a judge he's now somehow necessary.
                    Bolton has already said that he will respond to a subpoena about the "drug-deal" he witnessed during the Ukraine maneuverings – no need to take it to the court.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Schiff leads Intel; he's not on Judiciary.

Ciaramella is not entitled to whistle blower status as he contacted Schiff's office BEFORE filing the complaint which voids the claim. Other than to protect Schiff's misconduct, there's no valid reason to exclude Ciaramella as a witness even if he were entitled to whistle blower protection. None.

And it isn't as if whistleblowers haven't testified before Congress before.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which aspects have been discredited?
                        The allegations in the complaint that do not match the call. Quite a few, actually.

Good thing we no longer have to speculate about Trump's possibly having a legitimate motive after the document dump from today if you saw Rudy's letter to Zelensky.
                        Nice try - but yeah, you DO have to establish motive and that ain't gonna do it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Cruz has formally proposed 'witness reciprocity' (literally a duh, yeah) and McConnell seems very supportive...

Bolton v. Ciaramella!!!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Yeah, but this is different because something something Trump!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And this time, it's gonna be a whooping goose egg. You forget - I wanna see what happens when the garbage the House threw together hits a real trial with real evidentiary standards. Oh and FYI - since Bolton wasn't subpoenaed by the House good luck convincing a judge he's now somehow necessary.
                              I'm not excited, Tea, I'm concerned. I'm concerned that there are so many blind or complicit Americans out there that approve of the lies, or are naively taken in by this wannabe lawless tyrant and the cowardice, unprincipled, unpatriotic, and complicit republican party that defends him. And no, you don't wanna see a real trial, you just wanna see the wannabe tyrant beat the rap in a sham trial and you all make this very clear every time you argue against relevant evidence being introduced at trial. What concerns me is that there are so many of you out there that are either to biased to see, or just care more about the team they happen to be a member of, than they do about the law, about democracy or about their country.
                              Last edited by JimL; 01-15-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• It's fun watching liberals cry their impotent tears of rage.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment