Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I don't think so CP.
    Of course.

But that you view it as such is probably an indicator of why the impeachment does not have the support it should.
    Because it's a sham, Jim - the Democrats are weaponizing impeachment for their own personal needs.

It is the result of a successful campaign by the likes of brietbart and fox etc, and some blame also falls on other side per the 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome over the last 3 years or so. But regardless, this is a serious abuse of presidential power, and not something to be dismissed for such petty reasons.
    I notice you're not dealing with the substance of the fact that, although NOW they claim this is all about Ukraine, this all started before Ukraine was an issue.

How do you reconcile that, Jim?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• If they are sending it to the floor Pelosi has the votes.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        If they are sending it to the floor Pelosi has the votes.
        I don't think that's in dispute -- I think the question is how far BACKWARDS do they go, in the loss of Democrat support.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Of course.

Because it's a sham, Jim - the Democrats are weaponizing impeachment for their own personal needs.

I notice you're not dealing with the substance of the fact that, although NOW they claim this is all about Ukraine, this all started before Ukraine was an issue.

And, they haven't even proved that it happened! It is all rumor, denied by the transcript, Trump, the Whitehouse and the Ukraine! All they have is the word of some third party who heard a rumor. So we are not excusing any abuse of power by Trump, we are saying it never even happened.

Comment

• Maybe shifty Schiff is holding back his "mountain of evidence" for the Senate trial?

Comment

You can only imagine the backstage arm twisting, deals, threats, promises.... there are, what, 35?, Democrats in difficult positions regarding their own seats?
              Yeah, honestly once this is over the FBI needs to investigate the Democratic Party. Something is wrong if they have that kind of power over the rank and file.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't think that's in dispute -- I think the question is how far BACKWARDS do they go, in the loss of Democrat support.
                There are a lot more seats in jeopardy than the few needed to lose the floor vote. It's frankly a bit suspicious that they even have the ones that they need.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  There are a lot more seats in jeopardy than the few needed to lose the floor vote. It's frankly a bit suspicious that they even have the ones that they need.
                  What makes the 31 seats tenuous is that a number of them had run as moderates, promising to be "about the people's business", indicating they were not going to get bogged down in an impeachment mess.

Comment

What makes the 31 seats tenuous is that a number of them had run as moderates, promising to be "about the people's business", indicating they were not going to get bogged down in an impeachment mess.
                    Yes, which makes impeachment even more dangerous politically for moderate Democrats and vulnerable Democrats. It usually takes considerable political leverage to get representative to act against their own best interests.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Of course.

I don't need to 'reconcile' anything. Trump has done a large number of things in the last 3 years that have made sensible people want to see him impeached and removed. But the thing that is going to get him impeached (but likely not removed) is what he did in Ukraine.

The man is basically out of control, he has no filter, he has no noble motivations. It's all about him. That is good when you need a person that is not afraid to pick a fight or to stare down his foes. But it is very bad when you need a person that will restrain himself and use the power of the presidency wisely and morally.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I don't need to 'reconcile' anything. Trump has done a large number of things in the last 3 years that have made sensible people want to see him impeached and removed.
                        Look what you're doing, Jim. You're implying that I'm not "sensible", just because I don't agree that the Democrat's impeachment sham is warranted.

But the thing that is going to get him impeached (but likely not removed) is what he did in Ukraine.
                        I think he'll be impeached, but I also think this incredible blunder on the part of the Democrats is why Trump will be reelected. And I just saw one of the nutty congresswomen saying "we'll impeach him again". The Democrats are weaponizing impeachment because they can't beat him at the polls, Jim.

The man is basically out of control, he has no filter, he has no noble motivations. It's all about him.
                        None of which are impeachable offenses, and all of which could be used to campaign against him.

That is good when you need a person that is not afraid to pick a fight or to stare down his foes.
                        And the liberals and the MSM have worked together far too long to advance nutty causes like abortion on demand, attacking family values, attacks on traditional marriage, advancement of wacky gender fluidity.....

But it is very bad when you need a person that will restrain himself and use the power of the presidency wisely and morally.
                        Again, nothing there that is impeachable.

Comment

• Virginia Democrat Faces Constituents' Wrath Over Her Support for the Impeachment Inquiry

WARNING - thinly veiled profanity, and probably will be profanity in the comments

Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA) got an earful from some of her constituents during a town hall on Sunday as she discussed why she supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

Spanberger represents Virginia's 7th congressional district and won against Republican Dave Brat during the 2018 midterms. CNN reported Spanberger was highlighting votes where she voted with House Republicans when some in the audience wanted her to talk about the impeachment inquiry.

"My opinion of our inquiry is mine and mine alone. No one has pressured me to vote in any particular way from within the party. And I will not be pressured to vote in any particular way," she said. "The allegations against the president are incredibly, incredibly serious."

Comment

Virginia Democrat Faces Constituents' Wrath Over Her Support for the Impeachment Inquiry

WARNING - thinly veiled profanity, and probably will be profanity in the comments

Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA) got an earful from some of her constituents during a town hall on Sunday as she discussed why she supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

Spanberger represents Virginia's 7th congressional district and won against Republican Dave Brat during the 2018 midterms. CNN reported Spanberger was highlighting votes where she voted with House Republicans when some in the audience wanted her to talk about the impeachment inquiry.

"My opinion of our inquiry is mine and mine alone. No one has pressured me to vote in any particular way from within the party. And I will not be pressured to vote in any particular way," she said. "The allegations against the president are incredibly, incredibly serious."

How she votes is NOT her opinion and hers alone. She is a REPRESENTATIVE of the people and should do her job. Being pressured to vote a certain way is what she was elected to do.
                            Last edited by Sparko; 12-13-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I don't need to 'reconcile' anything. Trump has done a large number of things in the last 3 years that have made sensible people want to see him impeached and removed. But the thing that is going to get him impeached (but likely not removed) is what he did in Ukraine.

The man is basically out of control, he has no filter, he has no noble motivations. It's all about him. That is good when you need a person that is not afraid to pick a fight or to stare down his foes. But it is very bad when you need a person that will restrain himself and use the power of the presidency wisely and morally.
                              You've become a self parody. It's no longer possible for me to take you seriously.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                How she votes is NOT her opinion and hers alone. She is a REPRESENTATIVE of the people and should do her job. Being pressured to vote a certain way is what she was elected to do.
                                Like the joke about a politician talking to his constituents...

"I did what I thought was best."

A fellow stands up and says, "We didn't elect you to do what you thought was we best, we elected you to do what WE thought was best!"
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment