Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Like most all the republicans, Rep. Lawrence is shirking her responsibility for political reasons.
    So, when one of your guys departs from the party line, you throw them under the bus?

Although, when it comes to the republicans, i'm not so sure they aren't happy to overthrow the constitution placing a King in its stead.
    Jim, please tell me you're trolling on purpose, and that you know you're trolling, and you don't really believe this drivel.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      David Harsany makes a good point...

Impeachment is a political process. No sentient being, after all, believes that Adam Schiff or Nancy Pelosi are good-faith guardians of constitutional order. And judging the process strictly on political grounds, it hasn’t been a success for Democrats.

For one thing, impeachment, if it happens, will effectively end up being a partisan censure of the president. Democrats haven’t gotten any closer to convincing a single Senate Republican to contemplate removing the president. Certainly not Mitch McConnell, who says there will be a quick trial. Not even Mitt Romney, who, at this point, is aptly troubled but uncommitted.

I might add that the latest liberal talking point, being faithfully and obediently parroted here on Tweb, is exactly what Harsany claims no sentient being believes - that Adam Schiff or Nancy Pelosi are good-faith guardians of constitutional order.
      I might add that's the latest conservative talking point, being faithfully parroted here on tweb.

Comment

I might add that's the latest conservative talking point, being faithfully parroted here on tweb.
        Sure, cause you love to parrot stuff.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Schiff and Pelosi are the greatest living Americans. You should be turning your thoughts towards dumping Trump. Personally, and I recommend this to you too, I would not even give him the benefit of any remaining doubt, but show him the door at the earliest opportunity, and start working out who will be PenceÂ’s running mate.

We need to mobilize public opinion; starting with yours. LetÂ’s get going.
          The dyed in the wool Trumpsters like CP et al here on tweb haven't the capacity to change their minds. Can you imagine electing and defending at every turn, for so long, such a corrupt and immoral person and then having to admit to how complicit they've been. They'd rather lose their country to an autocrat than admit to that. It's going to take the mobilization of democrats, Independents, and sensible republicans to oust this wannabe dictator.

Comment

• It is obvious to me that Trump has been sent by God to test Republicans, and calibrate the foolishness of the Christian Right, who have fallen into idolatry - Trump, of course, being the object of their sacrilegious devotion. This cannot possibly end well and the sooner ‘Moscow’ Mitch gets a grip, the better. Trump’s continued presence weakens us all; let’s team up and dump Trump.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The dyed in the wool Trumpsters like CP
              Yet another very childish false claim, so the rest can be ignored.

Jim, do you believe anybody here really believes this drivel? I mean, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if YOU did, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I almost -- ALMOST -- gave him an "Amen" just for that laugh-line.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving Day!
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Yet another very childish false claim, so the rest can be ignored.

Jim, do you believe anybody here really believes this drivel? I mean, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if YOU did, but...
                    Yes, I do, I even think you believe it.

Comment

Yes, I do, I even think you believe it.
                      Yet another instance where you are stubbornly and profoundly wrong.

Comment

Along with more than half the country it seems. When was the last time more than 50% of the people wanted to see a sitting president impeached and removed from office? He's only still there because of the likes of you and the Conservative Christian base.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• You're sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, again, Tass... here was the discussion...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          The dyed in the wool Trumpsters like CP
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Along with more than half the country it seems. When was the last time more than 50% of the people wanted to see a sitting president impeached and removed from office?
                          Aside from your usual drama queenery, your response makes no sense whatsoever.

However, to answer your question, we don't run our country on polls alone. Some of the polls show support for impeachment dropping, some show it staying the same. That's actually pretty remarkable given the daily drumbeat of fierce attacks against Trump, and the campaign run by the Democrats and their allies in the MSM.

He's only still there because of the likes of you and the Conservative Christian base.
                          What a completely ignorant statement from our very own anti-Christian bigot. No, Tass - he's "only there" because he was duly elected, and the only legitimate means of removing him are impeachment and a new election.

Why don't you take some time to learn something about how things really work in our country?

Comment

However, to answer your question, we don't run our country on polls alone. Some of the polls show support for impeachment dropping, some show it staying the same. That's actually pretty remarkable given the daily drumbeat of fierce attacks against Trump, and the campaign run by the Democrats and their allies in the MSM.
                            The polls are pretty much meaningless at this point, republicans, and the correlating polls, didn't turn on Nixon until nearly the very end of the process. And what you, in Trumps defense, call "the daily drumbeat of fierce attacks" was no less of an occurence back then.

What a completely ignorant statement from our very own anti-Christian bigot. No, Tass - he's "only there" because he was duly elected, and the only legitimate means of removing him are impeachment and a new election.
                            Whether he was "duly" elected or not is in question, but he's only there in the first place because of the likes of those, his constituents, including the Conservative Christian base, along with the racists, white supremacists which make up a significant part of the republican party, who with the aide of Russia put him there. He's still has a fighting chance of staying there too, not because he isn't guilty, but only because of those same constituents who continue to defend him at every turn..

Comment

Aside from your usual drama queenery,
                              Right on cue.

your response makes no sense whatsoever.
                              Of course, it does. As Jim said you’re among “The dyed in the wool Trumpsters”. And your consistent support of Trump shows that Jim is spot on. This despite the fact that 50% of the country want him impeached and removed from office the likes of you will remain faithful come what may.

Yet more biased support from a “dyed in the wool Trumpster.” The “daily drumbeat of fierce attacks against Trump” is warranted by his unacceptable behavior in soliciting interference from a foreign power against his domestic political rival.

What a completely ignorant statement from our very own anti-Christian bigot. No, Tass - he's "only there" because he was duly elected,
                              Yes. Duly elected thanks to bigoted White Evangelical supporters with a religious agenda like you.

and the only legitimate means of removing him are impeachment and a new election.
                              Or a removal from office, although this is unlikely. Nor desirable given the Dominionistic Pence would inherit the throne.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Of course, it does. As Jim said you’re among “The dyed in the wool Trumpsters”.
                                Ah, you're repeating that lie, as well.

And your consistent support of Trump shows that Jim is spot on.
                                It's not my "support of Trump", it's my opposition to the loony-left "get Trump at any cost", but, no doubt, you'll continue with your false narrative, because that's what you do.

his despite the fact that 50% of the country want him impeached and removed from office the likes of you will remain faithful come what may.
                                Yet another lie. I'm ready for President Pence - have said so repeatedly.

But, just for grins, lemme address this "50%" fixation of yours. The US not a Democracy, and we don't elect or dismiss Presidents on popular vote. We elect them by electoral college, and we dismiss them, if needed, by impeachment.

Impeachment is entirely political, with each side totally understanding that their vote for or against will impact their own, and their party's, chances for staying in power.

That's what's driving this.

Comment