Page 268 of 284 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2840

Thread: Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

  1. #2671
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,067
    Amen (Given)
    6105
    Amen (Received)
    7479
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
    While I like Pence, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter, and if the Democrats succeed in their gambit to remove Trump from office then Pence will be in the Democrat crosshairs and subjected to every dirty trick in the Democrat playbook (think Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore). I'm not certain Pence would want to put himself or his family through that, and he will be under intense pressure to resign. And then what? President Pelosi? Or perhaps Pence would hang on long enough to appoint a VP like Ted Cruz or Devin Nunes and then resign.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #2672
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,286
    Amen (Given)
    1179
    Amen (Received)
    20651
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    While I like Pence, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter, and if the Democrats succeed in their gambit to remove Trump from office then Pence will be in the Democrat crosshairs and subjected to every dirty trick in the Democrat playbook (think Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore). I'm not certain Pence would want to put himself or his family through that, and he will be under intense pressure to resign. And then what? President Pelosi? Or perhaps Pence would hang on long enough to appoint a VP like Ted Cruz or Devin Nunes and then resign.
    IIRC any appointments have to be approved by Congress. That was how we ended up with Gerald Ford.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #2673
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,948
    Amen (Given)
    5248
    Amen (Received)
    22984
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Sorry I missed this. In the future if I miss one of your posts you want me to reply to feel free to send me a PM.



    You probably already know how I feel about attempts at outing the WB. I watched the clip in that article and if that's the example you lead with...



    I admit I didn't catch as much of the Judiciary hearing as the others. Is Schiff even on the Judiciary Committee? In any case, there was lots of efforts of Republicans to disrupt that hearing. So I image that, and the faux outrage when their bad faith disruptions were shut down, is what you're remembering. I'm open to being proven wrong, but the fact that half of the day was spent on the Barron / baron joke leads to believe there was little legitimate outrage.

    If you find a video clip of Republican questioning from that hearing being shut down I'll take a look though.



    Ok, what *relevant* witnesses were denied? Hunter Biden? I said someone *other* than him to being with! Even if HB was dirty he *still* would have been an irrelevant witness.

    There were valid reasons not to bring the WB into that hearing, not the least of which everything he reported has since been confirmed by witnesses with more direct knowledge of his claims.

    Sorry :/.
    Ah so I did read your post correctly the first time. You were trying to disqualify evidence you didn't like.

    As far as the WB goes, any accused has the right to face his accuser. And the credibility of the WB is central to the case. Not being able to question him even in secret is unacceptable. As far as Hunter goes, what he did or didn't do along with his dad goes directly to the case also. If Biden was using Nepotism to get Hunter the job and then using the money to extort Ukraine into firing the prosecutor then we indeed do have a national security issue going on. We have a crook who is trying to become President. If the democrats cared so much about whether Trump is a crook that they are willing to impeach him, then they should also care if Biden is one. It means that Trump was trying to out a criminal in the national interest as he was claiming.

    OK I was right about you in the first place, you just want to disqualify and ignore anything that you don't like. I am, again, done with you on this topic.

  4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  5. #2674
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,980
    Amen (Given)
    1956
    Amen (Received)
    1607
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
    Actually there is plenty, but that's why you don't want it seen.

  6. #2675
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,980
    Amen (Given)
    1956
    Amen (Received)
    1607
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
    Then I'm sure you want all the evidence to be presented, right?

  7. #2676
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,765
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He still hasn't accepted the fact that Rachael lied to him.
    Rachel is touched by God and so cannot lie.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  8. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  9. #2677
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Ah so I did read your post correctly the first time. You were trying to disqualify evidence you didn't like.
    Convince me that HB is relevant then.

    As far as the WB goes, any accused has the right to face his accuser.
    :cantfindthezombiesmily:

    And the credibility of the WB is central to the case. Not being able to question him even in secret is unacceptable.
    That's your claim. Help me understand why that's necessary when his claims have already been confirmed by others who are beyond credible.


    As far as Hunter goes, what he did or didn't do along with his dad goes directly to the case also. If Biden was using Nepotism to get Hunter the job and then using the money to extort Ukraine into firing the prosecutor then we indeed do have a national security issue going on.
    Yikes! Sounds serious! Surely you have evidence other than a HB fishing trip to back this up.


    We have a crook who is trying to become President. If the democrats cared so much about whether Trump is a crook that they are willing to impeach him, then they should also care if Biden is one. It means that Trump was trying to out a criminal in the national interest as he was claiming.
    Show me the money!

    OK I was right about you in the first place, you just want to disqualify and ignore anything that you don't like. I am, again, done with you on this topic.
    They all eventually come back :). Bring evidence and not just stories you heard on Fox next time.

  10. #2678
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
    Assume for the moment that that evidence exists. Is there anyone other than Trump, by directly confessing to the crime and calling it a crime, who could present it to you so that you would accept it?

  11. #2679
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,067
    Amen (Given)
    6105
    Amen (Received)
    7479
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Assume for the moment that that evidence exists. Is there anyone other than Trump, by directly confessing to the crime and calling it a crime, who could present it to you so that you would accept it?
    If the evidence exists then a confession from Trump isn't needed to convict. And frankly, I'm not impressed with the liberal narrative that Trump has somehow managed to suppress all the evidence that could be used to conclusively prove his guilt.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  12. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
  13. #2680
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If the evidence exists then a confession from Trump isn't needed to convict. And frankly, I'm not impressed with the liberal narrative that Trump has somehow managed to suppress all the evidence that could be used to conclusively prove his guilt.
    A few posts back you said that Bolton confirming the entire Democratic case would be insufficient. Here you say that a confession from Trump is not necessary. So, if you can, please help me understand what evidence you're looking for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •