Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 997

Thread: Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

  1. #411
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,499
    Amen (Given)
    1795
    Amen (Received)
    1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Jim, the impeachment isn't wearing any clothes. Your emperor is buck naked. We have no idea who you're looking at.

    The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!

  2. #412
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,630
    Amen (Given)
    10137
    Amen (Received)
    5792
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!


  3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  4. #413
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,499
    Amen (Given)
    1795
    Amen (Received)
    1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

    Like I said above, Tea!

  5. #414
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,630
    Amen (Given)
    10137
    Amen (Received)
    5792
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Like I said above, Tea!
    You were wrong then, too, Jim.

  6. #415
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,624
    Amen (Given)
    2523
    Amen (Received)
    1838
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!
    It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  7. #416
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,671
    Amen (Given)
    1843
    Amen (Received)
    5300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
    And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  8. #417
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,847
    Amen (Given)
    1147
    Amen (Received)
    19859
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
    That Trump was fixated on Biden, bringing him up over and over something like eight times (oops. He was only brought up once, toward the end of the call and almost as an afterthought)

    That Trump told them to dig up dirt on Biden if they wanted to get any aid (oops. He never asked them to dig up dirt and never put any conditions on aid as proved by the transcript and the fact that the Ukrainians never even opened up an investigation much less dug up dirt and still got their aid).

    That Trump concluded the call by telling Zelensky could not call back until he had kowtowed to Trump’s demands. (oops, again never happened. Not. Even. Close. The call ended with Trump congratulating Zelensky on his election).

    Um, let me get back to you.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  9. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  10. #418
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,449
    Amen (Given)
    5906
    Amen (Received)
    6773
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

    And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  12. #419
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,499
    Amen (Given)
    1795
    Amen (Received)
    1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"
    Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.

  13. #420
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,449
    Amen (Given)
    5906
    Amen (Received)
    6773
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.
    You're suggesting that Congress can impeach the president and remove him from office even if he never actually committed a crime.

    That's insane, and it's directly contrary to a plain reading of the Constitution.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  14. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •