Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Jim, the impeachment isn't wearing any clothes. Your emperor is buck naked. We have no idea who you're looking at.

The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

Like I said above, Tea!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Like I said above, Tea!
    You were wrong then, too, Jim.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
    And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
    That Trump was fixated on Biden, bringing him up over and over something like eight times (oops. He was only brought up once, toward the end of the call and almost as an afterthought)

That Trump told them to dig up dirt on Biden if they wanted to get any aid (oops. He never asked them to dig up dirt and never put any conditions on aid as proved by the transcript and the fact that the Ukrainians never even opened up an investigation much less dug up dirt and still got their aid).

That Trump concluded the call by telling Zelensky could not call back until he had kowtowed to Trump’s demands. (oops, again never happened. Not. Even. Close. The call ended with Trump congratulating Zelensky on his election).

Um, let me get back to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

9. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"
    Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.
    You're suggesting that Congress can impeach the president and remove him from office even if he never actually committed a crime.

That's insane, and it's directly contrary to a plain reading of the Constitution.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

14. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.