Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I would blame it more on the disinformation that flows on the internet and the fact that disinformation has a strong voice in more conservative circles where many that would initially be appalled at what Trump has done due to its depravity can have their distrust of the MSM and democratic special interest agendas leveraged to lull them back into some sense that this is all somehow unfair and sow enough doubt in their heads that they are again not sure if he 'really' did what he is accused of.
    Interesting. Do you think the distrust of the MSM is not warranted?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would blame it more on the disinformation that flows on the internet and the fact that disinformation has a strong voice in more conservative circles where many that would initially be appalled at what Trump has done due to its depravity can have their distrust of the MSM and democratic special interest agendas leveraged to lull them back into some sense that this is all somehow unfair and sow enough doubt in their heads that they are again not sure if he 'really' did what he is accused of.
      “You’re stupid, if you disagree with me!”

Always a pleasure, to hear your biased opinion.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        “You’re stupid, if you disagree with me!”

Always a pleasure, to hear your biased opinion.
        Oh look who's back.

I thought flaming was against the rules. I don't think Pix replies to my posts except to attack me personally.

Source: flaming definition

Flaming is the online act of posting insults, often laced with profanity or other offensive language on social networking sites.

© Copyright Original Source

Now she is not stupid enough to do the laced with profanity thing. But the bolded part sums up her posts my way.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Interesting. Do you think the distrust of the MSM is not warranted?
          Did you see where the Trump campaign put Donald's face over Greta's so that he could see himself on a fake Time cover?

Hilarious!

And more than a little sad.

Comment

Oh look who's back.

I thought flaming was against the rules. I don't think Pix replies to my posts except to attack me personally.

Source: flaming definition

Flaming is the online act of posting insults, often laced with profanity or other offensive language on social networking sites.

© Copyright Original Source

Now she is not stupid enough to do the laced with profanity thing. But the bolded part sums up her posts my way.
            Well Jim, I understand your anger, but the truth hurts and you refuse to face it. Just look at your post and your assertion that all of your opponents are crazy and don’t trust the MSN for no reason beyond Trump. Never mind the flat out lying the MSN has engaged in, we must ignore our lying eyes and just trust the people caught lying, again and again, are worthy of our trust. Do tell, what reason is there to just trust that this time, the MSN is right? You’re gaslighting and hoping I’m too stupid to see it.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy View Post
              Did you see where the Trump campaign put Donald's face over Greta's so that he could see himself on a fake Time cover?
              No, I didn't --- how many other threads are you going to infest with this nonsense?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, do you think Americans are stupid? I mean, how do you explain that the more this is talked about, the less it is supported.

Do you think, perhaps, the Democrats are just doing a bad job 'selling' it?

(and I don't mean 'selling' as pejorative - but they do seem to think they have a responsibility to convince the American people, and it doesn't seem to be working)
                And the largest shift has been among Independents.

So, in a way, the impeachment circus has actually broadened Trump's base as more and more folks who aren't conservative are starting to support him.

I'm sure that was exactly what Schiff, Nadler et. al. had in mind with their cunning impeachment plan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, I didn't --- how many other threads are you going to infest with this nonsense?
                  Just one other. What's the matter? Can't take someone poking fun at your idol?

Comment

Hilarious!

And more than a little sad.
                    Because we all know a rich girl, that skips school and has rich parents, that sail around the world. Is deserving of being the ‘person of the year’. Must be nice.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Just one other. What's the matter? Can't take someone poking fun at your idol?
                      I just think it's incredibly juvenile, but that seems to be how many liberals roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And the largest shift has been among Independents.

So, in a way, the impeachment circus has actually broadened Trump's base as more and more folks who aren't conservative are starting to support him.

I'm sure that was exactly what Schiff, Nadler et. al. had in mind with their cunning impeachment plan.
                        It's the Russians!

Comment

I just think it's incredibly juvenile, but that seems to be how many liberals roll.

It is interesting how liberals idolize someone that sails around the world, flaunting their privilege, while attacking others for doing the same. What was I doing at 16? Going to school because my parents were broke and I was determined not to be, as an adult. Must be nice not to have to do that.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, we have Ted Deutch (D-Fl) whining about Trump defying Congress, and that appealing to the Judiciary is not an option, because Congress has oversight....

Somebody needs to tell that clown - you are NOT "Congress" --- you are the very PARTISAN part (slightly more than half) of ONE COMMITTEE of one HALF of Congress.
                            One of the very function of the courts is to step in when there is a clash between two conflicting rights, congressional subpoena power and executive privilege in this case, and adjudicate the matter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• In arguing that Trump abused power, the Democrats keep reiterating that THEY have the SOLE POWER to set rules for impeachment (which they do) but they extend that to justify demanding documents and testimony from the Executive Branch with no right whatsoever to appeal to the Judicial.

In other words, in accusing Trump of abuse of power, the Democrats are abusing their own power.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                One of the very function of the courts is to step in when there is a clash between two conflicting rights, congressional subpoena power and executive privilege in this case, and adjudicate the matter.
                                It's a riot --- this little band of partisans somehow see themselves as more powerful than all other parts of government.

(I wish somebody had an "anger meter" to measure the anger in the faces and voices of the various committee members - it seems that the Democrats equate emotion and anger and facial expressions with "that means we're righter than everybody else")

Comment