Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    It is not the job of the executive to obstruct a congressional investigation into the executive, Tea.
    Actually, it wasn't "congress" who was running the sham impeachment - it was a couple committees of ONE part of ONE branch of government "investigating" another branch of government in a very partisan manner, and the ringmasters of this sham investigation boasted that they didn't want to wait for the THIRD branch of government (the judicial) to weigh in.

Remember, the THREE branches of government are "co-equal".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is not the job of the executive to obstruct a congressional investigation into the executive, Tea.
      What obstruction? If the exec doesn't want to play he doesn't have to - absent valid subpoenas. And when the 'request letters' were tested in court - oh, that's right - they weren't.

No crime, not even a hint of one - because no remedy was sought. Period.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        What obstruction? If the exec doesn't want to play he doesn't have to - absent valid subpoenas. And when the 'request letters' were tested in court - oh, that's right - they weren't.

Have you noticed today that the buzzwords the Democrats are using are "OVERWHELMING evidence"?

If they say it enough, maybe people will be snookered into believing the "evidence" is OVERWHELMING!
        "
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Have you noticed today that the buzzwords the Democrats are using are "OVERWHELMING evidence"?

If they say it enough, maybe people will be snookered into believing the "evidence" is OVERWHELMING!
          "
          Well, we know that there is no evidence that could make the likes of you hard line Trumpsters believe he's guilty of anything. So we're not really concerned about that. But there are some Trump supporters out there who are still capable of thinking for themselves, who can be swayed. It's those people who the country is depending on now.

Comment

Well, we know that there is no evidence that could make the likes of you hard line Trumpsters believe he's guilty of anything.
            Not only incredibly juvenile, but false, as well.

So we're not really concerned about that.
            Who is this "we" you keep talking about"? You can't speak for yourself?

But there are some Trump supporters out there who are still capable of thinking for themselves, who can be swayed.
            Well, just repeating "overwhelming evidence" isn't going to do it, but it's sure increasing Trump's campaign war chest. Brilliant.

It's those people who the country is depending on now.
            You mean the partisan hacks who are running the impeachment sham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

"
              Well, I'm overwhelmed... it's not often you see these levels of stupid...
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Well, we know that there is no evidence that could make the likes of you hard line Trumpsters believe he's guilty of anything. So we're not really concerned about that. But there are some Trump supporters out there who are still capable of thinking for themselves, who can be swayed. It's those people who the country is depending on now.
                You're being duped, Jimmy:

The weakness of the articles now actually appears to be a feature, not a flaw. The exercise of the “impeachment process” writ large was more of a political promise to the far-left constituents of the resistance movement itself. Structurally there is no strength to either article; they appear designed to fail in the Senate. Again, a feature not a flaw.

Nationally the democrat resistance voters are not too smart. What Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler are delivering for them is an impeachment in name only.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...n-of-congress/

As Obamacare architect John Gruber infamously said, the Democrat agenda depends on the stupidity of their voters.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  You're being duped, Jimmy:

The weakness of the articles now actually appears to be a feature, not a flaw. The exercise of the “impeachment process” writ large was more of a political promise to the far-left constituents of the resistance movement itself. Structurally there is no strength to either article; they appear designed to fail in the Senate. Again, a feature not a flaw.

Nationally the democrat resistance voters are not too smart. What Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler are delivering for them is an impeachment in name only.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...n-of-congress/

As Obamacare architect John Gruber infamously said, the Democrat agenda depends on the stupidity of their voters.
                  Not being a dupe, unlike yourself, I'm not interested in your conservative propaganda postings, MM. You, not only you, but all of you Trumpsters, are supporting a Russian plant, a traitor, and you're just to dumbfounded to recognise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    They are valid subpoenas, but that doesn't stop Trump from dragging them through the courts. McGahn was served back in May, The White House challenged it and a judge ruled November 26th, ordering Mcgahn to testify. Of course that ruling was appealed, and on and on it will go. The House was left with no choice but to charge Trump with obstruction.
                    Wrong.

Comment

They are valid subpoenas, but that doesn't stop Trump from dragging them through the courts. McGahn was served back in May, The White House challenged it and a judge ruled November 26th, ordering Mcgahn to testify. Of course that ruling was appealed, and on and on it will go. The House was left with no choice but to charge Trump with obstruction.
                      Are not - and notice that the House isn't contesting here.

Wrong.
                      Yes, you are.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

They are valid subpoenas, but that doesn't stop Trump from dragging them through the courts.
                        If the House did not have the intestinal fortitude to let the courts make a determination concerning Executive Privilege v. Congressional subpoenas then the onus is on them. They shouldn't have dropped any subpoena just because someone turned to the courts for direction concerning the conflicting claims.
                        Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        McGahn was served back in May, The White House challenged it and a judge ruled November 26th, ordering Mcgahn to testify. Of course that ruling was appealed, and on and on it will go.
                        That is how the system works. Folks are allowed to appeal decisions. In truly important cases the case can be expedited up to the SCOTUS.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• It has never made sense to me to “leave everything up to the presidential election” when rigging that election was the president’s objective. Michael Gerson
                          https://twitter.com/MJGerson/status/1204407679067860992
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• So?

Comment

• Asserted, yet zero evidence of rigging found. Democrats are afraid of losing their power, so they are trying to make sure the people choose wisely, next time.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                Asserted, yet zero evidence of rigging found. Democrats are afraid of losing their power, so they are trying to make sure the people choose wisely, next time.
                                Is Gerson a democrat?
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment