Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Er, no. It's the Senate's job to try the case. It is occasionally necessary to ask for witnesses at trial that could not appear before the grand jury but allowing that is at the judge's discretion. Here, discretion belongs to the Senate.

In a normal proceeding, this isn't often granted to prosecution since they shouldn't have proceeded with an insufficient case.

McConnell should let Pelosi have her haggling until after Christmas, then demand/pull the articles and take a few weeks working out procedure/new drapes. Then start hearings on the evidence presented to the House - with most of the front runner Dems cooling their heels in the 'very solemn' trial while Super Tuesday passes them by.

Then vote.
    If you recall Obama skipped hearings on the 2008 economic collapse to continue campaigning.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If you recall Obama skipped hearings on the 2008 economic collapse to continue campaigning.
      I remember both Obama and McCain leaving the campaign trail to attend the hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Bless her heart for putting up with his crap.
        We get it, you don't want witnesses or documents, you want a continuation of the cover-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          They had their chance to get witnesses and documents during the House investigations, but they went ahead and voted to impeach without them. It's not the Senate's job to reinvestigate and try to make the Democrats' case for them.
          Like i said to CP, we get it you fear an open and honest trial.

Comment

The Senate's job is to determine the validity of the case brought by the House, not to retry the case because the House bungled it so badly.
            You too, fear witnesses and documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Sounds like a case of morning after regret, where the Democrats are trying to silently walk out the door, hoping nobody notices, and make excuses for it later.
              Actually that would apply to republicans.

Comment

Speaker Pelosi has suggested that House Democrats may be too afraid, too afraid to even transmit their shoddy work product to the Senate. Mr. President it looks like the prosecutors are getting cold feet in front of the entire country and second guessing whether they even want to go to trial. They said that impeachment was so urgent that they could not even wait for due process but now they are sitting on their hands." --Mitch McConnell
                Don't worry yourself, the articles will be transmitted and a trial will take place.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  We get it, you don't want witnesses or documents, you want a continuation of the cover-up.
                  You've tried this lie before, and it's still demonstrative of what a petty little unprincipled you can be, Jim.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Dem front runner skips impeachment trial as 'not important enough' - PLEASE!!!! I wanna see that!!!

And watch Trump browbeat them with it until November!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You've tried this lie before, and it's still demonstrative of what a petty little unprincipled you can be, Jim.
                      What are you talking about, you've all made it clear that you agree with McConnell that there will be no witnesses or documents. That's a continuation of Trumps obstruction/cover-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        What are you talking about, you've all made it clear that you agree with McConnell that there will be no witnesses or documents.
                        Prove it.

That's a continuation of Trumps obstruction/cover-up.
                        Only in your unprincipled loony left mind.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Dem front runner skips impeachment trial as 'not important enough' - PLEASE!!!! I wanna see that!!!

And watch Trump browbeat them with it until November!
                          Obama, with an obsequent MSM nodding in unison, said that he was capable of doing two things at one time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Like i said to CP, we get it you fear an open and honest trial.
                            On the contrary, I would love to see Shifty Schiff, Quid Pro Joe, Hunter, and Eric "Not Really A Whistleblower" Ciaramella put on the stand.

Oh, but the Democrats don't want Republicans to call those witnesses.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Obama, with an obsequent MSM nodding in unison, said that he was capable of doing two things at one time.
                              You see Biden or Warren able to pull that off now?
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                On the contrary, I would love to see Shifty Schiff, Quid Pro Joe, Hunter, and Eric "Not Really A Whistleblower" Ciaramella put on the stand.

Oh, but the Democrats don't want Republicans to call those witnesses.
                                Good, now see if the Senate votes to subpoena them.

Comment