Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    He's a true believer that's having his world view shredded. The lashing out irrationally is to be expected of anyone in that situation.

Comment

Tass is the one who just proved Schiff to be dishonorable.
      No, what he exposed was that Moscow Mitch was dishonorable. We all already knew there isn't an honorable bone in Trumps body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        dirtfloor and Chuck are entertaining only because their trolling is so blatantly obvious. Jimmy might be the most successful of the three because most of the time, I honestly can't tell if he's trolling, or if he's really so delusional that he earnestly believes what he says.
        Sometimes I think he's sitting there with a couple dope-smoking loser friends saying, "Watch what happens when I type THIS [stupid thing]"...

Trying to have an adult conversation with him is like trying to teach trig to Jake.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's a true believer that's having his world view shredded. The lashing out irrationally is to be expected of anyone in that situation.
          Only among those incapable or unwilling to re-examine things.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, neither article contains a criminal charge nor are they themselves criminal charges.

Legally, yep, it's a meaningless phrase. Politically, it means 'we're impeaching the president because we don't like him '.

You realize that this is just more 'told you so ' fodder...
            And everybody's seeing how well that's working for the Dems. I just hope they keep pushing this impeachment thing - it gives Trump some GREAT campaign material, and it keeps the Democrats from doing anything useful.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat talks to Virginia Heffernan. A historical lens on Trump’s Authoritarianism. It is disturbing but highly recommended for those few who want to understand Trump and the Republicans.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000460412380
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Sometimes I think he's sitting there with a couple dope-smoking loser friends saying, "Watch what happens when I type THIS [stupid thing]"...

Trying to have an adult conversation with him is like trying to teach trig to Jake.
                This is about me, isn't it?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat talks to Virginia Heffernan. A historical lens on Trump’s Authoritarianism. It is disturbing but highly recommended for those few who want to understand Trump and the Republicans.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000460412380
                  The other day my neighbor talked to my dog.

Comment

This is about me, isn't it?
                    Hardly

Comment

Hardly
                      But you said 'trig'...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

But you said 'trig'...

And you were triggered?

Comment

The other day my neighbor talked to my dog.
                          I sense a change of mood in this place. The Trumpites are being very aggressive. I myself am not perturbed and I will continue to feed in news from the real world.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            I sense a change of mood in this place. The Trumpites are being very aggressive. I myself am not perturbed and I will continue to feed in news from the real world.
                            I'm as calm as .... let's put it this way --- in all the calming down in the history of the world, nobody has ever calmed down by being told to calm down.

I'm at peace. All is well.

Comment

I'm as calm as .... let's put it this way --- in all the calming down in the history of the world, nobody has ever calmed down by being told to calm down.

I'm at peace. All is well.
                              I imagine that for most Americans, the Second World War was an overseas war, and it is still remote, compared with the European experience. Even Aberdeen was bombed in the war. We in Europe, might have a sharper sense of what’s going wrong now, in several countries, including yours.

Comment

Spell "projection".
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment