Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...it strengthens an article of impeachment based on obstruction of Congress."

Obstruction of Congress isn't a crime.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      "...it strengthens an article of impeachment based on obstruction of Congress."

Obstruction of Congress isn't a crime.
      Obstruction of justice is a crime, which btw was one of the articles of impeachment Nixon was charged with in the Watergate impeachment

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Obstruction of justice is a crime...
        Yes, but there's no such thing as "Obstruction of Congress".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Time for a Miranda Warning...

Devine: Impeachment fiasco is a Dem gift to Donald Trump

Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi have managed to pull off a miracle with their impeachment gambit.

TheyÂ’ve united Republicans around Donald Trump, a feat once thought impossible, and for which the president owes a great deal to SchiffÂ’s dogged Republican counterpart Devin Nunes.

“There has never been so much unity and spirit in the Republican Party, as there is right now!” trumpeted Trump on Twitter Friday.

As support for the president edges up nationally and, notably, in the battleground state of Wisconsin, where 94 percent of Republicans oppose impeachment, he has been gifted a remarkable campaign advantage by his opponents.

Great job, guys!
          Again, what you can't seem to grasp, CP, is that impeachment isn't about politics, with respect to the president, it's about the law, the Constitution, and Congresses responsibility to protect it. Just because you republican/conservatives don't give a hoot about the Constitution, just because "you believe" the politics may not be good for the impeaching party, is not a good reason to shirk that responsibility. Actually, you, like most republican/conservatives have revealed that you only really care about the law, or the Constitution, when it suits you to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Again, what you can't seem to grasp, CP, is that impeachment isn't about politics...
            It's ALL about politics Jim. That wasn't what it was intended to be, but it is what it has become.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...Actually, you, like most republican/conservatives have revealed that you only really care about the law, or the Constitution, when it suits you to do so.
              This is exactly the kind of thing somebody says who is suffering from advanced TDS.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Yes, but there's no such thing as "Obstruction of Congress".
                Duh! It amounts to the same thing, MM. Impeachment is the criminal court when it comes to the president.

Comment

Duh! It amounts to the same thing, MM. Impeachment is the criminal court when it comes to the president.
                  Actually, the current phase is more like the Grand Jury. The Senate will be the equivalent of "the criminal court", where Schiff will not be chief prosecutor, judge, jury, media spokesperson, testimony obstructionist, and witness corrector.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of thing somebody says who is suffering from advanced TDS.
                    If that were so, then you'd be the one saying it. No, I say it because you, the republican party, the Trump Administration, have all revealed it to be true. They, i.e. Trump and the republican party, have revealed it in their criminal behavior, and you, the constituents, in your defense of that behavior.

Comment

If that were so, then you'd be the one saying it. No, I say it because you, the republican party, the Trump Administration, have all revealed it to be true. They, i.e. Trump and the republican party, have revealed it in their criminal behavior, and you, the constituents, in your defense of that behavior.
                      Yup, ATDS on parade, for sure.

Comment

Yup, ATDS on parade, for sure.
                        Yup, you've got it for sure, CP. Trump seems to have that effect on the naive, unethical, or morally weak aka Trumpsters.

Comment

Yup, you've got it for sure, CP. Trump seems to have that effect on the naive, unethical, or morally weak aka Trumpsters.
                          Sure, Jim. Whatever you say.

Comment

Actually, the current phase is more like the Grand Jury. The Senate will be the equivalent of "the criminal court", where Schiff will not be chief prosecutor, judge, jury, media spokesperson, testimony obstructionist, and witness corrector.
                            Assuming they even can bring articles - they're making retreating noises and moderate Dems are anything but happy with how the 'inquiry' went.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Assuming they even can bring articles - they're making retreating noises and moderate Dems are anything but happy with how the 'inquiry' went.
                              EGGzackly - some are saying it's sufficient that the public was made aware that Trump did really bad stuff, and the public will have an opportunity to punish him come next November.

Schiff, however, appears to be doubling down and wanting to go full throttle. I don't think he has it in him to throttle back.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Then let Congress vote to make the impeachment inquiry official, and let them have a fair hearing that observes the rules of due process.

Comment