Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    The defense lawyers will try to show, at trial in the Senate, that there was no corrupt intent. They will use your infamous conspiracy theory to do it, claiming that your idiot POTUS really believes that nonsense. It will fail, but Republicans will vote to keep him anyway.

You should listen to Torrez; but I think you are too far gone by now, condemned to the twilight zone forever, as one of Putin’s army of ‘useful idiots’.
    There will be an actual judge in the Senate trial, should this get that far, and not some left wing political hack who appoints himself both judge, chief prosecutor, witness corrector/instructor and media liaison.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      About the only thing the whistle blower got right is that Trump spoke with Zelensky on the phone.
      Alleged whistle blower, aka Democrat supporter and strategist, reportedly tied professionally to one of the 2020 Democrat candidates.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Nope. If it goes to the Senate, Biden will likely be called to testify. They'll play the clip of Biden admitting he extorted Ukraine to get Shokin the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma fired. When Biden tries to claim he did it because Shokin was lax in his investigation (which is a laughable argument to begin with -- why would Biden want a tougher prosecutor to investigate the company his son was working for? lol), they'll produce the reports that Zlochevsky's assets were seized and Shokin was moving forward aggressively with the investigation of Burisma just before Biden got him fired. Oops, then what?
        Shokin’s a crook.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Shokin’s a crook.
          Even if that were true, which I have yet to see evidence, it's irrelevant. The argument that Biden extorted Ukraine to get him fired because he wasn't investigating is a lie, therefore a cover-up. I'm comfortable (though disappointed because I want it to be exposed) in the belief that at least some Dems (Schiff, Pelosi, et al.) know what really happened, and wouldn't risk Biden getting subpoenaed during a senate investigation. Though I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            There will be an actual judge in the Senate trial, should this get that far, and not some left wing political hack who appoints himself both judge, chief prosecutor, witness corrector/instructor and media liaison.
            Please be more respectful when you are talking about my personal favourite American politician. Thanks.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Please be more respectful when you are talking about my personal favourite American politician. Thanks.
              Does Rachel concur? Have you consulted her? Does she even know you are alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Shokin’s a crook.
                That's the liberal narrative at any rate. Is there any evidence to support this allegation?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Even if that were true, which I have yet to see evidence, it's irrelevant. The argument that Biden extorted Ukraine to get him fired because he wasn't investigating is a lie, therefore a cover-up. I'm comfortable (though disappointed because I want it to be exposed) in the belief that at least some Dems (Schiff, Pelosi, et al.) know what really happened, and wouldn't risk Biden getting subpoenaed during a senate investigation. Though I could be wrong, and I hope I am.
                  Trump is given the opportunity to appear with his atty's in his own defense prior to the filing of articles of impeachment. Do you think he will show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Trump is given the opportunity to appear with his atty's in his own defense prior to the filing of articles of impeachment. Do you think he will show up?
                    Trump is smart. He'll likely wait until this thing goes to the Senate (if it does) and then make his defense in a setting where they'll judiciously enforce due process.

Comment

Trump is smart. He'll likely wait until this thing goes to the Senate (if it does) and then make his defense in a setting where they'll judiciously enforce due process.
                      Not to say he won't be "testifying by Tweet" the whole time.

Comment

That's the liberal narrative at any rate. Is there any evidence to support this allegation?
                        Of course.

As Prosecutor General, he was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and hindering the fight against corruption in Ukraine.

Various street protests demanding Shokin's resignation were held. On 2 November 2015, there was an assassination attempt against him when an unidentified sniper fired three shots into his office, but was foiled by the bulletproof glass window.
                        Wikipedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Does Rachel concur? Have you consulted her? Does she even know you are alive?
                          Rachel and I are on the same page, as always and forever.

Comment

Rachel and I are on the same page, as always and forever.
                            Pictures, or it never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirttfloor View Post
                              Of course.
                              As Prosecutor General, he was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and hindering the fight against corruption in Ukraine.
                              I'm aware of the accusations. I'm asking if there is any evidence that the accusations are true.

Comment

I'm aware of the accusations. I'm asking if there is any evidence that the accusations are true.
                                I’m sure there is. It might not be available to the general public though. Have you looked for any evidence of his notorious criminality?

Comment