Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
    It’s all in error...
    Not that you've bothered to show how. Presumably you have better information than Mr. Solomon's original state documents and on-the-record sources, so perhaps you could share them with the rest of the class.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It is about time that Republicans took the danger seriously.

WaPo
      I understand you recently subscribed to the Washington Post, and your recent contributions to the forum have the air of a man who is desperately trying to convince himself that he didn't waste his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        How does this information about Shokin benefit Russia? It's not related to the Crowdstrike issue, even though Trump included both issues in the same phone call.
        Russia exports corruption and disinformation. They do it to keep you off balance. They want you to distrust your own institutions, the press, the security services, the “deep state”, as the doubters call it. They have being doing this to their own people for decades and now they have weaponised social media, and it is everywhere.

Unfortunately, the current administration is infected and POTUS is a confirmed conspiracy theorist. This is unbelievably dangerous and it means that the US is not well placed to combat Russian aggression if it occurs.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Russia exports corruption and disinformation. They do it to keep you off balance. They want you to distrust your own institutions, the press, the security services, the “deep state”, as the doubters call it. They have being doing this to their own people for decades and now they have weaponised social media, and it is everywhere.

Unfortunately, the current administration is infected and POTUS is a confirmed conspiracy theorist. This is unbelievably dangerous and it means that the US is not well placed to combat Russian aggression if it occurs.
          To be honest with you, I definitely think there is possible foreign infiltration in this country, only in a slightly different way than you do. It would work in Russia's favor (or even China for that matter, or any foreign adversary) to continue the political discord in this country between the left and right over such red scare suspicion and accusation of conspiracy, including on boards like this. When you have former state department heads publicly accusing congress people of being Russian assets, and even accusations against the potus himself that sparks millions of tax payer money in fruitless investigations, you know you've got problems with Russian disnfo infiltrating in this country.

Comment

• Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat(!) says that impeachment "is not a foregone conclusion".

On Sunday’s broadcast of CNN’s “State of the Union,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) said the House’s impeachment of President Donald Trump was not a “foregone conclusion.”

Lofgren said, “I think the evidence that is being presented to us by the Intelligence Committee really focuses on the Ukraine matter, so as well as the obstruction. If we do articles— and that’s not a foregone conclusion— that would be the central thrust, I would assume.”

She continued, “Here is the question, it is in the Constitution treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors, that is the cause for impeachment. And there is meaning to all of those terms. And that is what our hearing this week will be about. What does the constitution mean when it says that? I’ve got a report from the Nixon impeachment that goes into the history on that. It is on my website if anyone wants to read it. And the question is, should that misconduct result in impeachment?”

“We need to sort through the severity, the risk to the Constitution, the risk to our national security that the president’s actions pose,” Lofgren added. “It is not just misconduct. I mean, there’s plenty of misconduct in the history of the United States among presidents, but it’s not all impeachable.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ne-conclusion/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat(!) says that impeachment "is not a foregone conclusion".

On Sunday’s broadcast of CNN’s “State of the Union,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) said the House’s impeachment of President Donald Trump was not a “foregone conclusion.”

Lofgren said, “I think the evidence that is being presented to us by the Intelligence Committee really focuses on the Ukraine matter, so as well as the obstruction. If we do articles— and that’s not a foregone conclusion— that would be the central thrust, I would assume.”

She continued, “Here is the question, it is in the Constitution treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors, that is the cause for impeachment. And there is meaning to all of those terms. And that is what our hearing this week will be about. What does the constitution mean when it says that? I’ve got a report from the Nixon impeachment that goes into the history on that. It is on my website if anyone wants to read it. And the question is, should that misconduct result in impeachment?”

“We need to sort through the severity, the risk to the Constitution, the risk to our national security that the president’s actions pose,” Lofgren added. “It is not just misconduct. I mean, there’s plenty of misconduct in the history of the United States among presidents, but it’s not all impeachable.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ne-conclusion/
              Some of them, I think, regret that the train has left the station, and there appears to be no turning back.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Some of them, I think, regret that the train has left the station, and there appears to be no turning back.
                The Democrat party is a few turns short of a roundhouse... or... something...

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Attack the messenger when you can't refute the message. The last desperate strategy in any debate.
                  I'm attacking the messenger because the messenger is a fraud, not because his message can't be refuted. If you watched the testimony you'd know that the whole idea to investigate Biden was driven by this political hack, and that his reporting was full of lies or fake news if you will. Vindman, Kent, Fiona Hill, all under oath. You're problem, like MM, CP, rogue, et al, is that you live in that conservative bubble where they lie to you every day, and you just eat it up.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/vindman...ing-were-false
                  Last edited by JimL; 12-01-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    You're problem, like MM, CP, rogue, et al, is that you live in that conservative bubble where they lie to you every day.
                    Jim, I don't think I've ever met anybody, online or IRL, who is more "bubbled" than you. Sometimes I think you just type this crap to get a reaction, like the school clown acting out for attention.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Jim, I don't think I've ever met anybody, online or IRL, who is more "bubbled" than you. Sometimes I think you just type this crap to get a reaction, like the school clown acting out for attention.
                      Well, that is obviously because you have very little self awareness, CP. You can't even acknowledge you're a Trumpster even though you support and defend him at every turn. I don't live in a propaganda bubble, I can decipher facts from fiction, you, on the other hand, have shown with your continued defense of Trump, your parroting of the right wing excuses for Trumps corruption, that you can not. You're in the bubble!

Comment

Well, that is obviously because you have very little self awareness, CP.
                        Sure, Jim.

Comment

I'm attacking the messenger because the messenger is a fraud, not because his message can't be refuted. If you watched the testimony you'd know that the whole idea to investigate Biden was driven by this political hack, and that his reporting was full of lies or fake news if you will. Vindman, Kent, Fiona Hill, all under oath. You're problem, like MM, CP, rogue, et al, is that you live in that conservative bubble where they lie to you every day, and you just eat it up.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/vindman...ing-were-false
                          Dude, someone who has no problem criticizing Trump for his faults on this forum is not what a bubble makes. Someone who incessantly parrots "orange man bad" 24/7 and that Biden, Hillary, or any other politician from the democratic party can do no wrong and to suggest otherwise is because they're susceptible to conservative propaganda conspiracies, fake journalist hacks, Russian propaganda or whatever is the very definition of not just someone in a bubble, but a pretty psychotic one at that.

Comment

• Trump tells Nutty Nadler to take a hike.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hment-inquiry/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Trump tells Nutty Nadler to take a hike.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hment-inquiry/
                              Arguing process, not facts.

February 22, 2014
                              Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is ousted from power during a popular uprising in the country. He flees to Russia. After his ouster, Ukrainian officials begin a wide-ranging investigation into corruption in the country.

March 7, 2014
                              Lev Parnas, eventually an associate of former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, has his first known interaction with Donald Trump at a golf tournament in Florida.

March 1, 2014
                              Russia invades the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea, annexing it.

May 13, 2014
                              KEY EVENT Hunter Biden, a son of then-U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, joins the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings. It is owned by oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, one of several subjects of the Ukrainian corruption probe.

May 25, 2014
                              Petro Poroshenko is elected president of Ukraine.

February 10, 2015
                              Viktor Shokin becomes Ukraine’s prosecutor general.

Early 2015
                              Top State Department aide George Kent raises concerns about Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma, as he later testifies. Biden’s office turns him away and explains that the vice president does not have the "bandwidth" to deal with the issue at a time when his other son, Beau Biden, is dealing with cancer, according to Kent’s testimony.

September 24, 2015
                              Then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt blasts Shokin in a speech in Odessa, Ukraine. He points to a "glaring problem" that threatens the good work regional leaders are doing: "the failure of the institution of the prosecutor general of Ukraine to successfully fight internal corruption." He adds: "The United States stands behind those who challenge these bad actors."

October 8, 2015
                              Assistant U.S. Secretary of State Victoria Nuland testifies to the Senate that Shokin’s "office has to be reinvented as an institution that serves the citizens of Ukraine, rather than ripping them off."

December 8, 2015
                              KEY EVENT In Kyiv, Biden tells Ukrainian leaders to fire Shokin or lose more than $1 billion in loan guarantees. Biden joins many Western leaders in urging Shokin’s ouster.

February 10, 2016
                              The International Monetary Fund threatens to halt a bailout program for Ukraine unless the country addresses its corruption issues.

February 11, 2016
                              Biden speaks with Poroshenko by phone and emphasizes the urgency of rooting out corruption.

February 18, 2016
                              Biden speaks with Poroshenko again.

March 28, 2016
                              Paul Manafort is hired as Donald Trump’s presidential campaign chairman, where he is chiefly in charge of securing delegates at the Republican National Convention. Manafort formerly worked for Yanukovych's Party of Regions in Ukraine.

March 29, 2016
                              Shokin is ousted from his position by Ukraine’s parliament.
                              Last edited by firstfloor; 12-02-2019, 02:19 AM.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Arguing process, not facts.
                                Of course they're arguing process, because until there is a fair and impartial process in place, arguing the facts is pointless.

Comment