Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Trump and shove it.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Really, Jim.
      No, not really, CP.

It depends, Jim - in a civil trial, the defendant is not required to appear. In a criminal trial, he is not required to testify. Even in the case of a misdemeanor, the defendant may have his attorney appear for him.
      Either the defendent or defendents atty must appear if they want to win the case, CP. Same goes for the plaintiff. But this is not a civil case, so you're just changing the subject to save face for the silly statement you made.
      Don't believe everything you read in those talkingpoints, Jim.
      I don't, I only believe them when their true.
      Last edited by JimL; 12-02-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, not really, CP.
        Yup, really really, Jim.

Either the defendent or defendents atty must appear if they want to win the case, CP. Same goes for the plaintiff.
        Well, that's your new version after I skeweled you --- here's what you had originally said...
        Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Really CP? In an actual courtroom the defendent doesn't get to fail to appear.

Glad we cleared that up, and I'm always happy to be of assistance to you, Jim.

Just remember, the rules are different for civil and criminal, and even vary according to jurisdiction. AND, the rules in impeachment vary even more.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because he prefers to Tweet!
          Well of course, that way he can lie all he wants with no repercussions. He knows that you, his Trumpsters, won't hold it against him.

Comment

Yup, really really, Jim.

Well, that's your new version after I skeweled you --- here's what you had originally said...

Glad we cleared that up, and I'm always happy to be of assistance to you, Jim.

Just remember, the rules are different for civil and criminal, and even vary according to jurisdiction. AND, the rules in impeachment vary even more.
            Just remember we were not talking a civil case, so if anyone need remember that it's you CP. Your point is moot, not to mention idiotic.

Comment

Well of course, that way he can lie all he wants with no repercussions.
              No repercussions?

He knows that you, his Trumpsters, won't hold it against him.
              I'm seeing a pattern here, Jim --- whenever you can't actually make a solid case on something, you resort to this dishonest childish hooliganism. It's actually kinda cute.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                If that's really the standard they want to set then it begs the question why Democrats don't want Biden to be investigated.
                Trumps, and or his atty's, failure to appear shows a consciousness of guilt. Their problem is that they have no actual defence.

Comment

Just remember we were not talking a civil case, so if anyone need remember that it's you CP. Your point is moot, not to mention idiotic.
                  So, if it was moot, why did you argue so much against it? This the kind of thing you do when you get your clock cleaned.

The fact remains that a defendant is not always required to appear for trial - it depends on the type of trial and the venue.

Comment

No repercussions?

I'm seeing a pattern here, Jim --- whenever you can't actually make a solid case on something, you resort to this dishonest childish hooliganism. It's actually kinda cute.
                    I'm seeing a pattern here as well CP, you can't admit to your errors, so you deny them when they're pointed out to you and instead, like an arrogant jackass, attack those pointing them out to you.

Comment

I'm seeing a pattern here as well CP, you can't admit to your errors,
                      If you point out an actual error, and you're correct, I'll very gladly admit I'm wrong. I've done it a number of times here on Tweb, and it's no skin off my nose.

so you deny them when they're pointed out to you and instead,
                      Actually, Jim, you didn't point out any errors, to my knowledge, you just went to your "go to" "it's moot / idiotic" screed.

like an arrogant jackass, attack those pointing them out to you.
                      Awwwwww, did I hurt your feelings, Jim?

What error did I commit?
                      What "attack" did I make?

Comment

So, if it was moot, why did you argue so much against it? This the kind of thing you do when you get your clock cleaned.

The fact remains that a defendant is not always required to appear for trial - it depends on the type of trial and the venue.
                        You're not really that stupid are you, CP? Again, we are not talking about a civil trial, so if you're not really that stupid, try not to act as if you are.

Comment

You're not really that stupid are you, CP? Again, we are not talking about a civil trial, so if you're not really that stupid, try not to act as if you are.
                          How bout I come back when you get over this immature little steamer?

Comment

That's the CURRENT (as of a few hours ago) plan.

Yes, the Democrats, after promising there will be no partisan impeachment, are about to shoot themselves in both feet while both feet are in their mouths.

You'd have to believe that the founders' hopes would be that some dummy would come along and pervert the impeachment process into a political hackerbockle.

According to the Democrats, he already done did.

Americans have their very own century?
                            Is "hackerbockle" like "malarkey"?
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

You may have missed this earlier, Jim. I'll bold the pertinent part....
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              It depends, Jim - in a civil trial, the defendant is not required to appear. In a criminal trial, he is not required to testify. Even in the case of a misdemeanor, the defendant may have his attorney appear for him.
                              The term "misdemeanor", of course, indicates it's a criminal court, and happens to be the same word used in the US Constitution as one of the offenses for which impeachment can be commenced.

Do I Have to Appear in Court or Can My Attorney Appear for Me?

If you are a perpetrator of a misdemeanor, your attorney is allowed to appear in court for you. He/she may defend your rights without your presence on your behalf at all stages of your case. But, if your charge is brought for a felony you must take part in all stages including arraignment, plea, preliminary hearing, parts of a trial and sentencing at the court with your attorney.

So, as I said, even in a criminal case, the defendant may not be required to be present.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                Is "hackerbockle" like "malarkey"?
                                Laughing --- I saw that (malarkey) on the side of Biden's bus, and it inspired me to make up a word!

There's a Houston contractor who regularly uses that word...

Comment