Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    ...Apparently Trump has lost 94% of court cases as president and looks like he has a few more losses coming soon.....
    Got a cite for that?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      News Flash --- the election wasn't decided on popular vote, and both sides knew that, and campaigned accordingly. It is absolutely moronic to keep going back to "Well, GOSH, our team had a lot more hits, so just because the other team got more runs scored....." Moronic, I say.

Did I mention it's moronic?

People who keep bringing that up need to be tied to a wagon wheel and peed on by stray dogs.
      It's no different than some fool proclaiming that because his team scored more total runs during the World Series that his team should have won, ignoring the fact that everyone understood that what matters is who wins the most games and it does not matter at all by how many runs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        All the Repubs can do is attack the process and the personalities, because they already know, as well as the whole world knows, that Trump is guilty, and he is fighting only for is tarnished brand, while filling his pockets with foreign money from dictators looking for a Trump favour.
        Little jimmy called. He wants his bong back.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Little jimmy called. He wants his bong back.
          You could always lend him yours.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Jim, just like a judge can toss out a case that has no actual evidence, so can the Senate. They already know what the articles say and what evidence the Democrats have presented (i.e. none) and so McConnell can say that it is going nowhere. That is not ignoring his oath. That is upholding the constitution.
            Who cares about niceties like "evidence" and "laws" when getting rid of the bad orange man is at stake?

Comment

You could always lend him yours.

I think I threw it out after the basement flooded a few years ago. Dang thing leaked anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Less than 50 % of the voters supported Trump, so....
                This just in ---- with the addition of new polling from this morning, the national average is actually more people AGAINST impeachment and removal than for it...

lines crossed.jpg

GREAT JOB, Partisan Dems!

Comment

This just in ---- with the addition of new polling from this morning, the national average is actually more people AGAINST impeachment and removal than for it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41442[/ATTACH]
                  And again, the biggest shifts are being seen among Independents.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    And again, the biggest shifts are being seen among Independents.
                    EGGzackly.... with all the help the partisan Dems are getting from the MSM, you'd think support for impeachment and removal would be climbing!

Comment

EGGzackly.... with all the help the partisan Dems are getting from the MSM, you'd think support for impeachment and removal would be climbing!
                      I think it was last Friday when polls were showing that Trump has a higher approval rating than the Obamessiah did at the same point during his first term.

Considering that Trump has faced non-stop 24/7 criticism from the MSM (including numerous made-up claims) whereas Obama received nothing but praise (if you disagreed with any of his policies you were immediately branded a racist) you'd think that Obama would have been 20-30 points higher than Trump.

Comment

• Wow, Dufus Schumer is making a big speech (actually, laboriously reading it) demanding a fair trial in the Senate.

What a pompous hineybo. Now he's having to answer questions where he's backtracking on what he's said about impeachment in the past.

It's kinda like, "OK, so the House botched this thing really badly -- we (the Senate minority) demand that the Republican majority in the Senate do things OUR way).

Comment

• The mainstream media have accused leading Republicans of destroying the possibility of a “fair trial” in the Senate after President Donald Trump is impeached because many have said they have made up their minds he is not guilty.

The media have conveniently ignored the fact that many Senate Democrats, including most of the Senators running for the Democratic presidential nomination, declared long ago that they had made up their minds Trump was guilty.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...n-impeachment/
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Wow, Dufus Schumer is making a big speech (actually, laboriously reading it) demanding a fair trial in the Senate.

What a pompous hineybo. Now he's having to answer questions where he's backtracking on what he's said about impeachment in the past.

It's kinda like, "OK, so the House botched this thing really badly -- we (the Senate minority) demand that the Republican majority in the Senate do things OUR way).
                            After the House was so fair? They didn't even let Republicans get a word in edgewise.

But I think the Senate will be fair. They will fairly dismiss the case on lack of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The source you linked to says:

In 1832,for example, the House vested a select committee with subpoena power “to inquire whether an attempt was made by the late Secretary of War...[to] fraudulently [award]...a contract for supplying rations” to Native Americans...

The rest doesn't matter because the key point is in the first few words, that the House must vest a committee with subpoena power. This never happened during the impeachment inquiry because the matter was never put up for a vote.
                              Those committees already were vested with congressional powers including subpoena upon formation. They are all permanent committees, they weren’t specially made for this impeachment.

Congress has investigation powers which is an implied power for legislation. The idea being that they can’t legislate effectively without being able to investigate what they are legislating. Makes sense. Investigations come with subpoena power because how can you investigate if you can’t get information you need.

The example you posted is a committee set up for that specific purpose to investigate. It says ‘subpoena power’ because that’s what this case is about but it just means it was authorised to investigate that specific thing. They wouldn’t have made the committee and then later had a vote to specifically give it subpoena power.

Comment

Got a cite for that?
                                My mother told me.

Comment