Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    What do you think that the Hose Democrats have been doing the past month or so? I mean aside from making complete and utter fools of themselves?
    They have been gathering evidence and battling obstruction of the Congress of the United States. And now they are moving towards impeachment of the POTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      But the public has already heard the case. What do you think the Democrats have been doing the last several months years? It's not McConnell's fault that the impeachment inquiry was corruptly and incompetently handled.
      fify
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        They have been gathering evidence and battling obstruction of the Congress of the United States.
        That's a lie straight from the pits of hell still reeking of sulfur. It's not CONGRESS - it's the very PARTISAN portion of ONE COMMITTEE of ONE HOUSE of Congress.

And now they are moving towards impeachment of the POTUS.
        Bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          What do you think that the Hose Democrats have been doing the past month or so? I mean aside from making complete and utter fools of themselves?
          Freudian slip?

Hoseheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            But the public has already heard the case. What do you think the Democrats have been doing the last several months? It's not McConnell's fault that the impeachment inquiry was corruptly and incompetently handled.
            No case has been made yet. Trump has not been impeached. All you have heard so far is investigative work that Repubs wanted done in public, so that they could put on a show for their Dear Leader, hoping for his approval, and to avoid being tweeted at; Trump disciples his followers with tweets, because they are spineless and easily bend to his will.

Comment

No case has been made yet.
              Try though they may!

Trump has not been impeached.
              Do you have any doubt he will be? (I'm having a deja vu)

All you have heard so far is investigative work that Repubs wanted done in public, so that they could put on a show for their Dear Leader, hoping for his approval, and to avoid being tweeted at; Trump disciples his followers with tweets, because they are spineless and easily bend to his will.
              Onward through the fog!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                No case has been made yet. Trump has not been impeached. All you have heard so far is investigative work that Repubs wanted done in public...
                Either you're trolling, or you're profoundly ignorant (but then I concede these are not mutually exclusive). The Articles of Impeachment are literally the case for impeachment. It's the equivalent of the prosecution resting. This isn't an episode of Perry Mason where the case winning evidence is being held back for a dramatic reveal just as all seems lost.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Freudian slip?

Hoseheads.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Longer quote from McConnell:

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      That's a lie straight from the pits of hell still reeking of sulfur. It's not CONGRESS - it's the very PARTISAN portion of ONE COMMITTEE of ONE HOUSE of Congress.

Comment

They all take the same oath, regarding one constitution.
                        That has absolutely nothing to do with claiming that something comes from "Congress" (all members of both the House and the Senate) when it really came from some partisans on ONE committee.

"working together for the common good"

These are POLITICIANS we're talking about, not Jesus and His Disciples!

Comment

That has absolutely nothing to do with claiming that something comes from "Congress" (all members of both the House and the Senate) when it really came from some partisans on ONE committee.

"working together for the common good"

These are POLITICIANS we're talking about, not Jesus and His Disciples!
                          A committee is a sub-organisation that does work for the parent organisation. It is part of the whole. The politicians come and go and only the best deserve to be part of it. It is not difficult to recognise good people.

Meanwhile, Trump writes a letter to Pelosi - an undignified rant - possibly itself grounds for impeachment.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 12-17-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• And on it goes:

Comment

A committee is a sub-organisation that does work for the parent organisation.
                              You REALLY think I don't know that?

It is part of the whole.
                              It was a very PARTISAN part of ONE committee of ONE HALF (one of the houses of Congress) of ONE THIRD of the (three branches of) our Government.

The politicians come and go and only the best deserve to be part of it.
                              Unfortunately, it's the RICH that become pat of it, for money is, indeed, the mother's milk of politics.

It is not difficult to recognise good people.
                              That's why you like me so much.

Meanwhile, Trump writes a letter to Pelosi - an undignified rant - possibly itself grounds for impeachment.
                              Let them add that to the list! (Though the Articles have already been written)

Comment

You REALLY think I don't know that?

It was a very PARTISAN part of ONE committee of ONE HALF (one of the houses of Congress) of ONE THIRD of the (three branches of) our Government.

Unfortunately, it's the RICH that become pat of it, for money is, indeed, the mother's milk of politics.

That's why you like me so much.

Let them add that to the list! (Though the Articles have already been written)

Comment