Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
    A committee is a sub-organisation that does work for the parent organisation. It is part of the whole.
    In this case, the committee in question was never authorized to speak for the whole.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Now that you are under sustained attack from Russia and cooperating elements within your own Government circles, you can identify your enemies because they attack the State’s vital institutions, just when they are most needed.
      Such as the Office of the President?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        There is too much money in American politics.
        Absolutely agreed! Term limits would help, because you have to have a ton of money to run for office, then stay long enough to get richer than you were when you ran for the office.

The Congress could make rules to fix that if they wanted.
        That would be like the hogs voting to reduce their food supply.

It is vital that politicians and judges look after the institutions that they serve.
        I wish.

Now that you are under sustained attack from Russia and cooperating elements within your own Government circles, you can identify your enemies because they attack the State’s vital institutions, just when they are most needed.
        You probably don't remember Crooked Hillary yukkin' it up with the Rooskies while pushing the "overcharge" button, or Obama whispering sweet nothings like "After this election, we can be better buddies"....

The Russians the left hates now are the same ones they were playing footsies and kissyface with before Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Such as the Office of the President?
          POTUS is the enemy. That is why he is being impeached; to “cleanse the office”. You are a collaborator.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The Russians the left hates now are the same ones they were playing footsies and kissyface with before Trump.
            What are the chances that the Democrats are conspiring with Russia in their plot against Trump?

Comment

What are the chances that the Democrats are conspiring with Russia in their plot against Trump?
              cute foreign policy.jpeg collusion.jpeg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

POTUS is the enemy. That is why he is being impeached; to “cleanse the office”. You are a collaborator.
                Fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  He may well be impeached, but removed? It's just the incredibly partisan left pitching a walleyed hissy because their 'guy' lost.
                  Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-17-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Fake news.
                    You're a collaborator, MM. You know what means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      That's a lie straight from the pits of hell still reeking of sulfur. It's not CONGRESS - it's the very PARTISAN portion of ONE COMMITTEE of ONE HOUSE of Congress.

Bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.

Actually 2 Partisan committees

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        Actually 2 Partisan committees
                        Yeah, cause Schiffty Adam improperly started it in the Intelligence Committee.

So the PARTISAN members of the WRONG committee of ONE HOUSE of the Congress, which is ONE THIRD of the branches of government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          The evidence and witnesses are to be presented by the House. Then they pass it to the Senate to judge. The Senate doesn't do investigation. That would be taking the power from the House.
                          I am fine if they want to call witnesses though. They would be calling witnesses that supported Trump, just like the Democrats only called witnesses to condemn Trump. The whole House investigation and impeachment was a joke. They provided no actual evidence of a crime, and now that they know how weak their case is, they want to have a do-over in the Senate. But they are the minority there and have no power. It would only be fair if the Republicans treated the Democrats in the Senate the way the Democrats in the House treated the Republican Representatives.
                          But ya'll complianed that there was no first hand testimony, that it was all circumstantial, so wouldn't you like now to hear those first hand witnesses that Trump blocked from testifying so that you can determine whether all that second hand testimony that incriminates the President is true or false. my guess is no, you don't, or you wouldn't be making excuses for yourselves like in the above quote, i.e. ('thats just how the system works, so too bad.') That incriminates your lack of concern for the truth!
                          The Democrats made their bed and now they have to lie in it.
                          No, you're sleeping in a bed of lies and if you're lucky those of us that are awake will save you before your dream turns into a nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            But ya'll complianed that there was no first hand testimony, that it was all circumstantial, so wouldn't you like now to hear those first hand witnesses that Trump blocked from testifying so that you can determine whether all that second hand testimony that incriminates the President is true or false. my guess is no, you don't, or you wouldn't be making excuses for yourselves like in the above quote, i.e. ('thats just how the system works, so too bad.') That incriminates your lack of concern for the truth!

No, you're sleeping in a bed of lies and if you're lucky those of us that are awake will save you before your dream turns into a nightmare.
                            The Democrats don't need us to make fools of themselves, Jim -- they're doing enough of that on their own. The more the American people hear about this sham, the less they like it.

So, can you pretty please tell me what your source for your incredibly wrong info is these days? Like, where did you get that bit about the House having to abide by rules already set?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              When you use absurdly incendiary language like this, JimL, it's a sure sign you have nothing to stand on, and are attempting to goad us into not seeing that.
                              So, you're hoping to hear from those first hand witnesses that Trump blocked from testifying and will agree that the trial is no trial at all, that it's a cover-up, if the Senate Republicans refuse to call them? Of course you don't want to hear them, and you won't agree it's a cover-up, you've all made that clear already. What you want is confirmation of what you've been arguing for these past few years, So, like I said to Sparko, your excuses incriminate your lack of concern for the truth. If you find that language incindiary, well, it is, but absurd, it obviously is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                So, you're hoping to hear from those first hand witnesses that Trump blocked from testifying and will agree that the trial is no trial at all, that it's a cover-up, if the Senate Republicans refuse to call them? Of course you don't want to hear them, and you won't agree it's a cover-up, you've all made that clear already. What you want is confirmation of what you've been arguing for these past few years, So, like I said to Sparko, your excuses incriminate your lack of concern for the truth. If you find that language incindiary, well, it is, but absurd, it obviously is not.
                                Is that the smell of.... desperation?

Jim - the Democrats could have waited for court rulings, or they could have done a better job doing their homework, or they could have made a better presentation, but they were in a stinkin' big hurry to get this sham moving along, believing they could sucker the American people into buying their con.

The more they talk, the less the American people support impeachment.

Even CNN's poll shows that....

cnn.jpg

Comment