Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shep Smith leaves Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shep Smith leaves Fox

By far the most vocal critic of Trump over at Fox News has tendered his resignation effective immediately: https://www.apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The propaganda got to him. Fox is the ‘fake news’ network.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Just purely as a point of personal annoyance: I hope this will reduce the incidences of people quoting him and saying, "Look, even Fox News is saying X!"
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think Shepherd Smith is going to find that he will be about as popular outside of FOX News as Megyn Kelly was. He was somewhat of a novelty at FOX, but he'll be lost among the sea of anti-Trump talking heads anywhere else.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          The propaganda got to him. Fox is the ‘fake news’ network.
          Fox News also airs anti-trump thoughts from CNN and MSNBC, so you hear both sides of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            Fox News also airs anti-trump thoughts from CNN and MSNBC, so you hear both sides of an issue.
            I dont think that quite counts. Or perhaps more to the point. CNN and MSNBC also air pro- Trump comments from fox, so by your approach, we should consider them giving both sides as well.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              By far the most vocal critic of Trump over at Fox News has tendered his resignation effective immediately: https://www.apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959
              They leave under fire or end up working for Trump if the warm their cheeks and tow the line.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                . . . with more than a touch of sarcasm, and without Shepherd Smith less.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I like Shepard Smith. But after 23 years, the guy can retire if he wants to.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Ever since I heard of an incident where he F-bombed a woman (and allegedly ran into her with his car) in the parking lot over a parking spot, and F-bombed a waitress in a bar for not refilling his drink quickly enough, and totally losing his cool on more than a few occasions - I was never a fan.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      I like Shepard Smith. But after 23 years, the guy can retire if he wants to.
                      Well before the 2016 election I got tired of his habit of inserting editorial comments into news stories. When the news is on I want news not opinion. They already have a ton of opinion shows.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Well before the 2016 election I got tired of his habit of inserting editorial comments into news stories. When the news is on I want news not opinion. They already have a ton of opinion shows.
                        I think that has to do with his arrogance - he appeared to think his commentary was as important as the news.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Ever since I heard of an incident where he F-bombed a woman (and allegedly ran into her with his car) in the parking lot over a parking spot, and F-bombed a waitress in a bar for not refilling his drink quickly enough, and totally losing his cool on more than a few occasions - I was never a fan.
                          He always struck me as an arrogant know-it-all.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I think Shepherd Smith is going to find that he will be about as popular outside of FOX News as Megyn Kelly was. He was somewhat of a novelty at FOX, but he'll be lost among the sea of anti-Trump talking heads anywhere else.
                            Really, AFAICT it had reached the point where he was only a "novelty" by being the only gay person with a full-time hosting job. Or maybe by being the only opinion guy allowed to pretend he was a news guy.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Just purely as a point of personal annoyance: I hope this will reduce the incidences of people quoting him and saying, "Look, even Fox News is saying X!"
                              Prediction: he goes full-on anti-Trump and gets a huge role on CNN or MSNBC, and everyone on the left will say: " Look, even Fox News hosts are turning on Trump."

Comment