Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Leftists And Red Flag Laws...

  1. #1
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,585
    Amen (Given)
    1826
    Amen (Received)
    5254

    Leftists And Red Flag Laws...

    Another good reason why red flag laws are questionable...

    Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) suggested Friday that controversial "red flag" laws should be used against conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.


    In a tweet, Swalwell said Shapiro is "reason 1,578 America needs red flag laws."

    "Please tell me this lunatic does not own a gun," Swalwell said.

    The Democratic lawmaker was responding to comments from Shapiro's Friday podcast. A Media Matters reporter highlighted the comments, stripping them of their context, to make it appear that Shapiro was advocating violence — and it worked.

    https://www.theblaze.com/news/eric-s...his-lgbt-views
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  2. #2
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    412

    Given his low and static polling, it’s hard to tell what, exactly, Beto O’Rourke hopes to accomplish by staying in the presidential race. But while his actual goal seems a bit elusive, he is increasingly playing a very specific role: the human straw man, the embodiment of every seemingly irrational conservative fear about what the left really wants.
    - State

    Right enough, Ben is a cool, good looking, fast talking, dude, but I think he is getting carried away. Beto is not a threat.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,191
    Amen (Given)
    127
    Amen (Received)
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    the embodiment of every seemingly irrational conservative fear about what the left really wants.
    'seeming irrational' = he actually shows that many conservatives fears are true. At least the fake Hispanic is truthful about what his side ultimately wants.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

  4. #4
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,161
    Amen (Given)
    219
    Amen (Received)
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Another good reason why red flag laws are questionable...
    This is so easy to see coming. I'll never forgive Trump if he supports this.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  6. #5
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,097
    Amen (Given)
    12389
    Amen (Received)
    26542
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    - State

    Right enough, Ben is a cool, good looking, fast talking, dude, but I think he is getting carried away. Beto is not a threat.
    Agreed, because Beto is such a BOZO.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  7. #6
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,585
    Amen (Given)
    1826
    Amen (Received)
    5254
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    This is so easy to see coming. I'll never forgive Trump if he supports this.
    Nothing has passed yet - correct?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  8. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,097
    Amen (Given)
    12389
    Amen (Received)
    26542
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Nothing has passed yet - correct?
    Here's a pretty good update on that.

    red flag laws.jpg
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  9. #8
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,585
    Amen (Given)
    1826
    Amen (Received)
    5254
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm talking on the Federal level. We have had it in my state for a while, haven't seen any real problems so far. But the potential for abuse is great.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  10. #9
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,097
    Amen (Given)
    12389
    Amen (Received)
    26542
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I'm talking on the Federal level. We have had it in my state for a while, haven't seen any real problems so far. But the potential for abuse is great.
    I'm hoping they leave this to the states. As far as I know, the Colorado law seems to be the most likely model for any federal legislation.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  11. #10
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Agreed, because Beto is such a BOZO.
    Yes, he looks like a dud. How about we team up to promote a ‘murder tax’ whereby, gun manufacturers cough up $100M for every victim of one of their guns. Would that keep everyone happy?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •