Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists And Red Flag Laws...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftists And Red Flag Laws...

Another good reason why red flag laws are questionable...

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) suggested Friday that controversial "red flag" laws should be used against conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.

In a tweet, Swalwell said Shapiro is "reason 1,578 America needs red flag laws."

"Please tell me this lunatic does not own a gun," Swalwell said.

The Democratic lawmaker was responding to comments from Shapiro's Friday podcast. A Media Matters reporter highlighted the comments, stripping them of their context, to make it appear that Shapiro was advocating violence — and it worked.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/eric-s...his-lgbt-views
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Given his low and static polling, it’s hard to tell what, exactly, Beto O’Rourke hopes to accomplish by staying in the presidential race. But while his actual goal seems a bit elusive, he is increasingly playing a very specific role: the human straw man, the embodiment of every seemingly irrational conservative fear about what the left really wants.
    - State

Right enough, Ben is a cool, good looking, fast talking, dude, but I think he is getting carried away. Beto is not a threat.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      the embodiment of every seemingly irrational conservative fear about what the left really wants.
      'seeming irrational' = he actually shows that many conservatives fears are true. At least the fake Hispanic is truthful about what his side ultimately wants.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Another good reason why red flag laws are questionable...
        This is so easy to see coming. I'll never forgive Trump if he supports this.

Comment

- State

Right enough, Ben is a cool, good looking, fast talking, dude, but I think he is getting carried away. Beto is not a threat.
          Agreed, because Beto is such a BOZO.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            This is so easy to see coming. I'll never forgive Trump if he supports this.
            Nothing has passed yet - correct?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Nothing has passed yet - correct?
              Here's a pretty good update on that.

red flag laws.jpg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Here's a pretty good update on that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40232[/ATTACH]
                I'm talking on the Federal level. We have had it in my state for a while, haven't seen any real problems so far. But the potential for abuse is great.

Comment

I'm talking on the Federal level. We have had it in my state for a while, haven't seen any real problems so far. But the potential for abuse is great.
                  I'm hoping they leave this to the states. As far as I know, the Colorado law seems to be the most likely model for any federal legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Agreed, because Beto is such a BOZO.
                    Yes, he looks like a dud. How about we team up to promote a ‘murder tax’ whereby, gun manufacturers cough up $100M for every victim of one of their guns. Would that keep everyone happy?
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Yes, he looks like a dud. How about we team up to promote a ‘murder tax’ whereby, gun manufacturers cough up $100M for every victim of one of their guns. Would that keep everyone happy?
                      That is just stupid, how about $100M for every victim of of car accident?

Comment

If you can prove that a gun manufacturer murdered anybody, let's talk.

Comment

But only in cases where a car actually murdered somebody.

Comment

Trump suggested red flagging Chris Cuomo a month or two ago as well, and this was discussed on here, so it's weird that you didn't bring this talking point up then. But I don't think this is a strong argument against red flag laws because the way they are designed, they can't be ordered by any given politician against opponents.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When do I get my check?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment