Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists And Red Flag Laws...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

When do I get my check?
    It's in the mail. Just keep watching your mailbox.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's in the mail. Just keep watching your mailbox.
      I've got two scopes on it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you can prove that a gun manufacturer murdered anybody, let's talk.
        That sort of connection is unnecessary. In the UK, we pay a road tax that goes by engine size and has nothing to do with how you use the roads.

In this case, all that is required is to be able to anticipate the beneficial consequences of taxing guns, if there are any, and give the voters a chance to adopt such a scheme. The money raised can be used to help victims of gun crimes, and by making guns more expensive, fewer people will buy them. Everybody wins.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          That sort of connection is unnecessary.
          Actually, it is. The liberals will try their best to make it NOT necessary, but due process says it is.

In the UK, we pay a road tax that goes by engine size and has nothing to do with how you use the roads.
          This is the USofA - I can't help it if you have goofy laws. (And, I bet if you don't operate your vehicle - regardless of its engine size - on the public roadways, you don't even have to pay the tax, eh?)

In this case, all that is required is to be able to anticipate the beneficial consequences of taxing guns, if there are any, and give the voters a chance to adopt such a scheme. The money raised can be used to help victims of gun crimes, and by making guns more expensive, fewer people will buy them. Everybody wins.
          This is why I'm glad you're just a foreign internet and have no power over American politics or law.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, it is. The liberals will try their best to make it NOT necessary, but due process says it is.

This is the USofA - I can't help it if you have goofy laws. (And, I bet if you don't operate your vehicle - regardless of its engine size - on the public roadways, you don't even have to pay the tax, eh?)

This is why I'm glad you're just a foreign internet and have no power over American politics or law.
            Yes, we have Statutory Off Road Notification when you don’t need insurance or registration.

Regarding your last point, remember Russkie interference. Obviously, firstfloor is not that sophisticated, but neither is he completely inert. firstfloor has heard the story of Robert the Bruce and the spider.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Yes, we have Statutory Off Road Notification when you don’t need insurance or registration.
              Looking at that legislation, it's no wonder why you have such a screwed up notion of "private property".

Regarding your last point, remember Russkie interference.
              We don't need no Britskie interference either!
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-14-2019, 02:31 PM. Reason: messed up my double negative

Comment

Looking at that legislation, it's no wonder why you have such a screwed up notion of "private property".

We don't need no Britskie interference either!
                Your signature displays a very negative attitude towards problem solving. You might not believe this but I happen to be a professional problem solver and I am capable of adapting my skills to just about anything. I want you to be able to rely on my assistance whenever it is needed. I remain as ever, solidly behind or in front of you, depending on the occasion.

Comment

Your signature displays a very negative attitude towards problem solving.
                  It's a joke, kinda.

You might not believe this but I happen to be a professional problem solver and I am capable of adapting my skills to just about anything.
                  I have been in crisis management and problem resolution for decades - I am the problem whisperer.

I want you to be able to rely on my assistance whenever it is needed. I remain as ever, solidly behind or in front of you, depending on the occasion.
                  That actually gave me a chuckle. With friends like you.....

Comment