Thread: Crying out to the LORD

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Crying out to the LORD

I don't like the evil in the world, so i pray about it. Even though it doesn't affect me personally. Why do I care so much about fellow humans that I don't know? I don't know them, but God does and I want the oppressors and bullies of the world to repent and come to Jesus for salvation. I want the oppressed to find their true hope in Christ. I want innocent babies to not be killed. And I know God hates evil more than I ever could. I trust that He knows what He is doing. I can still cry out to the Lord on the behalf of others anyway, right?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

2. Amen DesertBerean, TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I don't like the evil in the world, so i pray about it. Even though it doesn't affect me personally. Why do I care so much about fellow humans that I don't know? I don't know them, but God does and I want the oppressors and bullies of the world to repent and come to Jesus for salvation. I want the oppressed to find their true hope in Christ. I want innocent babies to not be killed. And I know God hates evil more than I ever could. I trust that He knows what He is doing. I can still cry out to the Lord on the behalf of others anyway, right?
    Absolutely you can cry out to the Lord. I know of no Bible verse that says this isn't a permitted petition to bring to God.

I suggest that as soon as you know about an evil, whether it's close to you or far, far away, it affects you. Just the knowledge of evil drags us down. Now I think God more wants us to fight the evil we can than pray about the distant evil that besides prayer we can do nothing about. Yet to repeat, that I know of no reason not bring those petitions to God.

You have a heart for having the world restored to as God intended it to be. Seeing the world as it is, should make us grieve for the damage, pray for change, and seek what we can minister to.

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

4. Amen LostSheep, lee_merrill amen'd this post.