Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    That you’re as bad as the YEConlist.
    You failed.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Coming from you, that’s a badge of honor. The one that attacks strawman of my positions, makes me try to defend positions I do not hold to, and refuses to admit to being wrong and prefers bearing a false witness, is not in the position to critique others. You’re the YEC onlist here Jim because to you, Trump is the antichrist and anyone that disagrees is labeled as ‘defying reality’ so you do not have to face your poorly thought out logic and contradictions. You have become the Jorge of civics, rather you see it or not, is your problem and much like Jorge, you could make good points if you were not stuck in the ‘only True ChristiansTM agree with me!’ mode. Quite sad, really.
      you really failed ... sorry pix .

I'll be glad to take you seriously when you get serious. Rants about how bad you think I am are going to get exactly as much attention as they deserve.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        He really is - Schiff looks like such a loony that it's easy for Trump's defenders to see this as simply a revenge for Hillary's losing the election.
        That is where I believe you are wrong. This isn't about sour grapes revenge for Hillary losing the election. This is about having a man in the office of the president that is genuinely perceived as a threat to the national security of the United States.

What is so difficult to understand is why you, MM, and others can't see that many of his actions since before the 2016 campaign, and especially actions like what has taken place wrt Giulianni et al in the Ukraine (use of presidential power to effect the success of a potential campaign opponent) and wrt the Kurds (abandoning a military ally after they have lost thousands of life fighting on our behalf) are just that - threats to the national security of the United States initiated for personal gain.

These are real issues, and polls show the majority of americans see it that way. These are not the trivial issues so many try to paint them to be on these pages.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-21-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          you really failed ... sorry pix .

I'll be glad to take you seriously when you get serious. Rants about how bad you think I am are going to get exactly as much attention as they deserve.
          In other words, you’ll charge full steam ahead, straight into a brick wall, rather than listen to anyone pointing out the quickly approaching wall. You’re not ‘bad’ at all and I even said you were smart and could make a pretty good case against Trump if you were not so wrapped up in your belief he’s the Antichrist. If anything, I feel as sorry for you as I do Jorge, two people that could actually make a decent point, if they only dropped their extremism.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

In other words, you’ll charge full steam ahead, straight into a brick wall, rather than listen to anyone pointing out the quickly approaching wall. You’re not ‘bad’ at all and I even said you were smart and could make a pretty good case against Trump if you were not so wrapped up in your belief he’s the Antichrist. If anything, I feel as sorry for you as I do Jorge, two people that could actually make a decent point, if they only dropped their extremism.
            I'll be glad to consider any INFORMATION you bring into your posts. Paragraph long lists of negative adjectives that apparently give you some kind of emotional catharsis, however, are NOT the sort of 'information' I will consider.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I'll be glad to consider any INFORMATION you bring into your posts. Paragraph long lists of negative adjectives that apparently give you some kind of emotional catharsis are NOT information.

Jim
              Pot, meet kettle. Beyond your, “This is so terrible, why do you support such a person!!!” what do you bring to the table? Blanket accusations, partisan spin, your own belief that Trump is the Antichrist and supporting him, or not freaking out every time something happens makes you a horrible person, etc is what you bring to the table. In other words, nothing.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is where I believe you are wrong. This isn't about sour grapes revenge for Hillary losing the election.
                And I believe you are wrong. I don't think that's ALL of it, but I certainly believe that's one of the elements.

This is about having a man in the office of the president that is genuinely perceived as a threat to the national security of the United States.
                And I think there's a degree of Chicken Little in that, Jim.

What is so difficult to understand is why you, MM, and others can't see that many of his actions since before the 2016 campaign, and especially actions like what has taken place wrt Giulianni et al in the Ukraine (use of presidential power to effect the success of a potential campaign opponent) and wrt the Kurds (abandoning a military ally after they have lost thousands of life fighting on our behalf) are just that - threats to the national security of the United States initiated for personal gain.
                So, after pleading that we "start over" (however you worded it), here you are STILL lumping me in with others, ASSUMING you know what I think and believe.

Jim -- if you truly want to know what I believe, ASK! Just like I wasn't sure what you were saying earlier, and I ASKED --- I did not assume. I am NOT defending Trump's actions, I have NEVER defended his character --- I'm simply amazed at the Chicken Little response to Trump, and the incredibly unprofessional manner in which the Democrats are handling this situation.

These are real issues, and polls show the majority of americans see it that way. These are not the trivial issues so many try to paint them to be on these pages.

Jim
                Please show ANY post of mine where I have indicated to ANY DEGREE that Trump's antics are "trivial".

Try harder, Jim.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's not so difficult to understand once you realize that your paranoid delusions do not reflect reality.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And I believe you are wrong. I don't think that's ALL of it, but I certainly believe that's one of the elements.

And I think there's a degree of Chicken Little in that, Jim.
                    I don't see how CP. Given how he has undermined our relationship with NATO, the abuses in Ukraine, and the action related to Turkey and the Kurds and his tendency to show deference to Putin. These alone show that he will chose his own interests over those of the US. And that doesn't address the issue of competence where he assumes his own gut instincts are better guides that the counsel of experts and career intelligence officers, where he discounts the advice of his generals and staff. There is more. There really isn't Chicken Little in this at all. That sort of comment is what I simply do NOT understand.

So, after pleading that we "start over" (however you worded it), here you are STILL lumping me in with others, ASSUMING you know what I think and believe.

Really?

CP - I can not anticipate when something I say will make you upset. Above you call my comment 'a little bit of chicken little.' And given what trump has done, I can't fathom that - at all. For you to say that means that AFAICT you are more in the MM camp of understanding as it relates to Trump than not. Which as far as I can tell makes my comment not far off. OTOH, I'm not slamming you when I say that, I'm saying I don't understand how you (or others) can say what you say about the issues regarding Trump.

Jim -- if you truly want to know what I believe, ASK! Just like I wasn't sure what you were saying earlier, and I ASKED --- I did not assume. I am NOT defending Trump's actions, I have NEVER defended his character --- I'm simply amazed at the Chicken Little response to Trump, and the incredibly unprofessional manner in which the Democrats are handling this situation.
                    CP - is your position that the issues I describe in the post you were responding to when you wrote the text above represent threats to the national security of the US?

Please show ANY post of mine where I have indicated to ANY DEGREE that Trump's antics are "trivial".
                    Remember you said "ANY DEGREE":

"That is a little bit Chicken Little" would be a start. Characterizing schiff's reactions to what trump has done as sour grapes over a Hillary loss would be another.

Try harder, Jim.
                    I am trying CP. Ask yourself how you would have responded to a post with the same character and attitude as the one I am responding to now.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-21-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      It's not so difficult to understand once you realize that your paranoid delusions do not reflect reality.
                      MM - what you call paranoid delusions are the simple facts of the case. And while I can't stop you from parading your infatuation with denial, I can certainly note that Trumps abandonment of the Kurds is a very real event that has cost him support in the senate, and that his strong arming of Ukraine to get dirt on Biden and his son is also quite real as has been confirmed by multiple witnesses and multiple testimonies. To a certain extent, if you are this removed from reality, then I can know there is nothing logical or factual I can say that will change your position, and so I don't really need to be concerned about that. OTOH, there are a large number of people in this country equally removed from reality - and that is a big problem.

Jim

Comment

Pot, meet kettle. Beyond your, “This is so terrible, why do you support such a person!!!” what do you bring to the table? Blanket accusations, partisan spin, your own belief that Trump is the Antichrist and supporting him, or not freaking out every time something happens makes you a horrible person, etc is what you bring to the table. In other words, nothing.
                        Another failure to present any substance. That's 3 in a row!

But I know you are capable if you put your mind to it, and I can be patient.

Jim

Comment

I don't see how CP.
                          I give up.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Another failure to present any substance. That's 3 in a row!

But I know you are capable if you put your mind to it, and I can be patient.

Jim
                            Substance is give to those who provide it. Which you don’t. Too bad you just want to be a bitter old man... what a waste.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I give up.
                              You give up way too easily CP.

First, I'm not attacking you. I'm trying very hard to work with you. And I assure you, you are not the only one that sees the other fellows responses as outside what is reasonable given what was said. And yet, compare the two. I'm not jumping down your throat. I'm trying to understand you.

It takes two CP.

Jim

Comment

You give up way too easily CP.
                                No sir, I've been trying.

First, I'm not attacking you.
                                Never said you did - I said you're grouping me in with others with whom you appear to be at war.

I'm trying very hard to work with you. And I assure you, you are not the only one that sees the other fellows responses as outside what is reasonable given what was said.

It takes two CP.

Jim
                                Except I respond to you as a person, Jim - you're so fixated on Trump that you group anybody who opposes you together.

Comment