Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 325

Thread: The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

  1. #91
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    And then there's this:

    Nancy Pelosi released a “fact sheet” outlining her justification for the impeachment process. Within the justification Speaker Pelosi/Lawfare intentionally conflates investigating past political corruption/interference (2016) with the current 2020 election.

    Speaker Pelosi’s self-serving position boils down to: any effort by the executive branch to investigate prior political corruption is grounds for presidential impeachment.

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-impeachment/

    Sketchy sketchy sketchy!

    And if you want to know what has the Democrats so spooked, this is required reading:

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a-cover-story/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #92
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,117
    Amen (Given)
    354
    Amen (Received)
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And then there's this:

    Nancy Pelosi released a “fact sheet” outlining her justification for the impeachment process. Within the justification Speaker Pelosi/Lawfare intentionally conflates investigating past political corruption/interference (2016) with the current 2020 election.

    Speaker Pelosi’s self-serving position boils down to: any effort by the executive branch to investigate prior political corruption is grounds for presidential impeachment.

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-impeachment/

    Sketchy sketchy sketchy!

    And if you want to know what has the Democrats so spooked, this is required reading:

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a-cover-story/
    I seriously doubt there is much on that site that I would consider 'required reading'.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  3. #93
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I seriously doubt there is much on that site that I would consider 'required reading'.
    Of course. Who needs facts when you have the truth?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  4. #94
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    Now we have Democrats up in arms because Trump compared the impeachment nonsense going on in the House to a "lynching". Liberals, of course, are absurdly decrying this as racist.

    But in 1998, that's exactly how Democrat Jerry Nadler described the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-bill-clinton/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  6. #95
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,117
    Amen (Given)
    354
    Amen (Received)
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Headline on CNN:

    Mulvaney brashly admits quid pro quo over Ukraine aid as key details emerge

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/polit...aid/index.html

    Source: cnn


    White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney made a stunning admission Thursday by confirming that President Donald Trump froze nearly $400 million in US security aid to Ukraine in part to pressure that country into investigating Democrats.

    Mulvaney insisted that he only knew of a US request to investigate the handling of a Democratic National Committee server hacked in the 2016 election, but text messages between US diplomats show efforts to get Ukraine to commit to an investigation into Burisma, the company on whose board former Vice President Joe Biden's son sat. There is no evidence of wrongdoing in Ukraine by either Biden.
    "That's why we held up the money," Mulvaney said after listing the 2016-related investigation and Trump's broader concerns about corruption in Ukraine.

    © Copyright Original Source



    So - to be clear - what he is admitting as far as a politically motivated quid-pro-quo is that the money was held pending a commitment to investigate into the servers and the 2016 election as it related to the Democrats.

    Other texts show that this also included investigations into Burisma.

    Bottom line: there is now a direct tie to Trump holding the money as leverage to get Ukraine to investigate issues related to his campaign. It was not merely 'corruption in the Ukraine'.




    Jim
    Like I said. The obvious has been confirmed. From today's testimony by Bill Taylor:

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/polit...ges/index.html

    Source: CNN

    "During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election," according to the testimony.
    Sondland told Taylor he'd also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations," Taylor said.
    "In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified.
    He testified that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering the investigations.

    "Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check," Taylor testified, adding that Volker had used the same phrase.
    "I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: the Ukrainians did not 'owe' President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was 'crazy,' as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9," Sondland[Taylor? SIC] added.

    © Copyright Original Source







    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-22-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  7. #96
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Like I said. The obvious has been confirmed. From today's testimony by Bill Taylor:

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/polit...ges/index.html

    Source: CNN

    "During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election," according to the testimony.
    Sondland told Taylor he'd also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations," Taylor said.
    "In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified.
    He testified that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering the investigations.

    "Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check," Taylor testified, adding that Volker had used the same phrase.
    "I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: the Ukrainians did not 'owe' President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was 'crazy,' as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9," Sondland[Taylor? SIC] added.

    © Copyright Original Source



    Jim
    This is right in line with what I posted earlier (with a key point highlighted):

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And then there's this:

    Nancy Pelosi released a “fact sheet” outlining her justification for the impeachment process. Within the justification Speaker Pelosi/Lawfare intentionally conflates investigating past political corruption/interference (2016) with the current 2020 election.

    Speaker Pelosi’s self-serving position boils down to: any effort by the executive branch to investigate prior political corruption is grounds for presidential impeachment.

    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-impeachment/

    Sketchy sketchy sketchy!
    So I guess the "new normal" is that we're supposed to let previous administrations get away with their crimes.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #97
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,117
    Amen (Given)
    354
    Amen (Received)
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is right in line with what I posted earlier (with a key point highlighted):

    So I guess the "new normal" is that we're supposed to let previous administrations get away with their crimes.
    On what planet? The attempts to force an investigation into BURISMA are related to the current 2020 election and Biden, 2016 is just related to general hurting democratic chances. And all of it was under threat of the loss of the security funds.



    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  9. #98
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    On what planet? The attempts to force an investigation into BURISMA are related to the current 2020 election and Biden, 2016 is just related to general hurting democratic chances. And all of it was under threat of the loss of the security funds.

    Jim
    This is why I cautioned you about crossing the line from fact to fiction. You state a fact -- Trump wants Joe Biden's sketchy business in Ukraine investigated -- and then start speculating -- he's only doing it to hurt Joe Biden's election chances. However, there are a number of legitimate reasons for Trump to do what he did, but you immediately assume the worse and then mistake your assumptions for facts.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #99
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,117
    Amen (Given)
    354
    Amen (Received)
    1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is why I cautioned you about crossing the line from fact to fiction. You state a fact -- Trump wants Joe Biden's sketchy business in Ukraine investigated -- and then start speculating -- he's only doing it to hurt Joe Biden's election chances. However, there are a number of legitimate reasons for Trump to do what he did, but you immediately assume the worse and then mistake your assumptions for facts.
    No MM. There is no legitimate reason for POTUS to hold up security funds for Ukraine allocated by Congress over not investigating Joe Biden's son. There are plenty of (illegal) reasons for Donald Trump to hold up security funds for the Ukraine over not investigating Joe Biden's son.

    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  12. #100
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,986
    Amen (Given)
    5844
    Amen (Received)
    6482
    And now for your daily dose of irony...

    The House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into whether President Donald Trump attempted to influence the looming 2020 elections may interfere with the outcome of the presidential race in an ironic twist.

    In other words, the Democrats are doing what they accuse Trump of trying to do: interfering in the ongoing presidential race. House Democrats launched the impeachment inquiry on September 24, months before the American public goes to the polls to elect the next president in November 2020.

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...idential-race/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •