Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I think you just made my point ...
    If your point is that the Democrats should be working for the American people instead of trying to overturn a legitimate election, then, yes, I made your point.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm not sure it is possible to have anyone managing the impeachment that would not be portrayed and ultimately perceived as 'rabidly anti-Trump'.

That is, I think position drives perception right now, not facts, not reality. If a person says something bad about Trump, they are necessarily 'anti-Trump' and the pro-trump forces will rally against them.

It's like what happens if you are in a YEC church and you start asking if an evolutionist might have a point about something. You become 'the enemy' very fast.

That is what Trump relies on with his base. He knows that anything he does that the media calls out will always be believed to be in some way manufactured by the 'fake new'. The idea it's actually what was reported, or that it's as bad as it appears to be, is believed to be impossible. Its the "no true scotsman" fallacy on a massive scale.

Jim
    I think it’s funny that the person that uses the logic he accuses YEC’s of using, is the one using it on all things Trump and doesn’t notice he’s doing it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The Democrats would do themselves a great service by having somebody who wasn't quite so rabidly anti-Trump to manage the impeachment.
    That's an excuse, CP. The Democrats, like all good patriots, are, and should be, rabidly anti-Trump, and so too should you be. I believe that's kind of the point that Jim is making.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That's an excuse, CP. The Democrats, like all good patriots, are, and should be, rabidly anti-Trump, and so too should you be. I believe that's kind of the point that Jim is making.
    The point Jim is making quite well is that his blind spot keeps him from seeing the truth.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The point Jim is making quite well is that his blind spot keeps him from seeing the truth.
    The only blind ones around here are those of you who continue to support an obvious lawless, wannabe King who is doing his best Putin imitation in attempting to undermine democracy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    If the Senate, i.e the impeachment Jury, determines that the President is unfit for reasons of malfeasence, or abuse of the public trust, or any acts which those definitions circumscribe, then they can convict and boot him from office.
    Not according to the Constitution which explicitly defines impeachment as a remedy for actual high crimes, such as bribery and treason. "Malfeasance" (whatever that is) and "abuse of public trust" (whatever that is) are exactly the sort of vague, subjective nonsense the Founding Fathers deliberately rejected when they excluded "maladministration" as a trigger for impeachment.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The only blind ones around here are those of you who continue to support an obvious lawless, wannabe King who is doing his best Putin imitation in attempting to undermine democracy.
    Repeating conspiracy theories and debunked assertions doesn’t help your case out Jimmy.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Impeachment is, after all, an entirely political process.
    A political process that, according to the Constitution, must be predicated on an actual crime having been committed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Democrats would do themselves a great service by having somebody who wasn't quite so rabidly anti-Trump to manage the impeachment.
    In many ways Trump is blessed by his enemies

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If your point is that the Democrats should be working for the American people instead of trying to overturn a legitimate election, then, yes, I made your point.
    No - but I understand I can't expect any response from that that would actually admit the truth.

You made my point by assuming that there is nothing Trump has done that is impeachable, therefore it is the 'Democrats fault'.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"