Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Given the 1000+ signatures from former prosecutors referencing the evidence presented in the Mueller report, you could start there.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

Jim
    Evidence that was deemed insufficient by the Department of Justice who has access to additional information that has not been publicly released.

Next?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Evidence that was deemed insufficient by the Department of Justice who has access to additional information that has not been publicly released.

Next?
      MM - our DOJ, specifically Bill Barr, is out spending public money gallivanting around the world investigating conspiracy theories from right wing rags without a trace of evidence and with no other purpose than to try to resurrect ideas that might lend credence to the lies spoken so often by Donald Trump. This does not bode will for the objectivity of their assessments of the Mueller report evidence indicating obstruction. From day 1 Barr has shown a capacity to act against the best interests of the USA and for the best interests of Donald Trump when the two are incompatible.

OTOH, Those signatures represent professional sources most likely free from any outside influence or obligation. Those signature should then only be suspect if they as a group have shown a track record of partisan action.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        I have presented plenty Jim, you’re just too full of yourself to ever admit you’re wrong. It’s rather simple, are those involved with the Muller report trying to impeach? Yes or no?
        I should go get the last 30 of your posts to me and post them right here, all in a row posting only substantive text and simply noting the number of words where there is nothing more than personal attacks against me or non-factual rants. And we would see what you actual track record is. I'm not sure there would be more than a paragraph or two left of actual useful, objective, text, but who knows, maybe i'd be surprised.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-28-2019, 12:03 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I should go get the last 30 of your posts to me and post them right here, all in a row simply nothing the number of words that are nothing more than personal attacks against me or non-factual rants. And we would see what you actual track record is. I'm not sure there would be more than a paragraph or two left of actual useful, objective, text, but who knows, maybe i'd be surprised.
          There’s no point in bothering with someone that is too emotionally invested, to notice. Just look at your dismissive hand wave to anything and everything that is even slightly helpful towards Trump. You accuse Barr, of all sorts of things without any evidence any of your handwaves are true while ignoring the tin foil hat tightly wrapped around your own head. If Barr is right and there was an attempt to take down a US president, shouldn’t it be looked at? After all, you’re more than willing to entertain conspiracy theories that whisper what you want to hear into your ear. Go ahead, post them, don’t forget the links and context so others can see your insanity, for themselves and see that you made this bed, all by yourself, but are unwilling to sleep in it.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

MM - our DOJ, specifically Bill Barr, is out spending public money gallivanting around the world investigating conspiracy theories from right wing rags without a trace of evidence and with no other purpose than to try to resurrect ideas that might lend credence to the lies spoken so often by Donald Trump. This does not bode will for the objectivity of their assessments of the Mueller report evidence indicating obstruction. From day 1 Barr has shown a capacity to act against the best interests of the USA and for the best interests of Donald Trump when the two are incompatible.

OTOH, Those signatures represent professional sources most likely free from any outside influence or obligation. Those signature should then only be suspect if they as a group have shown a track record of partisan action.
            Note the sad attempt to tar and feather, with blind accusations because you hate Trump so badly that you can’t even entertain the possibility that there was an attempt to take down a president based on lies and foreign influence. You’re more than willing to entertain any anti Trump conspiracy, why are you so unwilling to entertain this one? Do you hate Trump that badly that you want it to be crazy, so it can vindicate your beliefs?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Note the sad attempt to tar and feather, with blind accusations because you hate Trump so badly that you can’t even entertain the possibility that there was an attempt to take down a president based on lies and foreign influence. You’re more than willing to entertain any anti Trump conspiracy, why are you so unwilling to entertain this one? Do you hate Trump that badly that you want it to be crazy, so it can vindicate your beliefs?
              I don't 'hate' Trump. But I do believe he is both morally and ideologically unqualified for the position, to the point he is dangerous to the country and even to the world.

The evidence that backs that opinion of his danger to this country is significant. From lawless actions to personal attacks on individual american citizens to irresponsible management of our military, state departement, intelligence and law enforcment agencies, and foreign policy.

I will provide specifics if you can ever find your way out of personal attack mode and into evidence based discussion.

Jim

Comment

There’s no point in bothering with someone that is too emotionally invested, to notice. Just look at your dismissive hand wave to anything and everything that is even slightly helpful towards Trump. You accuse Barr, of all sorts of things without any evidence any of your handwaves are true while ignoring the tin foil hat tightly wrapped around your own head. If Barr is right and there was an attempt to take down a US president, shouldn’t it be looked at? After all, you’re more than willing to entertain conspiracy theories that whisper what you want to hear into your ear. Go ahead, post them, don’t forget the links and context so others can see your insanity, for themselves and see that you made this bed, all by yourself, but are unwilling to sleep in it.
                I have accused Barr of supporting the president when he should not, when supporting him is not in the best interests of Justice or the integrity of the rule of Law in the United States. His end run to paint the Mueller report as 'exonerating' the president would be one such example. And his current foray to personally investigate the president's pet conspiracy theories is another - specifically that is was not Russia but Ukraine that tried to influence the 2016 election, and not in favor of himself but in favor of Hillary - something a REPUBLICAN led investigation finds counter factual (i.e. they found that the Russians DID try to influence our 2016 election, and in favor of TRUMP)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrain...spiracy_theory

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/8/209051...-2016-election

Again, you lack specifics in your accusations. You accuse me of listening to conspiracy theories, but don't produce any examples. My example of Barr doing what I said he is doing are listed above. That means you can take them and try to show why they are not as I describe them. There is nothing I can do with your comments as they are generalized accusations with no substance, just negative opinions expressed in derogatory terms.

Jim
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-28-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

MM - our DOJ, specifically Bill Barr, is out spending public money gallivanting around the world investigating conspiracy theories...
                  That Barr is investigating a conspiracy theory is itself a conspiracy theory. Try getting your head out of the fake news bubble and breath the fresh air for a change.

Comment

MM - our DOJ, specifically Bill Barr, is out spending public money gallivanting around the world investigating conspiracy theories from right wing rags without a trace of evidence and with no other purpose than to try to resurrect ideas that might lend credence to the lies spoken so often by Donald Trump....
                    Jim, look at the language you're using here. You're sounding more like JimL and Tassman with the superfluous adverbs and adjectives and prejudicial verbage. You can do better.

Meanwhile, Barr is actually opening a criminal investigation in which anything he finds will have to be put before an actual grand jury - as opposed to Schiff's misleading implication that his investigation is similar to a grand jury.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And what makes you think Flynn would be immune to coercion if a big enough lever was brought to bear? Remember, he was threatened with the financial ruin of his family, and there is evidence that Mueller's goon squad suggested that Flynn's own son might become a "target" of their investigation if Flynn didn't cooperate. It was a classic shakedown. What innocent man wouldn't plead guilty under those circumstances to protect his family?

Let's just put it this way: there's a reason Judge Sullivan is taking a very close look at this case and is giving Sydney Powell all the time she needs to expose the truth.
                      Let's put it this way, Flynn himself said that "you don't plead the fifth unless you're guilty." And you don't make a deal for a lighter sentence if you're innocent either. You may be naive, but Flynn isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Let's put it this way, Flynn himself said that "you don't plead the fifth unless you're guilty." And you don't make a deal for a lighter sentence if you're innocent either. You may be naive, but Flynn isn't.
                        Let's put it this way: you're clueless.

Following an extensive 160-page filing by Flynn’s attorney Sidney Powell; including extensive exhibits to support her motion to compel Brady material; Judge Sullivan has now delayed the previously scheduled November 7th hearing on the motion(s).

Generally this delay is good news as it provides the Judge more time to review the rather extensive list of exhibits presented by the defense.

Hopefully, the pending inspector general report on the DOJ/FBI FISA abuse issues will be released prior to the next hearing. There is a possibility that IG report will contain background material on FBI and DOJ misconduct that will be supportive of the defense case highlighting how Flynn was set-up.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rady-material/

One thing is certain, Sydney Powell is making the prosecution's life miserable.

Comment

I don't 'hate' Trump. But I do believe he is both morally and ideologically unqualified for the position, to the point he is dangerous to the country and even to the world.
                          Yeah you do and over the top hysteria, is proof of that. Trump is dangerous to the world? How? Do you see him as a super villain, getting ready to nuke the world, unless the world meets his demands. Do you see how insane this makes you sound? Trump isn’t a super villain, despite your hysterical belief that he is.

The evidence that backs that opinion of his danger to this country is significant. From lawless actions to personal attacks on individual american citizens to irresponsible management of our military, state departement, intelligence and law enforcment agencies, and foreign policy.
                          Lots of opinion, very little fact. How is he mismanageing the military, state dept, and intelligence agencies? What lawless actions? What crime did he commit? You haven’t been able to name one, but could care less. He personally attacks people? So? The media lies about him, but you could care less because they confirm what you want to believe.

Like I said Jim, you mix in lots of your opinion and expect everyone to immediately agree with it and present it as 100% fact, when it isn’t.

I will provide specifics if you can ever find your way out of personal attack mode and into evidence based discussion.
                          No you won’t. You’ll provide your opinion, mixed in with fact, and present it as 100% fact when it’s (at best) your opinion, with your negative spin attached.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-28-2019, 08:54 PM.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Jim, look at the language you're using here. You're sounding more like JimL and Tassman with the superfluous adverbs and adjectives and prejudicial verbage. You can do better.

Meanwhile, Barr is actually opening a criminal investigation in which anything he finds will have to be put before an actual grand jury - as opposed to Schiff's misleading implication that his investigation is similar to a grand jury.
                            In many ways, he presents Trump as a movie supervillain and wonders why so few take him seriously.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah you do and over the top hysteria, is proof of that. Trump is dangerous to the world? How? Do you see him as a super villain, getting ready to nuke the world, unless the world meets his demands. Do you see how insane this makes you sound? Trump isn’t a super villain, despite your hysterical belief that he is.

Lots of opinion, very little fact. How is he mismanageing the military, state dept, and intelligence agencies? What lawless actions? What crime did he commit? You haven’t been able to name one, but could care less. He personally attacks people? So? The media lies about him, but you could care less because they confirm what you want to believe.

Like I said Jim, you mix in lots of your opinion and expect everyone to immediately agree with it and present it as 100% fact, when it isn’t.

No you won’t. You’ll provide your opinion, mixed in with fact, and present it as 100% fact when it’s (at best) your opinion, with your negative spin attached.
                              Nice way to try to reverse reality. I gave you a response with links and specifics. You ignored them.

Comment

Nice way to try to reverse reality. I gave you a response with links and specifics. You ignored them.
                                Linking to Vox News, shows you’re as bias as they come. Favoring Trump, changing the election, and working with the Trump campaign are all separate claims that can be all true, some false and some true, or all false. Your problem and the media’s problem is muddling up the waters and trying to pretend they are all true, by default. Russia interfering in the 2016 election, the Trump campaign working with them to do so, and a single vote was changed are all separate claims. Got any evidence the later two are true?

Again, you mix opinion up with fact and wonder only those inclined to agree with you, think you’re right. Trump is not a supervillain, Clinton lost fair and square, and Trump is president and didn’t cheat to win. Keep that tin foil hat on while claiming Barr has one on. Just shows what a hypocrite you truly are and how you can’t be unbiased when it comes to all things Trump.
                                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-28-2019, 09:53 PM.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment