Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So you've been told. What you ought to do is look see the rising debt under Trump at a time when there is no need for it and has done nothing for the economy as a whole. Btw, corporate investment is way down, the 3rd quarter GDP just came in at, I believe, !.9%. Didn't Trump tell you it would be 4 to 5%. So much for the tax cuts for the wealthy, the trickle down theory. Fooled ya'll again.
    My dear Jimmy, you might want to understand why they are down. Some companies are expecting a recession to hit in the next few years and are preparing for it by holding on to cash, in case it happens. What did Trump tell me Jimmy because I didn’t pay attention because I’m not obsessed with Trump, the way you are.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      You’re gaslighting to avoid the uncomfortable truth of your inability to view anything Trump related, through an objective lens. Nobody cares about how large the crowd was, but your own obsession with anything Trump says or does has to be viewed through the lens that he is the most evil person that has ever lived and many of those that might try to reason with you or bother are turned off by your insanity. OBP told you the same thing I’m telling you now. How many people need to repeat it till you understand that the problem sits with you and your inability to be rational on all things Trump?
      whatever you say pix.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        whatever you say pix.
        Keep those eyes, ears, and mind slammed shut. You wouldn’t want to let in the possibility you might not be right, in.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Keep those eyes, ears, and mind slammed shut. You wouldn’t want to let in the possibility you might not be right, in.
          Well, assuming some element of my position is wrong, I'm not likely to learn it from a crazy, wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth, every post is an attack on who I am person.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Well, assuming some element of my position is wrong, I'm not likely to learn it from a crazy, wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth, every post is an attack on who I am person.

It’s obvious you won’t learn from anything anyone says because you’re mind is already made up, don’t confuse you with the facts.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              The biggest problem with their messaging is that they haven't given a good reason for anybody to actually vote for them. It's all been "Don't vote for Trump! Don't vote for Trump!" Okay, so who should we vote for?
              Exactly. It might take a generational shift for the Democrats to find themselves again. But we'll see, politics is hard to predict except in the short term, though I do believe the Republicans are going to hold it for the next election and maybe even the next election cycle again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Exactly. It might take a generational shift for the Democrats to find themselves again. But we'll see, politics is hard to predict except in the short term, though I do believe the Republicans are going to hold it for the next election and maybe even the next election cycle again.
                I've never seen the fringe of a party take such hold of the party in general, to the extent that even the media is cheering them on with their extreme leftist agenda. Again, I work with lots of Democrats in our faith-based mission outreach, and I have YET to talk to one who is thrilled about the Democratic Party's "new" direction.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I've never seen the fringe of a party take such hold of the party in general, to the extent that even the media is cheering them on with their extreme leftist agenda. Again, I work with lots of Democrats in our faith-based mission outreach, and I have YET to talk to one who is thrilled about the Democratic Party's "new" direction.
                  The fringe took hold of your party a long time ago, CP. I think they were calling themselves the Tea Party at the time. Now they're pretty much just Trumps cool aid party.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    The fringe took hold of your party a long time ago, CP.
                    I honestly believed you could hold your pledge to be an adult, Jim. You know full well that the Republican Party is not "my party".

I think they were calling themselves the Tea Party at the time. Now they're pretty much just Trumps cool aid party.
                    Perhaps you could take that up with them.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My dear Jimmy, you might want to understand why they are down. Some companies are expecting a recession to hit in the next few years and are preparing for it by holding on to cash,in case it happens.
                      Don't ever become a defense lawyer, lilpix. The supposed purpose, and end goal, of Trumps big corporate tax cut, was that business would invest that money back into the economy raising the GDP. They didn't do that, the money basically went into their pockets and the GDP came in at 1.9%, not the 4, 5, and even 6% that Trump boasted of.

What did Trump tell me Jimmy because I didnÂ’t pay attention because IÂ’m not obsessed with Trump, the way you are.
                      Comprehension, lilpix, comprehension. I didn't say that Trump told you, (you must be Trump obsessed) I said "so you've been told" in response to your assertion that democrats plans will "raise your taxes through the roof."

Comment