Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 325

Thread: The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

  1. #51
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,467
    Amen (Given)
    386
    Amen (Received)
    1708
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I think it’s funny that the person that uses the logic he accuses YEC’s of using, is the one using it on all things Trump and doesn’t notice he’s doing it.
    I could expect no less from you pix. You are one of the ones for whom political position defines reality.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  2. #52
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,535
    Amen (Given)
    1797
    Amen (Received)
    1520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not according to the Constitution which explicitly defines impeachment as a remedy for actual high crimes, such as bribery and treason. "Malfeasance" (whatever that is) and "abuse of public trust" (whatever that is) are exactly the sort of vague, subjective nonsense the Founding Fathers deliberately rejected when they excluded "maladministration" as a trigger for impeachment.
    Wrong. What high crimes and misdemeaners are is not defined in the Constitution leaving that to Congress to decide which if you read the Federalist Papers is defined as malfeasance and Abuse of the public trust. It is up to the Congress to determine as part of their oversight responsibility to make that determination. But again, we don't need depend on that with respect to Trump. His crimes are obvious whether unpatriotic republicans like yourself, i.e those unethical, unpatriotic, republicans in the Senate, choose to convict the scoundrel or not.

  3. #53
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,467
    Amen (Given)
    386
    Amen (Received)
    1708
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The point Jim is making quite well is that his blind spot keeps him from seeing the truth.
    And what is the truth I'm not seeing pix? Remember to support your answer with facts and not ad hominems.

    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-21-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #54
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,498
    Amen (Given)
    12474
    Amen (Received)
    26687
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm not sure it is possible to have anyone managing the impeachment that would not be portrayed and ultimately perceived as 'rabidly anti-Trump'.

    That is, I think position drives perception right now, not facts, not reality. If a person says something bad about Trump, they are necessarily 'anti-Trump' and the pro-trump forces will rally against them.

    It's like what happens if you are in a YEC church and you start asking if an evolutionist might have a point about something. You become 'the enemy' very fast.

    That is what Trump relies on with his base. He knows that anything he does that the media calls out will always be believed to be in some way manufactured by the 'fake new'. The idea it's actually what was reported, or that it's as bad as it appears to be, is believed to be impossible. Its the "no true scotsman" fallacy on a massive scale.


    Jim
    Jim, if the Democrats were truly interested in due process, I think they'd handle this in a much more professional manner.

    I think, because it's driven by hate more than fact, it just looks like a "we're gonna do whatever it takes".

    Yeah, I know, we're gonna disagree.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  5. #55
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,761
    Amen (Given)
    1525
    Amen (Received)
    3282
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I could expect no less from you pix. You are one of the ones for whom political position defines reality.
    Coming from you, that’s a badge of honor. The one that attacks strawman of my positions, makes me try to defend positions I do not hold to, and refuses to admit to being wrong and prefers bearing a false witness, is not in the position to critique others. You’re the YEC onlist here Jim because to you, Trump is the antichrist and anyone that disagrees is labeled as ‘defying reality’ so you do not have to face your poorly thought out logic and contradictions. You have become the Jorge of civics, rather you see it or not, is your problem and much like Jorge, you could make good points if you were not stuck in the ‘only True ChristiansTM agree with me!’ mode. Quite sad, really.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-21-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  6. #56
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,761
    Amen (Given)
    1525
    Amen (Received)
    3282
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And what is the truth I'm not seeing pix? Remember to support your answer with facts and not ad hominems.

    Jim
    That you’re as bad as the YEConlist.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  7. #57
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,498
    Amen (Given)
    12474
    Amen (Received)
    26687
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That's an excuse, CP. The Democrats, like all good patriots, are, and should be, rabidly anti-Trump, and so too should you be. I believe that's kind of the point that Jim is making.
    Nobody should be rabidly anti-anything, Jim. That's just nuts. And I seriously doubt that that's the point Ox is trying to make.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  8. #58
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,498
    Amen (Given)
    12474
    Amen (Received)
    26687
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    In many ways Trump is blessed by his enemies
    He really is - Schiff looks like such a loony that it's easy for Trump's defenders to see this as simply a revenge for Hillary's losing the election.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  9. #59
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,483
    Amen (Given)
    5913
    Amen (Received)
    6790
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    What high crimes and misdemeaners are is not defined...
    Yes it is, and quite clearly. Two explicit examples are provided -- treason and bribery -- illustrating the nature and seriousness of the crime that would compel impeachment. Anything short of that does not warrant impeachment, per the Constitution.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #60
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,942
    Amen (Given)
    1148
    Amen (Received)
    19878
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He really is - Schiff looks like such a loony that it's easy for Trump's defenders to see this as simply a revenge for Hillary's losing the election.
    Schiff getting 4 Pinocchios from the Washington Post (the WaPo!) for lying about not having contact with the "whistleblower" before the latter filed his complaint.

    Schiff still standing on his claim that he has a "mountain" of evidence proving that Trump colluded with the Russians but wouldn't share it with Mueller for some reason and still won't disclose any of it even now...

    The only one who would have been better for Trump is if Mad Max(ine) Waters chaired the committee.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •