Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again all we hear is exactly what Schiff wants to be released. Nothing more. Hard to get any sort of accurate reading from that, dude.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Once again all we hear is exactly what Schiff wants to be released. Nothing more. Hard to get any sort of accurate reading from that, dude.
      It’s all about drumming up support for 2020. I doubt the democrats will vote to impeach before the election since they would lose control if that happened.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        It’s all about drumming up support for 2020. I doubt the democrats will vote to impeach before the election since they would lose control if that happened.
        That implies they haven't lost control already.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Once again all we hear is exactly what Schiff wants to be released. Nothing more. Hard to get any sort of accurate reading from that, dude.
          You can read Taylor's and Sondland's written opening statements and that alone displays the contradiction. One of 'em is lying under oath and preventing a witness from modifying their testimony to avoid contradicting testimonies is a key reason for having closed-door depositions.

Your contention was that these were being done so that Trump wasn't told what the testimony was when a more obvious and less harebrained reason was that it's standard fact-finding procedure that's already proving necessary.

--Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Bill Taylor reportedly contradicted Gordon Sonderland's claim that he wasn't aware of Trump's specific interest in investigating Biden and Burisma, with associated documentation.
            And according to Republicans in the hearing, Taylor's testimony was all based on second, third, and forth hand claims, and he presented no evidence that Ukraine officials were ever aware that the military funding had been temporarily withheld. Republicans have also said that Rep. John Ratcliffe didn't need more than 90-seconds to demolish Taylor's claims, but of course, Shifty Schiff didn't see fit to "leak" that portion of the transcript to his media allies.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Your contention was that these were being done so that Trump wasn't told what the testimony was when a more obvious and less harebrained reason was that it's standard fact-finding procedure that's already proving necessary.

--Sam
              Actually, that "hairbrrained reason" was put forth by Schiff himself, Sam.

Schiff Says Secret Testimony Aimed at Keeping Trump in the Dark

“We want to make sure that we meet the needs of the investigation and not give the president or his legal minions the opportunity to tailor their testimony and in some cases fabricate testimony to suit their interests,” the California Democrat said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

But, I agree - it IS a "hairbrained reason"!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Actually, that "hairbrrained reason" was put forth by Schiff himself, Sam.

Schiff Says Secret Testimony Aimed at Keeping Trump in the Dark

“We want to make sure that we meet the needs of the investigation and not give the president or his legal minions the opportunity to tailor their testimony and in some cases fabricate testimony to suit their interests,” the California Democrat said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

But, I agree - it IS a "hairbrained reason"!
                I believe that supports exactly what I'm saying and I expect you, having experience in law enforcement, understand the legitimacy of such a process.

--Sam
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

I believe that supports exactly what I'm saying
                  So, why did you call it a "hairbained reason"?

and I expect you, having experience in law enforcement, understand the legitimacy of such a process.

--Sam
                  Oh, I FULLY understand the alleged equivalence to a Grand Jury hearing, in which secrecy is crucial. But Schiff isn't playing it that way, blabbing his version of what's going on and leaking testimony, while demanding others remain quiet.

He can't have it both ways, Sam --- either it needs to be secret or it doesn't.

Comment

Why is Adam Schiff so concerned about keeping the American people in the DARK. Only leaking what fits his false narrative. just like he did with is so called reading of the phone transcript. Wake up folks Adam Schiff nor the Democrats are interested in protecting America, her ideals or interests only in gaining power here.

DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS and Adam Schiff is hell bent on keeping you in the dark.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-24-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I believe that supports exactly what I'm saying and I expect you, having experience in law enforcement, understand the legitimacy of such a process.

--Sam
                      Here's a video of Wol Blitzer trying his best to get Schiff to answer charges that he (Schiff) leaked information from the "secret" investigations. You can tell Wolf isn't buying it by the way he keeps asking the question. Schiff responds in a kind of Bill Clinton "depends on what the meaning of 'is' is" manner, asserting that he's not "leaking", he's "exposing".

And, yeah, it's the Daily Caller, which may cause some to hyperventilate and immediately dismiss it, but the video is there and it's quite clear.

Adam Schiff Responds To Trump Jr’s Leaking Accusation: It’s Not A Leak, It’s ‘Exposure’

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff defended himself Tuesday against Donald Trump Jr.’s accusation of leaking by stating he didn’t “leak” testimony, but rather he exposed it.

“That’s not a leak, it is exposure of his non-cooperation and his stonewalling of our committee,” Schiff responded when CNN’s Wolf Blitzer confronted him about Trump’s allegation.

This is why Schiff has earned the nickname "Shifty Schiff".

Comment

So, why did you call it a "hairbained reason"?

Oh, I FULLY understand the alleged equivalence to a Grand Jury hearing, in which secrecy is crucial. But Schiff isn't playing it that way, blabbing his version of what's going on and leaking testimony, while demanding others remain quiet.

He can't have it both ways, Sam --- either it needs to be secret or it doesn't.
                        I called Rogue's implication that the alleged reasoning being to prevent Trump from being apprised of the proceedings "harebrained". (It's harebrained, not hairbrained, as far as I'm aware). If Rogue meant to imply that Trump is a potential witness and might be called to provide testimony, then we're all in agreement, I presume, that such a process is legitimate. But I don't think that's what he meant.

None of the reporting "leaks" so far have been sourced to Schiff so y'all are guessing. And guessing in a way that just dovetails into the classic "find a nemesis" psychological defense mechanism.

Focus on the facts because, deep down, you know the process is legitimate.

--Sam

Comment

Here's a video of Wol Blitzer trying his best to get Schiff to answer charges that he (Schiff) leaked information from the "secret" investigations. You can tell Wolf isn't buying it by the way he keeps asking the question. Schiff responds in a kind of Bill Clinton "depends on what the meaning of 'is' is" manner, asserting that he's not "leaking", he's "exposing".

And, yeah, it's the Daily Caller, which may cause some to hyperventilate and immediately dismiss it, but the video is there and it's quite clear.

Adam Schiff Responds To Trump Jr’s Leaking Accusation: It’s Not A Leak, It’s ‘Exposure’

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff defended himself Tuesday against Donald Trump Jr.’s accusation of leaking by stating he didn’t “leak” testimony, but rather he exposed it.

“That’s not a leak, it is exposure of his non-cooperation and his stonewalling of our committee,” Schiff responded when CNN’s Wolf Blitzer confronted him about Trump’s allegation.

This is why Schiff has earned the nickname "Shifty Schiff".
                          But that's okay, because we already know Trump is guilty. Now we just have to prove it.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            But that's okay, because we already know Trump is guilty. Now we just have to prove it.
                            Schiff is acting both as prosecutor AND judge in this alleged "Grand Jury" hearing, so we can't expect the "judge" to slap Schiff down for leaking secret testimony.

Comment

There are Republicans in the committee. I doubt Schiff has that much control over what gets out. The reason Republicans aren't leaking 'the good stuff' is that it's pretty much all bad for Trump.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I mean the fact that the hearings are taking place behind closed doors out of public view.

... is so that if any of the witnesses need to discuss sensitive or classified information to answer the questions, that information can be protected.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment