Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary Unhinged! Tulsi Gabbard & Jill Stein Russian assets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Unhinged! Tulsi Gabbard & Jill Stein Russian assets...

I suspect alcohol induced psychosis...

Hillary Clinton said that Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is being groomed by Moscow to run as a third-party spoiler candidate in 2020 to help President Trump win reelection.

The former secretary of state pushed the theory on Campaign HQ podcast hosted by David Plouffe, President Barack Obama’s campaign manager in 2008.

Plouffe and Clinton discussed hurdles the Democratic nominee would face and compared the 2020 race to Clinton’s loss to Trump in 2016. Plouffe asked Clinton about the part third-party candidates, such as Jill Stein of the Green Party, played in 2016, allowing Trump to secure key states.

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

"She is a favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far. That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she is also a Russian asset.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mp-re-election
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Imagine still giving a single damn about foreign interference, when the clear evidence is that so many countries actively meddle with other countries. It's like getting mad that countries spy on each other and try to steal information, like a naive child.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I had to double-check the source website, because this could easily be mistaken for satire.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I had to double-check the source website, because this could easily be mistaken for satire.
        Except - it is not! The woman is daft...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If she's not planning to run, it leaves an open and intriguing question why she's pushing that theory when Gabbard is pretty insignificant in the polls at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            If she's not planning to run, it leaves an open and intriguing question why she's pushing that theory when Gabbard is pretty insignificant in the polls at this point.
            Is she pushing it about Gabbard? The article claims that, but produces no quote demonstrating that. For example:

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.
            Okay, so how do they know she was referring to Gabbard if Clinton didn't mention her by name? Was there some context indicating that? Because if there was, the article didn't provide it. At least based on the quotes given, this seems to simply be a speculation of the article's writer.

Comment

It's from the Babylon Bee:

Source: Hillary Clinton Asked To Leave Costco After Repeatedly Accusing Sample Lady Of Being A Russian Asset

According to sources at a DC-area Costco, failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked to leave Costco again after repeatedly accusing a lady handing out food samples of being a Russian asset.

It wasn't clear how Clinton had ended up in the Costco, as she usually has her servants' servants go to the market for her. Some suggested she wanted to disguise herself and go be among her subjects to see how the other 99% lives.

Whatever the case, the sample lady had apparently offered the failed presidential candidate a small paper cup of orange juice and told her the packs were on sale for $9.49 when the incident occurred.

"Orange... orange like Trump!" Clinton screamed suddenly, frightening the poor food demonstration worker. "You're in league with him, aren't you!?" The failed presidential candidate lunged across the cart and attempted to pull off her face mask, certain the lady was actually Vladimir Putin in a skin suit.

When that failed and the woman shooed her off with a plastic glove, Clinton turned for help and began screaming, "Security! Margaret in the frozen foods aisle is a Russian asset! Help, help, our elections are being meddled with!"

Guards arrived but relaxed when they saw it was just Hillary Clinton. "OK, lady, let's go," they said, grabbing her by each arm.

"Thank goodness you're here!" Clinton cried. "Arrest that woman! Can't someone help me out!?"

"Oh yeah, sure, lady, we'll help you out," the guards said, snickering as they dragged her toward the front door.

According to sources at the Costco, this is the third time this has happened this week.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                Is she pushing it about Gabbard? The article claims that, but produces no quote demonstrating that. For example:

Okay, so how do they know she was referring to Gabbard if Clinton didn't mention her by name? Was there some context indicating that? Because if there was, the article didn't provide it. At least based on the quotes given, this seems to simply be a speculation of the article's writer.
                She didn't mention a name, but... come on... who still in the Dem primary could she have possibly been referring to? Gabbard is the only one that could run independent (even though I believe she's stated otherwise) since a lot of her policies (especially her foreign policy) don't at all fit into the typical progressive or establishment Dem mold. She's also the only one in the line-up that's been slandered as a Putin/Assad puppet continuously ( by the left media strangely enough) for her unconventional stance on Syria and military interventionism.

Who do you think she was referring to?

Comment

Putting up a 3rd party candidate to draw off moderate democratic voters would be a good way to increase the probability of a Trump 2nd term. Whether that is actually their plan, it's a plausible means of keeping their preferred candidate in office.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Putting up a 3rd party candidate to draw off moderate democratic voters would be a good way to increase the probability of a Trump 2nd term. Whether that is actually their plan, it's a plausible means of keeping their preferred candidate in office.

Jim
                    Being that much of the military anti-interventionism and disdain for establishment rino hawks is expressed on the right (in fact, I've rarely ever see a leftist currently espousing this stance, even on the progressive side, with the exception of a few like Glenn Greenwald) and is what Trump campaigned on, it's debatable which party it would better serve the most if Gabbard ran as an independent. HIGHLY debatable in fact.

It's also funny to me beyond measure that the warmongering left has become such a fervent supporter of aggression and military bravado in their foreign policy (much like the neocons of the Bush era that they pretended to criticize) that getting a republican candidate in office instead of a democrat would better serve our international enemies is now the common belief among that crowd.

Comment

She didn't mention a name, but... come on... who still in the Dem primary could she have possibly been referring to? Gabbard is the only one that could run independent (even though I believe she's stated otherwise) since a lot of her policies (especially her foreign policy) don't at all fit into the typical progressive or establishment Dem mold. She's also the only one in the line-up that's been slandered as a Putin/Assad puppet continuously ( by the left media strangely enough) for her unconventional stance on Syria and military interventionism.

Who do you think she was referring to?
                      The accusation really surfaced immediately after she torpedoed Kamala Harris' campaign.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Being that much of the military anti-interventionism and disdain for establishment rino hawks is expressed on the right (in fact, I've rarely ever see a leftist currently espousing this stance, even on the progressive side, with the exception of a few like Glenn Greenwald) and is what Trump campaigned on, it's debatable which party it would better serve the most if Gabbard ran as an independent. HIGHLY debatable in fact.

It's also funny to me beyond measure that the warmongering left has become such a fervent supporter of aggression and military bravado in their foreign policy (much like the neocons of the Bush era that they pretended to criticize) that getting a republican candidate in office instead of a democrat would better serve our international enemies is now the common belief among that crowd.
                        I think for many of them their sudden new-found hawkish positions are a direct result of their being the opposite of what Trump is doing. IOW, if Trump was talking about staying in Syria indefinitely they would be declaring that we need to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I think for many of them their sudden new-found hawkish positions are a direct result of their being the opposite of what Trump is doing. IOW, if Trump was talking about staying in Syria indefinitely they would be declaring that we need to get out.
                          That's a very firm possibility. In fact, I've been mulling over the claim that the left is (or once was) anti-war. Were they ever really anti-war, or was it just a partisan thing? Even during the Vietnam war, when the hippies had the marches, were they really anti-war or was it just a reaction against Nixon? I'm beginning to think the "anti-war left" is just a partisan charade. However, I do think there are deep establishment Dems that are truly war hawks that do benefit from military incursions. For example, the reason why the liberal media darling msnbc was so harsh against liberal voices that protested the Iraq war. But that's a whole other rabbithole to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            There always was and remains an anti-militarism wing on the left, just as on the right. To the argument about Trump, there's a small amount of truth there but it's very much not true on the whole. The progressive left, for example, didn't want Obama to enter into the Syrian civil war and still opposed Trump's (ineffectual) military strike against a Syrian airport early in his term. The progressive left has not, to my knowledge, advocated increased military action in any theater of conflict during Trump's term. And while Trump's increased use of drone attacks and increase of civilian casualties thanks to loosened rules of engagement have largely gone under the radar, the progressive criticism hasn't changed much, in degree or pitch, from Obama.

So "warmongering" doesn't work. What we're dealing with right now is the abandonment of an ally with absolutely no strategic or political value, alongside the decision to send >1000 troops to Saudi Arabia for also no strategic or political value. Ideally, folks on the left and right want the military used sparingly and with some sense of responsibility.

--Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              So "warmongering" doesn't work. What we're dealing with right now is the abandonment of an ally with absolutely no strategic or political value
                              The only ally the US has there is Turkey, and there's great value in supporting your ally.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment