Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary Unhinged! Tulsi Gabbard & Jill Stein Russian assets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I suspect alcohol induced psychosis...
    Actually Clinton never mentioned Tulsi Gabbard. Interesting that Gabbard made the assumption that it was herself Clinton was thinking of. Besides, it would make perfect sense from Russia's perspective, after all a third party candidate (Jill Stein) is one thing that helped put Putins puppet in the White House in the first place. It's perfectly logical, though Gabbard, had she had the intention to, she has since vowed not to run as a third party candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      If she's not planning to run, it leaves an open and intriguing question why she's pushing that theory when Gabbard is pretty insignificant in the polls at this point.
      Jill Stein was insignificant in the polls as well. So was Ralph Nader. You don't have to be popular in order to sway an election.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        Is she pushing it about Gabbard? The article claims that, but produces no quote demonstrating that. For example:

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.
        Okay, so how do they know she was referring to Gabbard if Clinton didn't mention her by name? Was there some context indicating that? Because if there was, the article didn't provide it. At least based on the quotes given, this seems to simply be a speculation of the article's writer.
        Clinton could just as well have been talking about Marianne Williamson. So one has to wonder why Gabbard automatically assumed it was herself that Clinton was pointing to.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It's from the Babylon Bee:

Source: Hillary Clinton Asked To Leave Costco After Repeatedly Accusing Sample Lady Of Being A Russian Asset

According to sources at a DC-area Costco, failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked to leave Costco again after repeatedly accusing a lady handing out food samples of being a Russian asset.

It wasn't clear how Clinton had ended up in the Costco, as she usually has her servants' servants go to the market for her. Some suggested she wanted to disguise herself and go be among her subjects to see how the other 99% lives.

Whatever the case, the sample lady had apparently offered the failed presidential candidate a small paper cup of orange juice and told her the packs were on sale for $9.49 when the incident occurred.

"Orange... orange like Trump!" Clinton screamed suddenly, frightening the poor food demonstration worker. "You're in league with him, aren't you!?" The failed presidential candidate lunged across the cart and attempted to pull off her face mask, certain the lady was actually Vladimir Putin in a skin suit.

When that failed and the woman shooed her off with a plastic glove, Clinton turned for help and began screaming, "Security! Margaret in the frozen foods aisle is a Russian asset! Help, help, our elections are being meddled with!"

Guards arrived but relaxed when they saw it was just Hillary Clinton. "OK, lady, let's go," they said, grabbing her by each arm.

"Thank goodness you're here!" Clinton cried. "Arrest that woman! Can't someone help me out!?"

"Oh yeah, sure, lady, we'll help you out," the guards said, snickering as they dragged her toward the front door.

According to sources at the Costco, this is the third time this has happened this week.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'd like to assume that you don't take this stuff seriously, unfortunately you give me no reason to think that you don't. It's no wonder we have a Trump in the White House!

Comment

I think for many of them their sudden new-found hawkish positions are a direct result of their being the opposite of what Trump is doing. IOW, if Trump was talking about staying in Syria indefinitely they would be declaring that we need to get out.
            Which new-found hawkish positions would those be, rogue? Cleaning up Bush's mess in the middle east responsibly is not being hawkish. Had the Supreme Court not handed the election to Bush, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in over there in the first place, but since we are, we need deal with it responsibly. That's not being hawkish!

Comment

I believe the response to whether Hillary was referring to Tulsi Gabbard was, "if he nesting doll fits."

Gabbard in turn said that Hillary is the "embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot" which infest the Democratic Party
              Well, she certainly sounds like a Republican/Russian asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                Is she pushing it about Gabbard? The article claims that, but produces no quote demonstrating that.

For example:

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

Okay, so how do they know she was referring to Gabbard if Clinton didn't mention her by name? Was there some context indicating that? Because if there was, the article didn't provide it. At least based on the quotes given, this seems to simply be a speculation of the article's writer.
                Hillary Clinton suggests Putin has kompromat on Trump, Russia will back Tulsi Gabbard third-party bid
                By Aaron Blake
                Oct. 18, 2019 at 5:02 p.m. EDT
                At Tuesday night’s Democratic presidential debate, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) hit back at critics who charged she’s too close to Russia. “This morning, a CNN commentator said on national television that I’m an asset of Russia,” she said. “Completely despicable.”

Gabbard won’t be happy to hear Hillary Clinton’s latest interview. Nor will President Trump or another of Clinton’s 2016 opponents, whom Clinton has now lodged similar accusations about.

In a conversation on former Obama campaign manager David Plouffe’s podcast, “Campaign HQ,” Clinton suggested the Russians are leveraging a number of top U.S. politicians. She suggested Russia had kompromat, or compromising information, on Trump. She accused 2016 Green Party nominee Jill Stein of being a “Russian asset.” And she suggested Russia might back Gabbard as a third-party candidate.

Campaign HQ / Hillary Clinton

I'm listening to the podcast now. It's about a lot more than Gabbard. She was a congressional staffer during the Nixon impeachment proceedings, and helped write the bipartisan staff report, Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment.

I don't know enough about Gabbard to know why she's fielding these questions, but they're obviously talking about her. I don't know enough about Stein, either, but I do remember she showed up in the December 2015 photo with Putin and Flynn.

russia_dinner2000.jpg

Something I hadn't remembered, because I didn't know the name, because there was no Steele dossier at the time, but Peskov's in there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I don't know enough about Gabbard to know why she's fielding these questions, but they're obviously talking about her. I don't know enough about Stein, either, but I do remember she showed up in the December 2015 photo with Putin and Flynn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40347[/ATTACH]

Something I hadn't remembered, because I didn't know the name, because there was no Steele dossier at the time, but Peskov's in there, too.
                  Amazing, Hillary is single-handedly reviving the Russia conspiracy theory and NPCs like you are going back to past programming.

Now it's not just 'Trump and maybe Stein', but also Gabbard.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Jill Stein was insignificant in the polls as well. So was Ralph Nader. You don't have to be popular in order to sway an election.
                    'All the dangerous rival candidates are Russian agents'.

Obviously she wants to run, but she's testing the waters first.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      NPCs
                      To save everyone else the trouble:

What Is NPC, the Pro-Trump Internet’s New Favorite Insult?
                      Twitter has barred hundreds of right-wing accounts for posing as soulless, “nonplayable” liberal activists.

By Kevin Roose
                      Oct. 16, 2018
                      Last week, a trolling campaign organized by right-wing internet users spilled over onto Twitter. The campaign, which was born in the fever swamps of 4chan and Reddit message boards, involved creating hundreds of fictional personas with gray cartoon avatars, known as NPCs. These accounts posed as liberal activists and were used to spread — among other things — false information about November’s midterm elections.

Over the weekend, Twitter responded by suspending about 1,500 accounts associated with the NPC trolling campaign. The accounts violated Twitter’s rules against “intentionally misleading election-related content,” according to a person familiar with the company’s enforcement process. The person, who would speak only anonymously, was not authorized to discuss the decision.

And to the next question:
                      And this is a thing … why?

It’s a long story, but the short version is that a group of young, extremely pro-Trump internet trolls have spent the past several years mocking anti-Trump people as whiny, easily triggered snowflakes who are primarily motivated by social acceptance rather than by logic and critical thinking.

Many of Mr. Trump’s supporters — including, as of last week, Kanye West — put their support for him in the language of freethinking rationality and paint the other side as being motivated by blind loyalty and identity politics. (Mr. West said of his pre-Trump-supporting days, “I was programmed to think from a victimized mentality.”)

The NPC meme fits neatly into this narrative and offers Mr. Trump’s online supporters an easy shorthand way to paint liberals as humorless prudes who say “Drumpf” because the HBO host John Oliver told them to, who march in protests and put on pink “pussyhats” because they’re the popular things to do, and whose views can’t withstand scrutiny.

(And then, when progressives object to a meme that portrays them as unthinking automatons, it becomes another piece of evidence: See? The left can’t take a joke.)

Our favorite ex-Russian may not be useful for much, but he's always down for the unwitting irony.

Comment

I think for many of them their sudden new-found hawkish positions are a direct result of their being the opposite of what Trump is doing. IOW, if Trump was talking about staying in Syria indefinitely they would be declaring that we need to get out.
                        I've seen Conservatives have similar oppositeisms about Obama's decisions, even when they were completely compatible with Conservative philosophy.

I think its just part of the game of politics at times, that two sides define themselves as the mirror opposition to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                          irony.
                          The complete irony, shamelessness, arrogance and hypocrisy involved in you mocking others as conspiracy theorists while having five tin-foiled hats jammed on (one more incoming for Gabbard) is obvious to all.

No need to hide in the closet, just come out, be honest, and admit that you believe in conspiracies.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            So I ask again, if she isn't running, why would she go out of her way to propose such an obviously nutty conspiracy theory (which is backfiring spectacularly against her even from the political left, and actually having a positive effect on Gabbard's public notoriety) to discredit what she sees as a potential threat to the 2020 election she's not running in? That's the type of sheer desperation you resort to something you see as a personal threat. Off course, I could just be underestimating her mental state. She truly could just be way out there in her old age.
                            Last edited by seanD; 10-20-2019, 05:41 PM. Reason: Terrible grammar!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I've seen Conservatives have similar oppositeisms about Obama's decisions, even when they were completely compatible with Conservative philosophy.

I think its just part of the game of politics at times, that two sides define themselves as the mirror opposition to the other side.
                              As much as I don't like the guy (mainly because I dislike most government officials with that type of power, not just for partisan reasons), I've got to give Obama credit for being hesitant about the Libya attack. And boy was he reamed a new one by both sides, the left and right. The left was pleading for him do something about the humanitarian BS they typically decry, and the right was attacking him for being weak and militarily feckless (in fact, i remember specific posters on this very board). Then, of course, in the aftermath of the country becoming an abysmal tragedy, the right attacked him again for that terrible mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                As much as I don't like the guy (mainly because I dislike most government officials with that type of power, not just for partisan reasons), I've got to give Obama credit for being hesitant about the Libya attack. And boy was he reamed a new one by both sides, the left and right. The left was pleading for him do something about the humanitarian BS they typically decry, and the right was attacking him for being weak and militarily feckless (in fact, i remember specific posters on this very board). Then, of course, in the aftermath of the country becoming an abysmal tragedy, the right attacked him again for that terrible mistake.
                                Trump is truly great, partly because he can withstand the bipartisan clamor for warmongering.

Comment