Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Unhinged! Tulsi Gabbard & Jill Stein Russian assets...

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think for many of them their sudden new-found hawkish positions are a direct result of their being the opposite of what Trump is doing. IOW, if Trump was talking about staying in Syria indefinitely they would be declaring that we need to get out.
    I've seen Conservatives have similar oppositeisms about Obama's decisions, even when they were completely compatible with Conservative philosophy.

I think its just part of the game of politics at times, that two sides define themselves as the mirror opposition to the other side.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    irony.
    The complete irony, shamelessness, arrogance and hypocrisy involved in you mocking others as conspiracy theorists while having five tin-foiled hats jammed on (one more incoming for Gabbard) is obvious to all.

No need to hide in the closet, just come out, be honest, and admit that you believe in conspiracies.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Jill Stein was insignificant in the polls as well. So was Ralph Nader. You don't have to be popular in order to sway an election.
    So I ask again, if she isn't running, why would she go out of her way to propose such an obviously nutty conspiracy theory (which is backfiring spectacularly against her even from the political left, and actually having a positive effect on Gabbard's public notoriety) to discredit what she sees as a potential threat to the 2020 election she's not running in? That's the type of sheer desperation you resort to something you see as a personal threat. Off course, I could just be underestimating her mental state. She truly could just be way out there in her old age.
    Last edited by seanD; 10-20-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Terrible grammar!
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I've seen Conservatives have similar oppositeisms about Obama's decisions, even when they were completely compatible with Conservative philosophy.

I think its just part of the game of politics at times, that two sides define themselves as the mirror opposition to the other side.
    As much as I don't like the guy (mainly because I dislike most government officials with that type of power, not just for partisan reasons), I've got to give Obama credit for being hesitant about the Libya attack. And boy was he reamed a new one by both sides, the left and right. The left was pleading for him do something about the humanitarian BS they typically decry, and the right was attacking him for being weak and militarily feckless (in fact, i remember specific posters on this very board). Then, of course, in the aftermath of the country becoming an abysmal tragedy, the right attacked him again for that terrible mistake.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

5. Amen demi-conservative, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    As much as I don't like the guy (mainly because I dislike most government officials with that type of power, not just for partisan reasons), I've got to give Obama credit for being hesitant about the Libya attack. And boy was he reamed a new one by both sides, the left and right. The left was pleading for him do something about the humanitarian BS they typically decry, and the right was attacking him for being weak and militarily feckless (in fact, i remember specific posters on this very board). Then, of course, in the aftermath of the country becoming an abysmal tragedy, the right attacked him again for that terrible mistake.
    Trump is truly great, partly because he can withstand the bipartisan clamor for warmongering.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So I ask again, if she isn't running, why would she go out of her way to propose such an obviously nutty conspiracy theory (which is backfiring spectacularly against her even from the political left, and actually having a positive effect on Gabbard's public notoriety) to discredit what she sees as a potential threat to the 2020 election she's not running in? That's the type of sheer desperation you resort to something you see as a personal threat. Off course, I could just be underestimating her mental state. She truly could just be way out there in her old age.
    Very simple actually. Clinton lost the election, and as a result we have a traitor in the White House. And that is partly due to the fact that a 3rd party candidate, a candidate who had little chance of even winning one state, never mind the election, ran as a Liberal and siphoned just enough votes in a few key states to get Trump over the hump even though he lost the majority vote by 3 million.

Now, that may not have been a conspiracy, though I haven't heard a word from Stein since the election, but if it was a conspiracy, it certainly wasn't a nutty one. The reason Clinton might say something about it is because she cares about her country and doesn't want it to happen again, doesn't want an obvious Russian asset in the White House for another 4 years, not because she sees it as a personal threat to herself.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Very simple actually. Clinton lost the election, and as a result we have a traitor in the White House. And that is partly due to the fact that a 3rd party candidate, a candidate who had little chance of even winning one state, never mind the election, ran as a Liberal and siphoned just enough votes in a few key states to get Trump over the hump even though he lost the majority vote by 3 million.

Now, that may not have been a conspiracy, though I haven't heard a word from Stein since the election, but if it was a conspiracy, it certainly wasn't a nutty one. The reason Clinton might say something about it is because she cares about her country and doesn't want it to happen again, doesn't want an obvious Russian asset in the White House for another 4 years, not because she sees it as a personal threat to herself.
    I wasn't referring to Stein, I was referring to Gabbard, a congresswoman and major in the US military, in reference to a nutty conspiracy theory. To accuse someone like that of being "groomed" implies direct contact with Russian sources with the intent to propagate what those sources want her to propagate. It's over-the-top nutty, and is probably why there are some finding it difficult to admit she was the one Hillary was referring to. This tells me Hillary's either attacking her because she believes Gabbard's a personal threat to a future election run she has planned or Hillary is so delusional, stewing in her two-time election defeat, that she's lost her mind.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wasn't referring to Stein, I was referring to Gabbard, a congresswoman and major in the US military, in reference to a nutty conspiracy theory. To accuse someone like that of being "groomed" implies direct contact with Russian sources with the intent to propagate what those sources want her to propagate. It's over-the-top nutty, and is probably why there are some finding it difficult to admit she was the one Hillary was referring to. This tells me Hillary's either attacking her because she believes Gabbard's a personal threat to a future election run she has planned or Hillary is so delusional, stewing in her two-time election defeat, that she's lost her mind.
    Gabbard doesn't need be in on the scheme in order that she be used by the Russians. I doubt that Clinton meant it that way. The Russians obviously aren't actually grooming Gabbard, but they would use her candidacy, should she run 3rd party, the same way that they used Jill Stein (whether she was in on it or not) with their disinformation campaign. Simply put, the Russian know how to exploit a 3rd party candidate to their advantage.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gabbard doesn't need be in on the scheme in order that she be used by the Russians. I doubt that Clinton meant it that way. The Russians obviously aren't actually grooming Gabbard, but they would use her candidacy, should she run 3rd party, the same way that they used Jill Stein (whether she was in on it or not) with their disinformation campaign. Simply put, the Russian know how to exploit a 3rd party candidate to their advantage.
    Look, man, I understand you're obviously pro-Hillary. I get it. The accusation pretty much affirms definitively that Hillary is nuts, so you've got attempt to downplay it to make it an easier pill to swallow. Even to assume the Russians are attempting to use her as an unwitting pawn is a conspiracy nutty in and of itself, but she specifically used the word "grooming," and the word means what it means

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Trump is truly a great Russian asset, partly because he can withstand the bipartisan clamor for defending U.S. interests.
    Fify.