Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary Unhinged! Tulsi Gabbard & Jill Stein Russian assets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's half truth to it in that I don't think it's disputed that Russian agents have pushed Gabbard's campaign online (her foreign policy would be better for Russia geopolitically than any other candidate), but her statement went so far as to imply Gabbard herself was in on it, which there's no evidence for.
    Clinton said the Russians are "grooming her to be the third-party candidate." It's obvious to me that her foreign policy being incidentally advantageous to Russia and some Russian trolls pushing her campaign online isn't even in the same county as that.

But it gets worse, because Clinton's conspiracy theory had another other part: that Jill Stein was "totally" a Russian asset (apparently implying that Trump's victory was thereby illegitimate*).

Yeah, I think it's ludicrous. Some trolls on the internet somewhere pushing Gabbard's campaign wouldn't make Clinton's statement "half true;" not even close. I'm not generally a fan of conspiracy theories.

*I've been thinking about making a poll asking how many people here actually think Trump's victory was literally illegitimate (setting aside whether he's a terrible president). There seem to be a lot of strange indications....
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Keep in mind that Hillary has a history of thinking that elections in which the Democrats lose are illegitimate. Right before the 2016 election she was still claiming that the 2000 election was rigged.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Look, man, I understand you're obviously pro-Hillary. I get it. The accusation pretty much affirms definitively that Hillary is nuts, so you've got attempt to downplay it to make it an easier pill to swallow. Even to assume the Russians are attempting to use her as an unwitting pawn is a conspiracy nutty in and of itself, but she specifically used the word "grooming," and the word means what it means
        Look man, the Russians already did the same in 2016, so no, it isn't nuts, and they are already doing the same thing now. If anything Hillary is doing a service by reminding us what they did, how they went about it, and what to watch for so that you don't get sucked in by it again. And yea, though I supported Sanders in the primary elections, Hillary would have been far better for the Country than the Autocratic loving wannabe dictator that now sits in the Oval Office.
        Last edited by JimL; 10-22-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Look man, the Russians already did the same in 2016, so no, it isn't nuts, and they are already doing the same thing now. If anything Hillary is doing a service by reminding us what they did, how they went about it, and what to watch for so that you don't get sucked in by it again. And yea, though I supported Sanders in the primary elections, Hillary would have been far better for the Country than the Autocratic loving wannabe dictator that now sits in the Oval Office.
          You know, I'm sort of thinking now maybe Russia did implement a bot cyber attack not to try and sway our elections, but because they knew we'd have a national paranoia meltdown similar to the meltdown we had during the days of Bush about Muslim terrorist boogiemen that resulted in radical unconstitutional policy legislation and infinite financial destabilizing wars. You know how they say "the terrorist won" after 911? If a foreign power was studying that reaction, it would serve their purpose to try and destabilize us politically and socially in a similar way using a similar tactic only a whole lot easier and much less overt than the 911 attack. I always felt this country pretty obviously went on a downward spiral after 911, and now look what we're becoming as a result of the resurgence of the red scare.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Donald Trump won the 2016 election for one primary reason above all: Hillary Clinton. Using this ironclad criterion, we can conclude that Hillary Clinton is in fact a Russian asset.
            Last edited by Zymologist; 10-22-2019, 04:13 PM.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment