Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

After months/years of "lock her up"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    ...a three year investigation by the State Department into Clinton's use of a private email server found "no evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information." As usual, the story, which was front and center for most of 2015-2016, merits minimal coverage.
    Why wouldn't it get minimal coverage? No one cares about Hilary anymore because she doesn't have any relevance. If not for that recent claim she made about Russians planting third party candidates, it would've been months since I heard anything about her.

Comment

Cow Poke would it be fair to characterize your opinion as being "The judge is wrong here"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        "Deliberate mishandling" was never part of the law. "Sorry, officer, but I didn't deliberately run that red light!" Doesn't matter, you still broke the law.

(Never mind the fact that Hillary's pleas of ignorance are literally unbelievable.)
        Pretty much what I predicted...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          MSNBC analyst: People have gone to jail over what Clinton did with email

An MSNBC legal analyst noted Friday afternoon that the Obama administration has prosecuted people for mishandling of classified information similarly to how former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have, as news broke that the State Department found 22 emails containing top-secret information on Clinton's private server.

"People do go to jail for mishandling classified information," Ari Melber said. "They have been prosecuted in the Obama administration for that."
          There is a difference between "people go to jail for mishandling classified information" and "people go to jail for doing what Clinton did." Under the Trump administration, both the State Department AND DOJ (and within the DOJ the FBI) have said the equivalent of "nothing here worthy of prosecution." Yet the calls for "lock her up" and the need for so many on the right to continue to hold to the "Clinton should be jailed for what she did" continues (as predicted) unabated.

As I noted earlier - so much for "rule of law." Personally, I see no reason to question to conclusions of those in a position to investigate and come to conclusions. I trust our legal system (and intelligence agencies) to ferret out the truth and come to a legally sound decision.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            This isn't acceptable, preacher. Lots of folks doing this I'd pass right on by, but you know better. ...
            This kind of condescending crap gets old... I saw something posted by MSNBC and was happy it wasn't Breitbart or Fox News.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Cow Poke would it be fair to characterize your opinion as being "The judge is wrong here"?
              I have no problem with Hillary not going to jail - it would be cruel and unusual punishment for her cellmate.

Seriously, I don't care - this is such old news.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                What about when Hillary instructed aides on how to remove "Classified" headers off of documents before sending them so they wouldn't be noticed.
                Given that event was publicly reported, it seems reasonable that it was investigated along with the rest, with "nothing here on which to prosecute" being the result. Again...the right seems to be fishing for reasons to hold on to their mantra... as predicted.

Comment

Given that event was publicly reported, it seems reasonable that it was investigated along with the rest, with "nothing here on which to prosecute" being the result. Again...the right seems to be fishing for reasons to hold on to their mantra... as predicted.
                  And the left will protect their own. Nothing new here.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    That would be this article:

MSNBC analyst: People have gone to jail over what Clinton did with email
                    by Becket Adams
                    January 29, 2016 08:07 PM
                    An MSNBC legal analyst noted Friday afternoon that the Obama administration has prosecuted people for mishandling of classified information similarly to how former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have, as news broke that the State Department found 22 emails containing top-secret information on Clinton's private server.

"People do go to jail for mishandling classified information," Ari Melber said. "They have been prosecuted in the Obama administration for that."

The Washington Examiner didn't do any reporting here. They're leaching from another media source, MSNBC, and not even directly. From the hat tip, it's taken from another leach, the Washington Free Beacon:

MSNBC on Clinton: Obama Admin Has Sent People to Jail for Mishandling Classified Information

From there, Mr. Adams revised the headline to amp up the fringe bait, copied the Youtube link from the WFB, paraphrased, googled up a tweet from Hillary's PR puke and linked it, then hit post.

Notice immediately that the headline has been modified, and indeed that the revision, "what Clinton did with email," isn't supported in the text of the Examiner article, in the WFB article attached to the headline, or indeed, in the MSNBC interview, in which the legal analyst follows up immediately with a statement that "no one has any evidence that Hillary was the originator of any of the material that gets that legal level," and that Hillary's people claimed at the time — now backed up by the o/p — that she was never more than the recipient, or something close to that.

So what comes from backtracking the article is a talking head saying mishandling classified information has been prosecuted, which is true, not that Hillary's mishandling has been prosecuted when done by others, which, according to Comey's presser, was not the case.

This is not journalism. It's not even work. There's no effort here. Mr. Adams isn't trying to inform. He's watching his google alerts, leaching another leach, second-hand twisting mainstream truth into a fringe lie, creating propaganda by definition, and low quality at that.

As fringe propaganda, even MM's stuff is better than this.

This isn't acceptable, preacher. Lots of folks doing this I'd pass right on by, but you know better. I've seen you look cross-eyed at sources, even more mainstream conservative voices, like the WSJ, for instance, if only from years back. Can't remember seeing you do so recently, though. Posting this stuff as if you were taking it seriously — and who knows, maybe you are, but I won't believe it without a full confession — makes me think you're just trolling.

To which I say, there's enough and more than enough partisan hacks cluttering the web with half-truths. They don't need the help of Baptist preachers.

Or in another, better sense, maybe they do.
                    My impression as well. The article is full of "seemingly" and "apparently" and all sorts of other CYA language so he can claim "I never said she did X, I just said it seemed like she did X." The article is fodder for the indoctrinated - and nothing more. It doesn't even TRY to cite sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      Why wouldn't it get minimal coverage? No one cares about Hilary anymore because she doesn't have any relevance. If not for that recent claim she made about Russians planting third party candidates, it would've been months since I heard anything about her.
                      I tend to be one of the few that thinks that a person who is torn down one page one above the fold should have the correction/exoneration circulated in the same way. Call me old fashioned...

Comment

Well, except that she was found 'not guilty' by a Republican judge.

Comment

Actually - it appears it the DOJ and State Department that are apparently "protecting" Clinton. Seems a bit of a stretch to think that those departments under an opposition administration would exonerate Clinton if there was no basis for the exoneration. I don't need to "protect" Clinton, or acknowledge an error, because I ever falsely accused her. I elected to let the legal system run its course and wait for their conclusion, not considering myself more "in the know" than those with access to the first-hand evidence.

I was simply struck by the distinction between how the accusations were reported in 2015/2016 and how the conclusion is being reported now. It frankly comes as no surprise that no one (yet) on the right seems willing to say, "maybe she was given a raw deal and falsely accused."

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            Well, except that she was found 'not guilty' by a Republican judge.
                            In a perfect world, judges wouldn't be "Republican" or "Democrat." They would simply assess and apply the laws. I am with Roberts and Ginsburg on this one - once we lose confidence in our judiciary...we are beginning to rip down this grand experiment we undertook 243 years ago.

I just realized there is one thing to be glad of - Mr. Trump cannot be in office for the 250th anniversary celebration! Hopefully, he won't be in office for the 245th either.

Comment

Pretty much what I predicted...
                              Predicting a rebuttal is not the same as refuting it.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

From the report,

Should the Department become aware in the future of any additional classified emails sent through former Secretary Clinton's server, the Department will likewise follow appropriate procedures

This is just the beginning.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment