Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

After months/years of "lock her up"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Trump's "lock her up" was actually based on the tens of thousands of emails she deleted
    And actually they were on a server who’s retention rate was to be set to 60 days. Meaning whatever hadn’t been archived would have been deleted.

When they were subpoenaed the technician realized the server wasn’t set properly and undertook to delete the content himself.

At least that’s as far as I understand what happened.

We have no evidence of Hillary deleting or order any deletion of any of those emails during the subpoena.

The explanation of what happened is pretty straightforward and fits the evidence we have.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 10-20-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      And actually they were on a server who’s retention rate was to be set to 60 days. Meaning whatever hadn’t been archived would have been deleted.

When they were subpoenaed the technician realized the server wasn’t set properly and undertook to delete the content himself.

At least that’s as far as I understand what happened.

We have no evidence of Hillary deleting or order any deletion of any of those emails during the subpoena.

The explanation of what happened is pretty straightforward and fits the evidence we have.
      That's new information to me. Do you have a source?

BTW - this dovetails with my overall view of Ms. Clinton: that she doesn't know how to surround herself with the right people to fill in the areas where she has no expertise and with the right value-set. It's why I didn't vote for her and would not have wanted her to be president. She spends to much time playing too close to the vest, skates too close to the legal edge, and seems politically naive far too often for my tastes.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        That's new information to me. Do you have a source?

BTW - this dovetails with my overall view of Ms. Clinton: that she doesn't know how to surround herself with the right people to fill in the areas where she has no expertise and with the right value-set. It's why I didn't vote for her and would not have wanted her to be president. She spends to much time playing too close to the vest, skates too close to the legal edge, and seems politically naive far too often for my tastes.
        I would need sources to that too. Problem is that sources are often grossly partisan or just too early with speculative info in favor of the party the writer is affiliated with, thus often inaccurate. My understanding was she actually used a program specifically for deleting emails (aka "bleachbit").

Comment

I would need sources to that too. Problem is that sources are often grossly partisan or just too early with speculative info in favor of the party the writer is affiliated with, thus often inaccurate. My understanding was she actually used a program specifically for deleting emails (aka "bleachbit").
          That would be the technical aide who did that. And yes he used BleachBit.

It’s the conclusion of the FBI in uncovering all the events revolving around the email server that was put up in her residence.

They have a summary report here. They conclude they spell out the same that I said, including all sorts of minor details like the make of the server, when it was moved, who was informed of what, when she requested a new blackberry etc... https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton

As it stands they found several security violations, but no evidence of coverup.

I’m writing this from my phone, in bed, so I apologize for not digging out everything. You guys always get active right when it’s bed time for me

Comment

From what I know of Ms. Clinton's technical expertise, she wouldn't know a server if it fell on her, never mind use a software package to delete data on one. Did she instruct someone else to? According to this article, which is based on an FBI report, she did not. This (and several similar articles) basically confirms Leon's observation. I cannot get to the original FBI report. The links appear to be broken, suggesting that the report has been removed from the FBI website. Given the current executive - and all of the other things that have disappeared from government websites, that comes as no surprise to me.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Has Hillary been found not-guilty after going to court on such charges and being heard by a jury?

Or is she receiving special treatment by not being charged with a crime?

It would be interesting to see what happens to her if she were charged and processed through an uncorrupted court system.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Has Hillary been found not-guilty after going to court on such charges and being heard by a jury?

It would be interesting to see what happens to her if she were charged and processed through an uncorrupted court system.
                What charge would you bring, and on what evidence?

The FBI concluded she hadn’t deleted the emails, nor had she ordered it.

That leaves negligence in security, of which, after this latest case, negative marks have been handed out to personnel who may not get their Security clearance renewed.

So at the moment I don’t see what you’d charge her with.
                Last edited by Leonhard; 10-20-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

That would be the technical aide who did that. And yes he used BleachBit.

It’s the conclusion of the FBI in uncovering all the events revolving around the email server that was put up in her residence.

They have a summary report here. They conclude they spell out the same that I said, including all sorts of minor details like the make of the server, when it was moved, who was informed of what, when she requested a new blackberry etc... https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton

As it stands they found several security violations, but no evidence of coverup.

I’m writing this from my phone, in bed, so I apologize for not digging out everything. You guys always get active right when it’s bed time for me
                  Thanks for the link. Interesting read (though I'm not done yet). Clearly the person doing the investigating knew his/her servers and email protocols and conventions. The report, so far, confirms what you posted earlier. I wonder if anyone else will actually read it. Again - I doubt it will have any effect. Minds are pretty "locked in" these days.

Comment

From what I know of Ms. Clinton's technical expertise, she wouldn't know a server if it fell on her, never mind use a software package to delete data on one. Did she instruct someone else to? According to this article, which is based on an FBI report, she did not. This (and several similar articles) basically confirms Leon's observation. I cannot get to the original FBI report. The links appear to be broken, suggesting that the report has been removed from the FBI website. Given the current executive - and all of the other things that have disappeared from government websites, that comes as no surprise to me.
                    Well, yeah, I didn't literally mean she physically did it herself. We'd have to assume her technical expertise, which is something I don't assume. My use of "she" was general, meaning she directed it.

And, btw, I don't think I need to point out the problem with using FBI investigative sources here, do I?
                    Last edited by seanD; 10-20-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

No - but then not everyone who is investigated is indicted or goes to trial. Our legal system gives those who have access to the evidence the power to determine which cases merit a trial and which cases do not.

Your evidence for this is...?

It is disturbing that so many decide our legal system is corrupt when it does not produce the results they want it to produce....

Comment

And, btw, I don't think I need to point out the problem with using FBI investigative sources here, do I?
                        What specific part of their report do you disagree with, and what concrete evidence would you base that on?

Comment

No - but then not everyone who is investigated is indicted or goes to trial. Our legal system gives those who have access to the evidence the power to determine which cases merit a trial and which cases do not.

Your evidence for this is...?

It is disturbing that so many decide our legal system is corrupt when it does not produce the results they want it to produce....
                          Just pay attention to the pedophile news that is coming out. Maybe your mirage will start to go away

Comment

What specific part of their report do you disagree with, and what concrete evidence would you base that on?
                            FBI official's (and other agents he was in correspondence with) political favoritism towards Hillary revealed in congressional hearings. McCabe's possible conflict of interest between his wife and Clinton donors. Lynch's bizarre meeting with Bill while the investigation of his wife was ongoing. Basically, potential political conflicts of interest everywhere you look on almost every level with the department that oversaw her investigation. Hopefully we'll find out more and if this was widespread in the department after Barr's investigation is completed.
                            Last edited by seanD; 10-20-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

No - my post required no translation. It was fairly clear to even the casual reader.
                              The "casual reader" doesn't know you like I do.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

To be fair, liberals are latching onto the same argument used in favor of Trump, namely that a decision not to prosecute is an exoneration.

The difference, of course, is that Comey publicly laid out an ironclad case against Hillary before pulling the "no reasonable prosecutor would press charges" rabbit out of his hat, while Mueller could barely remember the details of his own investigation!

"Mr. Mueller, it says here that you could find no reason to charge the president with a crime."
                                "Where does it say that?"
                                "In the report that you wrote."
                                "I wrote a report?"
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment