tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Donald Trump - 'Phony Emoluments Clause'

Yes - Donald Trump actually said that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...-clause-053289

This is the man who claims 'great and unmatched wisdom' as regards the Syria decision.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...et/3898498002/

So now I wait and watch the Trump Minions here justify this one. I'm sure it will be 'creative' at the very least.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is where TDS gets the better of you, because any reasonable person can see that Trump is simply defending himself against (another) false accusation. In other words, he's saying that the accusation is phony and not that the clause itself is.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would pay money to hear Donald Trump explain what the Emoluments Clause is, what it forbids, and what action he might propose to do that would trigger it.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

4. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is where TDS gets the better of you, because any reasonable person can see that Trump is simply defending himself against (another) false accusation. In other words, he's saying that the accusation is phony and not that the clause itself is.

MM says as Trump on nearly a daily basis violates the Emoluments clause!
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

6. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You think "constitution-loving" Republicans who say they think the constitution is second only to the Bible, and who carry around a copy in their pocket, will bat an eyelid at Trump saying nasty things about the constitution?

Hahahaha, you're funny. You're confusing Republican voters with people who have any principles whatsoever.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trump on nearly a daily basis violates the Emoluments clause!
    Fake news, kiddo.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You think "constitution-loving" Republicans who say they think the constitution is second only to the Bible, and who carry around a copy in their pocket, will bat an eyelid at Trump saying nasty things about the constitution?

Hahahaha, you're funny. You're confusing Republican voters with people who have any principles whatsoever.
    You point out what is truly one of the saddest parts of the entire Trump episode. The exposure to the world of what is both the hypocrisy and the immorality of the republican party and its base constituency. I actually expected that Trump would be held in check by republican senators and congressmen. I actually expected the teachings of the christian faith to form the basis of the public voice aimed at trump if he wandered too far. Instead we have people so angered against the inroads of more liberal policies into our public life they are willing to tolerate any and all forms of debasement as long as he is in some way hitting back at those elements.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes - Donald Trump actually said that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...-clause-053289

This is the man who claims 'great and unmatched wisdom' as regards the Syria decision.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...et/3898498002/

So now I wait and watch the Trump Minions here justify this one. I'm sure it will be 'creative' at the very least.

Jim
    It’s quite entertaining how much you hate Trump that you lose your mind. Do tell, how much money do you suppose John Kerry would have made, from the government and foreign governments, if he won in 2004?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    It’s quite entertaining how much you hate Trump that you lose your mind. Do tell, how much money do you suppose John Kerry would have made, from the government and foreign governments, if he won in 2004?
    Thanks for making my point once again. And starlight's.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks for making my point once again. And starlight's.
    That what? It’s only an issue because you hate Trump, but it wasn’t an issue in 2004? Politicians have been making millions, for years, off the government dime and from foreign sources. Why do you suddenly care now? Have you cared about those who become millionaires while in office or shortly after leaving?
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-22-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

15. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.